so i work at wally world part time in electronics, and today we put our kobo readers on clearance. the sales just aren't close to kindle or nook. makes me wonder how long kobo is going to be around and do i really want to spend more money on kobo books. any thoughts? i like kobo, but from my perspective their future looks dark. i don't know...
    06-30-11 12:01 PM
    It is hard to say at this point. However, beside the Kobo Web site, it is also possible to get books from Borders eBook Store. Borders has not made a profit since 2006 and is currently in Chapter 11. Borders Group - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    06-30-11 12:30 PM
    so i work at wally world part time in electronics, and today we put our kobo readers on clearance. the sales just aren't close to kindle or nook. makes me wonder how long kobo is going to be around and do i really want to spend more money on kobo books. any thoughts? i like kobo, but from my perspective their future looks dark. i don't know...
    Its hard to say how a company will do in this case. As for a reason Wally World might have put the Kobo reader on clearance could be cause a new model is do out Jul 5th.
    06-30-11 01:43 PM
    I wish they had magazines.
    06-30-11 01:59 PM
    I wish they had magazines.
    I wished Zinio would be released already.
    06-30-11 02:18 PM
    Its hard to say how a company will do in this case. As for a reason Wally World might have put the Kobo reader on clearance could be cause a new model is do out Jul 5th.
    Yeah. We're setting the new merch now. Kobo isn't even on the radar.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-30-11 08:23 PM
    Kobo is big in Canada through the Chapters/Indigo chain (whereas Borders Nook readers have no presence). They should be around for some time.

That being said the lack of functionality to side load books not purchased through their store on a PlayBook is shortsighted (a regular Kobo ereader has this capability) . As the only preloaded ereader for the PlayBook we deserve more love!
    07-01-11 10:07 PM
    The big thing Kobo's missing in Magazines and Newspapers. There's nothing on that front. That's really the only thing missing. I have very few issues otherwise.
    lordaccord likes this.
    07-01-11 10:54 PM
    Borders has not made a profit since 2006 and is currently in Chapter 11.[/url]
    Basically every single Borders store in my area has shut down.
    I think Barnes and Noble is much better than Borders, in my opinion.
    Sad to see them go though, especially on the last day when they were selling all the furnishings inside the store.
    07-01-11 11:00 PM
    Kobo books work fine on any of the other e-ink readers that support epub with adobe drm so even if they stopped making the hardware you could simply treat them as another bookseller, it is one of the strengths that epub readers have over the kindle that you can easily buy from multiple stores without needing to remove the drm to do so, albeit b&n and apple did mess things up slightly by supporting epub with their own choices of drm on them.
    07-02-11 08:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD