I wonder why the release on app world was delayed. Fishlab said it was due end of May. Does it requires playbook os 2.1? Oh, something fishy, does it mean playbook os 2.1 beta release a couple of week and the future public release was delayed?
    06-14-12 07:08 AM
    I wonder why the release on app world was delayed. Fishlab said it was due end of May. Does it requires playbook os 2.1? Oh, something fishy, does it mean playbook os 2.1 beta release a couple of week and the future public release was delayed?
    Fishlabs stated on their site that they are still working on the application. They have yet to give a timetable for release (updated). This is a fishlabs issue and apparently not a RIM issue.

http://www.fishlabs.net/en/blog/ente...aybook/?blog=1

Hi Patrick, of course, getting the game to run on a new device and having it ready for release are by far not one and the same thing. Especially when we’re talking about a new platform, on which we haven’t put out any titles before, there’s always the chance that something unexpected comes in the way and causes additional difficulties. Since we always want to release our titles in the best-possible quality, we’d rather postpone the release of our titles a little than make ‘em available in a half-finished version that doesn’t run 100% smoothly.
    As for the price, I can’t say anything about it yet, but upon release it’ll most likely be full-price. GOF2 was out on iOS almost two years before we finally dropped the price that massively. Also, the current weekend sale of GOF2 (SD) for iPhone, iPad an iPod touch does not have anything to do with the delay of GOF2 HD for BlackBerry PlayBook. These are two entirely different things that don’t interfere with each other at all… if you check out our latest blog entries and forum posts, you’ll also see that several iOS, Android and PC versions of the GOF franchise had been postponed in the last couple of weeks/months, too. That’s simply what happens if you operate in an industry as fast-moving as mobile gaming… until a title’s finally out, nothing’s ever 100% finite here, cause the mobile space is constantly in motion and it is very hard to anticipate all the latest happenings weeks or even months in advance. We’re of course really sorry for the delay of GOF2 HD for BB PlayBook and hope that you and all the other fans lookin’ forward to that release do understand our position at least a bit. One way or another, you can be assured that GOF2 HD will be one helluva title and set your PlayBook ablaze rather soon. We’ll keep you posted…
    yanicmb and bluetroll like this.
    06-14-12 09:32 AM
    I just got an e-mail from them saying the game will be available mid-July. Apparently the addition of in-app purchases have slowed things down. They also provided some details on what to expect...

In terms of gameplay, story and graphics, the PlayBook version of Galaxy on Fire 2™ HD will be almost identical with the iOS version of the game, which is already available for iPhone 4S, iPad 2 and the new iPad. The controls, however, have been optimized in order to guarantee a perfect gaming experience on the BlackBerry PlayBook. All recent updates of the best-selling iOS version of Galaxy on Fire 2™ HD have already been integrated into the PlayBook version and will henceforth be available for the BlackBerry gaming community right from the start.
    yanicmb and Sith_Apprentice like this.
    06-18-12 08:39 AM
    i cant wait! this game looks awesome
    06-18-12 10:39 AM
    06-18-12 12:17 PM
    i'm STILL waiting on sonic the hedgehog, which was to arrive in app world in May....maybe jeppson meant may of 2013?

atleast there is some time table for galaxy on fire.
    06-18-12 03:12 PM
    i'm STILL waiting on sonic the hedgehog, which was to arrive in app world in May....maybe jeppson meant may of 2013?

atleast there is some time table for galaxy on fire.
    I don't recall Jeppson saying in May. You have any of his tweet/post regarding it?
    06-18-12 06:33 PM
    Search the forum for the thread about sonic 4 episode 1. There is a attachment of the tweet jeppson sent out in April stating sonic will be in app world in may.
    It's probably in apps/games on page 2.
    06-18-12 06:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD