Hey guys, Louis.Keeper and I have decided to give the Video Downloader App away for free.
    We were contacted by Crackberry and told we couldn't sell it here. But it has also been denied on App World. A lot of hard work has gone into this app, and I cant stress that enough. Which is why we decided to sell it before but still keep the free version up.
    If you have already made a donation we will gladly refund you. Just shoot me a p/m.
    I was also told that I can't post a donation link within this thread, so if you would like to make one and support this application and all that went into it you may do so within the app itself.

What You Can Do
    Browse Youtube privately! Your watched videos will not be cached.
    Watch youtube FAST, our servers aren't clogged like Youtube. Load times are quick.
    Download the videos straight to your Playbook in 480p, 720p, 1080p

You must sideload this app.
    Click To Download
    Rename to .bar if your computer saves it as a .zip

Enjoy
    We are working on new apps and if you have any suggestions please feel free to tell us and we will do our best to accomodate.
    Last edited by FTWrath; 06-17-11 at 01:26 PM.
    06-17-11 11:43 AM
    Thanks!

So far it's not installing for me. I've been able to SideLoad other apps...not sure why this one isn't working.
    06-17-11 12:21 PM
    It might have been renamed to .zip someone had a similar iaaue

Its been sideloaded by over 20 donators already
    Just rename it to .bar if its the case

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-17-11 12:32 PM
    It already has the .bar extension, I'll try again shortly.
    06-17-11 01:09 PM
    06-17-11 01:26 PM
    Just downloaded the app ... grt work thank you... and for all the hard work made asmall donation.... just make sure you remove all the bugs as well. will let you know the bugs in detail once i start using it....
    06-17-11 05:43 PM
    Heyy nice app i was just wondering were the video is download when is completed? i cant find it...

*Edit: I downloaded "Look at me now" video in 1080p when download finish, my pb says theres no videos i cant find were is the videoooo...
    Last edited by Binio; 06-18-11 at 02:47 PM.
    06-18-11 12:26 PM
    Finally got it working. While I definitely like the concept, the UI is a bit sluggish which I hope gets resolved in future releases. Great job!
    06-18-11 12:46 PM
    It depends on wifi.
    The app is only 52kb which is insanely small.
    Its requesting everything from youtube though so its only going to load as fast as youtube does and as good as your internet is.

06-18-11 03:13 PM
    It depends on wifi.
    The app is only 52kb which is insanely small.
    Its requesting everything from youtube though so its only going to load as fast as youtube does and as good as your internet is.
    May you tell me were the videos is downloaded on my playbook? i am looking foward to donate some money cuz this app is really usefull for mee
    06-18-11 03:33 PM
    You can find it in your videos app sir.

06-18-11 06:13 PM
    any difference between the website and the .bar file app? anything gained or lost?
    the website is working great today. super fast playback and download speeds.

06-19-11 12:37 AM
    Yeah its more sleek. Doesnt store your recently played files.
    Better overall.
    06-19-11 01:26 AM
    this app is nice, simple and it WORKS!! the only thing that's odd (but i can live with it) is that it opens up a browser when it needs to DL the video. OS issue most likely?

Only issue i have found so far although it may be youtube related..
    1. for some reason some vids doesn't show unless you click on another one and go back to the original vid you want to see. Then again sometimes i click on a vid it'll take about 5-10 seconds to show up. Very possible I'm just impatient..lol

What would be nice but not necessary..
    1. A status download bar if possible
    2. No popping up a browser to download
    3. possibly incorporate other sites other than youtube?
    06-22-11 06:08 PM
    Cant do the first two.
    It HAS to open browser. There is no way for developers to track downloads that I know of.
    As for the other one I'll see what we can do in future updates.
    Thanks for the feedback!
    06-22-11 11:42 PM
    Hi guys and thanks for the nice job done. Only thing I have noticed is that when trying to DL I got the following error: Error Locating URL's. I may have missed something but the messaging keeps poping up. Any tip? Thx.
    08-14-11 04:01 PM
    i have same problem, i dont know whats wrong
    08-15-11 02:48 PM
    unable to download...
    08-31-12 07:45 AM
    unable to download...
    Could be because this post is over a year old?
    08-31-12 09:46 AM
    Could be because this post is over a year old?
    I get the file downloaded but get an error unable to identify package ID
    08-31-12 04:49 PM
    very possible this app doesn't work with the many os updates since post. apps need to be updated over time. I'm sure he wouldn't update a program that was denied to app world
    08-31-12 06:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD