About a week or so ago, there was a thread about free apps, but it wasnt available in every store, in fact this one app world store had all these free apps (UNO etc) but the for sale apps were cheaper than then whatever appstore I was going to

DOES ANYONE REMEMBER THIS
    -------------------------------
    Quick instructions on how to enter a proxy onto your Playbook:

1) Access the options menu then select Wi-Fi

-------------------------

Well after getting some free apps I also bought a few apps that night. as of 2 days ago, I cant connect to my store to update my apps, It tells me they need to be updated and when I hit the app store icon, the site comes up and I see stuff to buy and MY WORLD but everytime I try to update or BUY a program, it just says it cant connect to the world app world server, (I even try to input those proxy number again and it wont even get me to the an app world). My wifes playbook is acting fine
    I dunno what to do, its been 2 days and I cant buy anything or update anything. I think I mighthave hosed something up big time and hope I aint gotta wipe my book as I got some cash invested in games now.
    Last edited by dannyjoebrown; 03-20-12 at 05:16 PM.
    03-20-12 02:02 PM
    What happens when you click 'Purchase' on an app *without* using the proxy?
    Does it ask you to authorise?
    03-20-12 02:23 PM
    No, when I click on purchasing an app or updating an app, That little circle just spins for a minute or so and then says it cant connect to world app server, but I can get to the app store, I can look at apps read reviews and all that but when I try to do anything it wont connect, I cant even get it to connect with the payment option button when you pull down the top screen menu

Also have rebooted 2x to be sure but its the same, I feel this proxie change has messed soemthing up big time
    Last edited by dannyjoebrown; 03-20-12 at 05:15 PM.
    03-20-12 02:41 PM
    Delete your saved WiFi Network and then add the details of your router again as the proxy settings sometimes get corrupted even when removed.
    03-20-12 03:05 PM
    Hey thanks, I just did it and it started updating my games, plus its going a lot faster so maybe I have been hosed up a bit. Ill add this to my notes on keeping my playbook going.
    03-20-12 03:18 PM
    Delete your saved WiFi Network and then add the details of your router again as the proxy settings sometimes get corrupted even when removed.
    I'm going to try this, I keep getting the 003-005 error after doing the same thing.
    Thanks!
    03-20-12 07:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD