So in a post for a recent app of mine, (http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...t-place-728787), I got to wondering why there wasn't an icon for the PlayBook video camera. I mean, we all use it right? So why do we have to launch the Camera app, and then switch to the video camera?
    So for those of us who want a Video Camera icon, I present to you: Video Camera (creative name, right?).

Video Camera performs just one function: it launches the Video Camera. (I hope you caught that from the name).
    The first time you run it, you get a screen thanking you for downloading Video Camera (polite of me eh?) and recommending that you try App Drawer. This popup only shows the first time you run Video Camera.

Video Camera is available in App World at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/117836

I hope some people find Video Camera useful, and if you don't like Video Camera, feel free to make something better and give it out for free
    Last edited by SCrid2000; 06-26-12 at 11:59 AM.
    06-11-12 11:51 PM
    thanks shane!
    06-12-12 12:13 AM
    Nice one
    SCrid2000 likes this.
    06-12-12 01:05 AM
    Nice find buddy
    06-12-12 01:15 AM
    Nice, now if someone can fix the pause I get 5scesinto my videos that would be perfect
    06-12-12 06:40 AM
    Thanks for this SCrid!
    06-12-12 07:32 AM
    Haha I knew this was coming
    06-12-12 08:58 AM
    Why RIM didn't just include this in the first place is beyond me! Thank GOD for 3rd Party App development!
    06-12-12 10:08 AM
    Good stuff. great thinking! its the little things that make life better.

thanks!!!!!!
    06-12-12 11:28 AM
    I must be a glutton for punishment but what is the big deal here?

I thank OP for making the App shortcut. But really? You're all kvetching about having to open an "Camera" app that represents the hardware then selecting the mode that you want the hardware to do, which would be video camera.

It's literally a swipe and press to switch to vidcam mode (less then 2 secs). How lazy can one be? Sorry not lazy, redundant.

This is the same mentality that creates hundreds of website link "apps" to clutter the desktop rather then have it all as bookmarks in a browser.

Makes no sense to me. But enjoy, for those who have to have it.
    Last edited by Houshinto; 06-12-12 at 11:51 AM.
    raymond, Delmeister and mandony like this.
    06-12-12 11:44 AM

I thank OP for making the App shortcut. But really? You're all kvetching about having to open an "Camera" app that represents the hardware then selecting the mode that you want the hardware to do, which would be video camera.

It's literally a swipe and press to switch to vidcam mode (less then 2 secs). How lazy can one be? Sorry not lazy, redundant.

This is the same mentality that creates hundreds of website link "apps" to clutter the desktop rather then have it all as bookmarks in a browser.

The purpose of a mobile device is to make your life easier. Having a video camera icon makes your life easier.

It's free. Like I said, if you don't like it, feel free to make something better for the same price
    06-12-12 12:01 PM
    The purpose of a mobile device is to make your life easier. Having a video camera icon makes your life easier.

It's free. Like I said, if you don't like it, feel free to make something better for the same price
    I don't mean to criticize you efforts at all. My thoughts refer to ideology behind the need for this. That being said it seems that a lot of people share that thinking so that's that. Just trying to add my 2 cents.

And yes mobile devices are suppose to make life easier. But again I just think this is redundant.

Anyways that's my last on the subject. Sorry if I offend!
    06-12-12 12:16 PM
    No offense taken We all use what we think is useful.
    It's an app shortcut for an app that, imo, isn't readily accessible; having an icon is easier too for people like me with clumsy fingers who can't easily get to that little icon to switch from camera to video.
    fbloise likes this.
    06-12-12 12:23 PM

Darn now he has to make a yiddish-English dictionary to translate kvetching (g)
    06-12-12 12:47 PM
    can this app be available in app world?
    deuces2 likes this.
    06-12-12 12:52 PM
    Made my ife easier, good app
    thanks SCrid2000
    06-12-12 02:43 PM
    Darn now he has to make a yiddish-English dictionary to translate kvetching (g)
    Lol, I don't know that there'd be much call for an app like that

can this app be available in app world?
    It's pending approval with RIM.
    06-13-12 02:11 AM
    Awesome and thank you!
    06-17-12 01:45 PM
    I don't mean to criticize you efforts at all. My thoughts refer to ideology behind the need for this. That being said it seems that a lot of people share that thinking so that's that. Just trying to add my 2 cents.

And yes mobile devices are suppose to make life easier. But again I just think this is redundant.

Anyways that's my last on the subject. Sorry if I offend!
    Doing something the hard way just because it's hard doesn't make any sense. Even in nature animals rest more than they are active. There is a reason they call a shovel an i d i o t stick.....
    06-17-12 02:09 PM
    The app is now available in app world - works exactly as described, nothing more, nothing less. Thanks for another useful playbook app.
    Last edited by djenkins6; 06-26-12 at 03:04 AM.
    SCrid2000 likes this.
    06-26-12 02:58 AM
    It got approved yesterday and I published it to App World yesterday afternoon. It took it a little while to be available, but it's available now at the link in the original post. Or, you can easily find it by searching "SCrApps" in App World from your PlayBook.
    06-26-12 12:01 PM
    It got approved yesterday and I published it to App World yesterday afternoon. It took it a little while to be available, but it's available now at the link in the original post. Or, you can easily find it by searching "SCrApps" in App World from your PlayBook.
    Very cool. Thank you.
    06-26-12 12:35 PM
    Cool app mate. So simple, yet usefull
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    06-26-12 06:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD