I wanted to download a couple of the FREE apps RIM is giving as a thank-you. But they seem to be only for my 9900 and I wanted them on my Playbook as it's bigger and easier to play games than my phone. Is it possible to download to my phone, then use bridge to play the game on a bigger screen? Or is there another way to download the apps/games directly to Playbook? Thanks.
    12-10-11 05:59 PM
    I wanted to download a couple of the FREE apps RIM is giving as a thank-you. But they seem to be only for my 9900 and I wanted them on my Playbook as it's bigger and easier to play games than my phone. Is it possible to download to my phone, then use bridge to play the game on a bigger screen? Or is there another way to download the apps/games directly to Playbook? Thanks.
    You can download a app called 'phone remote' from the app world.This app lets you access everything on the BB on your PB.
    You will be able toplay games on the bigger PB screen but there is a problem. Since connection only works over the wifi, its not very fast and that can be a problem while you try to play games because it suffers some lag.
    Once the OS2.0 gets released this app might be upgraded to use the bluetooth PB capabilities which may make it better, and also give you the option of accessing your phone stuff anywhere, right now you are restricted to a wifi network where both the BB and PB are connected.

Hope this helps
    KodyShadow likes this.
    12-10-11 06:12 PM
    The PB was not affected by the outage so they didn't offer free apps for it. The PB actually saved me because I was able to use the Bridge Browser and access our Outlook Web Access site.
    12-10-11 06:25 PM
    As mentioned, phoneremote works but can be a bit slow. But pb apps and phone apps are entirely different. Apps for one will not run on the other device.
    12-10-11 06:34 PM
    As mentioned, phoneremote works but can be a bit slow. But pb apps and phone apps are entirely different. Apps for one will not run on the other device.
    I don't know but I suspect that once the PB and the BB phones are both QNX then we will have lift-off. At least I sure hope so ( like the other guys).
    12-12-11 12:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD