Hey there guys.
    This is my attemt to make a user friendly nes emulator. It was intended to be published in app world but got banned so I finally found time to make a website to publish. It's based on FCEUX but frontend rendering is done on pure OpenGL without SDL, sound is by OpenAL (still a bit glitchy though).
    So take a look at playbook-nes.com. Source will be published later.
    Friendly NES Emulator-nes-screen-00039_th.png
    Friendly NES Emulator-nes-screen-00012_th.png
    Friendly NES Emulator-nes-screen-00010_th.png
    Last edited by Anton Veretenenko; 05-11-13 at 09:44 AM. Reason: updated pictures
    05-11-13 09:34 AM
    lol I wonder why it got banned? Android has a ton of Nintendo emulators that they allow on their Google Play store. Bummer. This should be cool. I wonder if an SNES/N64/GB/DS emulator is coming soon as well...
    05-11-13 09:38 AM
    They have a document called "BlackBerry App World Vetting Criteria" where it's stated under "Piracy" "9.4 ROMs or game system emulators are not allowed". This document was published not long ago, before that they just reject app with not much of description. And they had dosemu in appworld at that time, now I can't find it anymore.
    05-11-13 09:58 AM
    lol I wonder why it got banned? Android has a ton of Nintendo emulators that they allow on their Google Play store. Bummer. This should be cool. I wonder if an SNES/N64/GB/DS emulator is coming soon as well...
    http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...aybook-705309/

Stickied thread in this forum. Has emulators for all those things except DS. (Plus a load you didn't mention).
    05-11-13 11:51 AM
    Great. So how do we install this? Same as BAR files?

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 12:19 PM
    Great. So how do we install this? Same as BAR files?
    It is a BAR file, so yes, obviously. It even has install instructions on the website. (Although not using the most user friendly tools, using official SDK tools; but they're not hard to use, and if you already know some other method for installing apps, that method will work fine too)

EDIT: Just saw this on the website:

FCEUX code base make possible to play almost all games available even awful pirated Chinese ports.
    I though it was a little humorous using the word "pirated" in a seemingly negative connotation when it is of course blatantly obvious that at least 90% of the users of this app will be playing pirated games they never owned anyway.
    05-11-13 12:30 PM
    I though it was a little humorous using the word "pirated" in a seemingly negative connotation when it is of course blatantly obvious that at least 90% of the users of this app will be playing pirated games they never owned anyway.
    Well I did not mean negative color to that, just joking about all that Mario hacks with changed sprites calling it Mario 6 then, etc
    05-11-13 06:00 PM
    Does NES have mario world?

Posted via CB10
    05-12-13 06:49 AM
    wikipedia says no but there is an unlicensed port from chinese company Super Mario World (Famicom) - BootlegGames Wiki
    05-12-13 10:15 AM
    Well I did not mean negative color to that, just joking about all that Mario hacks with changed sprites calling it Mario 6 then, etc
    AfroMario! Super KKK Bros. Lol I forgot about those hacked Mario games!
    05-14-13 01:59 PM