Over a year ago I started working on an app called Tablet TV; the development of the app and the community support was incredible, and I'm happy that the app did so well (you can read about it at http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...let-tv-706571/).
    However, near the beginning of July BlackBerry got a complaint from Bell Media Group about the use of the icons in the app. I was contacted regarding the complaint, and Tablet TV was removed from BlackBerry World.
    Although the usage of the icons qualifies as fair use under 17 USC 107, I immediately removed the icons, submitted the update as a new release, and contacted BlackBerry to request its readmittance to BlackBerry World.
    Despite numerous emails to Natalie Tallon (the BlackBerry Employee who pulled it), Toby Land (the attorney for Bell Media) and several other BlackBerry monitored emails I did not receive a single email response regarding the reinstitution of the app from anyone.

So, rather than let the effort go to waste, I decided I'd simply post the .bar files here on CrackBerry for anyone who wants them.
    These are the full version that was $0.99 in BlackBerry World, not the free version.

BEFORE YOU DOWNLOAD:
    Tablet TV is not a live streaming app; it's not a cable TV replacement. And, to be entirely honest, it's not the greatest app for the Z10 due to the small screen size.
    The Z10 Version is also slightly rough; it needed a few updates to make it more compatible, but that's not happening now.
    These apps will not receive updates.

Feel free to download these, unzip them, extract the code, redistribute, relink, remirror, etc etc. Usage of these is only limited to two factors:
    1. Do not attempt to sell these files (should go without saying), in either their current state or a modified one. No commercial usage lol.
    2. Not a requirement, but as a matter of niceness please don't pretend you made them. I don't usually credit-*****, but I'm gonna do it a tiny bit here.
    If you like this app, feel free to send a mtn dew my way.

Alright, so with all that out of the way:
    Tablet TV for PlayBook
    Tablet TV for Z10

(might work on Q10 but I haven't tried it).
    Enjoy!

Edit: Some people seem to thing I'm not going to develop for BlackBerry anymore? Not the case. I'll continue to maintain and update my current apps and develop new ones. And, as always, all my apps in BlackBerry World can be found at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/vendor/4735/
    Last edited by SCrid2000; 08-09-13 at 11:39 AM.
    08-08-13 11:20 PM
    That is MOST GENEROUS OF YOU.

And I shall keep my BB thoughts to myself but you may use vivid imagination!
    08-08-13 11:57 PM
    Reminds me of when Microsoft sue the makers of Windows Commander for using windows in their product's name and forced them to change the name. M$ asserted that it would "comfuse" us all. (Du'h?) It's the Golden Rule. He who has the gold makes the rules.
    maraki1224 likes this.
    08-09-13 08:42 AM
    Was glad to support it when it was a paid app. Hate to see all the hassle over icons, but so nice of you to post this here.
    08-09-13 08:52 AM
    You should have at least received a reply from Natalie. I hope someone from dev relations is reading this.
    08-09-13 08:56 AM
    You should have at least received a reply from Natalie. I hope someone from dev relations is reading this.
    Sent her 6 emails over 3 weeks lol. I'm not surprised that Bell Media ignored me, they got what they wanted. Ultimately, I decided the best thing to do for people who had bought the app was just to post it here.
    08-09-13 09:31 AM