Ok, I think this is hillarious. Take a look at the description for a new app called Cooktop by Piet Jonas. The app simulates a glass ceramic cooktop.

What's funny is the description: "This app is intended for entertainment purposes only and does not provide any glass ceramic cooktop functionality."

Piet Jonas, whoever you are, you made me laugh; that disclaimer is hillarious.
    09-23-11 10:22 AM
    Ok, I think this is hillarious. Take a look at the description for a new app called Cooktop by Piet Jonas. The app simulates a glass ceramic cooktop.

What's funny is the description: "This app is intended for entertainment purposes only and does not provide any glass ceramic cooktop functionality."

Piet Jonas, whoever you are, you made me laugh; that disclaimer is hillarious.
    Haha Lol I did download the app, cant believe RIM is approving such apps.
    09-23-11 10:41 AM
    Haha Lol I did download the app, cant believe RIM is approving such apps.
    IMHO, nothing compares with Dmytro Klyman's apps.

Here is a CB thread about an app that uses PB's on-board electromagnetic radiation detector to find UFO's lurking in the area. Dmytro also released an app that repels mosquitoes by emitting high frequency sound.
    09-23-11 11:24 AM
    I downloaded it first thing this morning!

Who says iOS has to have exclusive rights to useless apps!
    09-23-11 11:56 AM
    IMHO, nothing compares with Dmytro Klyman's apps.

Here is a CB thread about an app that uses PB's on-board electromagnetic radiation detector to find UFO's lurking in the area. Dmytro also released an app that repels mosquitoes by emitting high frequency sound.
    I definitely could have used that in July in the Sierra. I did purchase something like that about a dozen years back. Those darn mosquitoes were oblivious. DEET, DEET...... (not to be used around a pb or any other device with plastic or rubber including swiss army knife handles)
    09-23-11 11:58 AM
    I'm going to change the description of my app. I will claim that it is a highly effective UFO repellent. And who among you can prove otherwise?

PS: The new price is $4.99.
    09-23-11 12:21 PM
    I'm going to change the description of my app. I will claim that it is a highly effective UFO repellent. And who among you can prove otherwise?
    PS: The new price is $4.99.
    LOL ... I recommend to change your description

Guaranteed results. $5000 reward if you can prove otherwise.
    BuzzStarField likes this.
    09-23-11 12:43 PM
    Actually, I have to say I thought Piet's implementation was perfect, it's creative (and to my knowledge, original), and very effective for his intended purpose. Kudos to him for doing it.

(If nothing else, it made my 5-year old pause and think about at it for a while when I put a tea cup on it and told her to be careful not to touch it.)

Unlike the mosquito-repellant app, which bugs me (pun intended) because I know some people will actually get suckered into thinking it works, this one is clearly for entertainment purposes only, and it does that job well. (Well, entertainment for us, self-promotion for Piet.)
    09-24-11 06:12 PM
    Whats even more funny is before i downloaded tbis app i knew it was just a toy, but that didnt stop me from cranking it to 9 and quickly touching the acreen just to see if it did get hot!
    09-24-11 06:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD