When the Native Development Kit (NDK) comes out developers will be able to make a lot higher quality and more advance apps and games for the BlackBerry PlayBook.
    So my question to everyone is with the NDK soon to be available to developers, what games would people like to see available on the PlayBook? (Existing games or ideas for games are both welcome, the second is better )
    05-13-11 01:47 PM
    a game like feeding frenzy would be awesome

05-13-11 02:35 PM
    a game like feeding frenzy would be awesome

Thanks for the idea, we kinda had something bigger in mind. We hear people commenting on the lack of apps/games that are of a high quailty and advanced and we want to create on if not more. Something along the scale of NFS if you get what I mean.
    05-13-11 02:59 PM
    A first person shooter? Either modern or futuristically themed.
    05-13-11 03:21 PM
    Call of Duty.
    05-13-11 03:25 PM
    A first person shooter? Either modern or futuristically themed.
    I like the idea of a first person shooter game
    05-13-11 03:48 PM
    I would love to see some old school RPG action like the original fallout. A basic RTS would be sweet too.
    05-13-11 05:56 PM
    Multiplayer turn based strategy, kinda like Disciples on the PC back in the day

Preferably with some kind of email/background notifications or something that it's your turn so that you don't have to keep the game running all the time (multiplayer turn based strategy games can take a really long time to finish). Then when you open the game again it shows you a summary of what people did while you were gone. So kinda like if you had a word with friends type of play style.
    05-13-11 06:10 PM
    Thanks for the idea, we kinda had something bigger in mind. We hear people commenting on the lack of apps/games that are of a high quailty and advanced and we want to create on if not more. Something along the scale of NFS if you get what I mean.
    o wow thats pretty ambitious. good!

well lets see ive always wanted something like an RTS and could never find a good one for mobiles.

Also, maybe a good Sim City clone, but not just a build buildings and wait for money game. Something where some methods work better than others. Something with a good robust technology tree.

Also, maybe a puzzle/platformer game with a good but crazy story line. Graphics dont have to be super-realistic. I really like the graphics used on A Boy and His Blob for the Wii.
    05-13-11 06:13 PM
    Ah yes, sim games are fun. You'd have to make sure the UI works on a 7" touch only tablet though. That might take some good design work.

Sim theme park is one of my favorite old school PC sims.
    05-13-11 07:00 PM
    I would love to see some old school RPG action like the original fallout. A basic RTS would be sweet too.
    omg i would so love that. i love post apocolyptica so much. my favorite fpsrpg when it worked was fallout 3, new vegas had to much walking and not anoff exploring and lost the whole end of modern civilization feel i like. but a post apocolyptic rpg or fallout original ported would be excelent.
    05-13-11 07:43 PM
    i would love to see games like infinity blade on the PB
    05-14-11 09:47 AM
    oh! how about a game like Desert Strike or Jungle Strike for SNES but with better graphics
    05-15-11 07:25 PM
    i know most would like infinity blade type games. However with the screen real estate i would love a nice golf gps app so i can take and use my PB on the golf course.
    05-15-11 09:13 PM
    anyone play or remember Master of Orion?

turned based strategy game would work well on a tablet i think.
    05-16-11 12:41 AM
    I would like to see some RTS action on the PB. Something like dawn of discovery would be a good balance of depth and UI complexity.

DAWN OF DISCOVERY | Dawn of Discovery Portal | Ubisoft

On another vote, anything that is strategy based.
    05-16-11 02:27 AM
    First person shooter game, bit like Call of Duty?
    05-16-11 10:28 AM
    Plants vs. Zombies clones with high end graphics.
    05-16-11 04:03 PM
    make sure they are high in megabyte count
    05-16-11 05:34 PM
    First person shooter game, bit like Call of Duty?
    That is exactly what I would like to play. Either a Multiplayer or Coop version along with a Single Player campaign would be insane, if its possible. I could live with a single player only game though. Its just, a coop or multiplayer game adds so much replay value. I do not know if thats possible though.
    05-16-11 06:04 PM
    make sure they are high in megabyte count
    Oh, yeah...I forgot to mention that. If the game is over 50 MB, I bet it would be a good game.

It would have a high MB count if it has high end graphics, a lot of levels, and many friendly and enemies units with many upgrades. I bet it would be a great Plants vs. Zombies clone.

It would make a lot of money. A lot of people are waiting for Plants vs. Zombies 2 but I don't know when PopCap games will make it.

The funny thing is...there are so MANY Angry Birds clones but not many Plants vs. Zombies clones.
    Last edited by Earthbrain; 05-17-11 at 12:37 AM.
    offthahorseceo likes this.
    05-17-11 12:32 AM
    What I would buy:

1) Golf game, along the lines of Let's Golf! on iPad
    2) Gran Turismo style racing game, like Real Racing or GT Racing on iPad
    05-17-11 08:42 AM
    A few ideas:

- Something similar to Diablo II
    - Something similar to Super Mario
    - FPS
    05-17-11 04:33 PM
    Grand theft auto 2 or 3 clone?
    05-17-11 05:24 PM
    Grand theft auto 2 or 3 clone?
    We do actually have that in the works currently, we are re-writing the backend so that you can play from the web and from our PlayBook app that should be coming this summer. And then we are going to start work on the 3D version of the game, but it will be in Java so we will use the Android Player so you can play it on the PlayBook. Then the aim next year is to create a game from the same game engin but not linked the the current game. More on all of this at a later date.
    05-17-11 05:34 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD