Hello everyone,
    I released a new drawing application for playbook, and its free!

Click here to get PaintBook

PaintBook is a drawing application with tons of feature. This app is made for users of all ages and for all purpose related to drawing.
    Some of the unique and important features of this app are:-

-Zoom everything to a scale of 1x to 8x with a simple pinch gesture to see all the details of your painting

-Unlimited undoes to help you rectify all your minor mistakes

-Load Images from your playbook and save your precious paintings in your BlackBerry� PlayBook�

-Text tool to apply those special texts to your paintings with an ease

-Curve/Straight line tool to make your paintings look more realistic an professional

-Add special papers to your canvas, It has 8 built in papers they are:-
    *Lined paper
    *Staff paper
    *Checkered paper
    *Coordinate graph paper
    *Multi-weight graph paper
    *Dot grid paper
    *Half lined paper
    *Half checkered paper

-Full range of color palette.

-Adjustable brush size
    03-22-12 10:13 PM
    How are these drawings saved, just in the app itself or as an image?

Edit* I downloaded it to answer my own question, saves as an image under PaintBook in the pictures app. Very nice app! thank you
    Last edited by Marauder2; 03-22-12 at 11:32 PM.
    03-22-12 10:39 PM
    another great free app from the makers of Switchballs! which, btw dude, still loving! keep up the good work!
    03-22-12 11:15 PM
    @Marauder2
    Yes it saves all your paintings in a folder named "PaintBook" under the photos

@Tomcat_Alley
    Thanks, and thanks for giving nice feedbacks for switchballs, your positive feedbacks encourages me to make better apps/games for you

@sarahbriggs25
    Thanks, that food app is nice sugestion i'll look to it...

BTW if you have any suggestion for improvement of PaintBook or for any new app.. post it on my page

GrafixGames on Facebook
    03-23-12 08:22 AM
    I have just joined the long parade of folks where "appworld is not available in your country!" I know I am represented by two US Senators, so I think I'm still in the US! Rebooted and that did not move me into acceptable terrain. So I will seek this out later, I guess.
    03-23-12 09:59 AM
    Looks like a very nice little app
    03-23-12 10:42 AM
    NICE app, thanks for making it FREE.....KOOL.
    03-23-12 10:54 AM
    (edited my questions/comments)

Got it. First, thanks for offering this for free.

A few questions. Once a 'Paper' is selected, how do you go back to BLANK paper. I see I can erase all of those dots but ... (NEW will blank the "paper" patterns - in other words start a new drawing)

Reloading a drawing, well, are we stuck with Rim's awful - 1,000 plus photos since that's what I've got on my pb? I was able to SEARCH.

When using the CURVE, it always originates in the upper left quadrant. Any way to have to open where it was left off?

Can I load normal jpg photos or only jpeg images? (if there's a difference). A bit slow on LOADING. (I was able to load a jpg - it is just a bit slow loading)

Not my most creative but .... thanks....
    Last edited by F2; 03-23-12 at 11:39 AM.
    03-23-12 11:26 AM
    Thanks for the great app...
    03-23-12 07:40 PM
    @SCrid2000 and spencerdl and Robert Calhoun
    I am glad you appreciated the efforts...Do keep checking for newer apps from GrafixGames

@F2
    when you press new button a blank is inserted automatically

Curve will always be generate on the same position(top left). Currently you cant generate on the previous position, btw this is a nice feature i'll add it to its next update

You can load .jpg, .jpeg, .png files. Loading takes time according to the size of the image you are trying to load

Tell me if you have any more suggestion to make this app better.I'll try to implement it
    03-24-12 12:07 PM
    Thanks for the replies. It is always nice to have the programmer (do you prefer Developer?) in the forum. Although we can sometimes drive you folks crazy with our requests!!!
    03-24-12 03:11 PM
    You can call me programmer,coder,developer,Grafix,buddy anything you like. I promise i wont go crazy with your request and I'll try my best to implement them.

So if you have any suggestion just shoot here or on my FB page

If you like my app then please do give it ratings and nice reviews back on the appworld, that helps me a lot
    03-25-12 11:54 AM
    Thanks for the freebie! I would like to be able to remove the "paper" without losing the work done over it. Like just using a graph paper as a guide, then removing it to save. If possible. thanks again.
    03-25-12 12:24 PM
    Thanks for the freebie! I would like to be able to remove the "paper" without losing the work done over it. Like just using a graph paper as a guide, then removing it to save. If possible. thanks again.
    Yes, I guess that I what I had expected. Bring up a "grid-template" draw and then remove only the grid. That's why I asked my question, too.
    03-25-12 02:01 PM
    Thats a nice suggestion i'll defiantly add it to next update
    03-26-12 11:37 AM
    Really nice app! Lets me draw quick and fast. Thanks for keeping it free!
    04-18-12 05:01 AM
    Grafix - can you recommend any web sites that have uncoloured images or scenery that can be used for painting?
    11-03-12 10:51 AM
    here is a review i made for this awesome app

more reviews coming soon and check out my blog in the sig below

only thing i noticed, i was unable to load an image, i tried a pic taken with my playbook.
    11-03-12 10:29 PM
    here is a review i made for this awesome app

more reviews coming soon and check out my blog in the sig below

only thing i noticed, i was unable to load an image, i tried a pic taken with my playbook.
    Thanks for the review, have you tried using a stylus with this app?
    11-05-12 09:25 AM
    Thanks for the application. Any chance of adding triangular dot grid and plain paper backgrounds. Plain paper would give the option of removing the background. Also could you add a straight line tool?

Cheers
    11-05-12 02:33 PM
    Nice drawing app. I see you have a nice Curve tool - I have not seen this feature in most of the other drawing apps - but oddly I do not see a tool for drawing circles (ovals) boxes (rectangular) shapes. Am I missing them or are they not included? Thanks for the hard work
    11-05-12 03:07 PM
    what kinds of stylus have you tried so far?
    11-05-12 10:36 PM
    Just saw Paintbook plus in the new releases. Looks nice but at $5 I'd like to know if anyone has tried it. The small file size makes me wonder.
    11-15-12 06:28 AM
    Just saw Paintbook plus in the new releases. Looks nice but at $5 I'd like to know if anyone has tried it. The small file size makes me wonder.
    Before Purchasing the full version try out the free version
    PaintBook 2.0 Free

I made this app highly efficient, thats why it only requires 270 KB in your hard disk to perform all those advanced functions.
    11-27-12 11:17 PM
    Hello,
    I've just purchased the full version of PaintBook 2.0. It's a good app but there is a very annoying
    bug. The app quit itself when drawing without saving anything. It appends all the time.
    Could you correct this big bugs, it would be great ?
    Thank's a lot in advance.

Just some suggestions for the next version.
    1) It would be great, when we import a picture, we can put it where we want on the canevas and set its dimension
    instead of placing it automatically on the top left corner and filling the whole canevas with it.
    2) If the selected tool is Brush or another tools for drawing, when you use pinch to change the zoom factor
    of the canevas, sometime the canevas is modified because it's quite impossible to touch the screen with
    the two fingers exactly in the same time. Could you correct this or create special tool to zoom, move and rotate the whole
    canevas ?

Best regards...
    Ymer
    12-03-12 01:20 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD