Anybody who sports the free compass app: Under the elevation mine says 2e+2 and on the bottom of the screen where it says Compass the letters are cut off on the bottom. Also the values are all metric. There is no settings. Is all that the way it is supposed to be?
    Willard814 likes this.
    01-05-12 12:29 PM
    this app doesnt work. Its never been updated since apr. Developer has gone awol. Just delete it and save ur breathe. (read the comments in app world. this app is a piece of ...poo)
    Willard814 likes this.
    01-05-12 12:41 PM
    Anybody who sports the free compass app: Under the elevation mine says 2e+2 and on the bottom of the screen where it says Compass the letters are cut off on the bottom. Also the values are all metric. There is no settings. Is all that the way it is supposed to be?
    No way to change it. The compass has no real practical application other then to double check with the GPS.
    01-05-12 12:42 PM
    Yep, it's pretty limited, and in fact a few of the readings (altitude comes to mind) have always been bogus, as I recall. It does work though, for basic lat/long coordinates, as well as anything else does. Good for basic testing of the GPS, but not much beyond that.
    01-05-12 01:44 PM
    Yes, it is FREE and can reasonably test if the pb gps is working. At one point, it was all we had so be grateful for that. I would guess that the developer got a free pb when that offer was available.
    Willard814 likes this.
    01-05-12 02:41 PM
    I would guess that the developer got a free pb when that offer was available.
    He got his free PB then bailed!
    alnamvet68 likes this.
    01-05-12 02:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD