FourPlay has finally been updated and released in App World.

If you're not seeing it, just swipe up the keyboard, type RST, close out of App World and open it again and it should be there.
    lyricidal and b5m like this.
    06-06-11 09:59 AM
    Tried the RST haven't seen it yet, but does the app actually work now? If so, can't wait for the update!
    06-06-11 11:40 AM
    hard to say right now. When I frist downloaded, it found my location instantly and listed all nearby venues. I just opened it again to confirm your question and it's not finding my location and the leader board seems to be messed up. Not sure whats going on. Going to uninstall and reinstall real quick.

EDIT: Seems to be pretty hit and miss right now. When I opened it the first time, I had no other applications running. But after some trail and error, seems to work best when the compass application is open. Leader board is still off though. Definitely a great update though.

EDIT2: My fault for saying the leaderboard was wrong. I misread how 4sq keeps track, as the leaderboard is only scores from the most recent 7 days. Application works great on that front. Sorry for the confusion.
    Last edited by lonestar1135; 06-06-11 at 10:55 PM.
    06-06-11 11:48 AM
    hard to say right now. When I frist downloaded, it found my location instantly and listed all nearby venues. I just opened it again to confirm your question and it's not finding my location and the leader board seems to be messed up. Not sure whats going on. Going to uninstall and reinstall real quick.

EDIT: Seems to be pretty hit and miss right now. When I opened it the first time, I had no other applications running. But after some trail and error, seems to work best when the compass application is open. Leader board is still off though. Definitely a great update though.
    The update seems to be trickling in for people. I just got my update in app world an hour ago and it was approved about 5am Pacific time, doing the reset method didnt work until just now.

As for the GPS, there is nothing more that the app can do to appropriately get GPS lock, the code is right. We have had QNX developers at RIM review the GPS code just to make sure that is was appropriately implemented and they indicated that we were correct and that it was an issue on their side with the AIR implementation. That is why we added the "enter location" feature so that even if it doesnt find you or its slow, you can get your location immediately.

What do you mean by leaderboard being off? The scores or the display?
    lyricidal likes this.
    06-06-11 02:54 PM
    The update seems to be trickling in for people. I just got my update in app world an hour ago and it was approved about 5am Pacific time, doing the reset method didnt work until just now.

As for the GPS, there is nothing more that the app can do to appropriately get GPS lock, the code is right. We have had QNX developers at RIM review the GPS code just to make sure that is was appropriately implemented and they indicated that we were correct and that it was an issue on their side with the AIR implementation. That is why we added the "enter location" feature so that even if it doesnt find you or its slow, you can get your location immediately.

What do you mean by leaderboard being off? The scores or the display?
    Ok that's great news, thanks. It's been a welcome update and the enter location part is nice.

I apologize for the leaderboard thing. As I dug deeper into the 4sq website and bb application to double check, I saw it's only the last 7 days that the leaderboard is updated with. Forgot to edit my post after I found out. Thanks for the response and for the application.
    06-06-11 10:54 PM
    The new app looks great.. The RST finally worked for me about a minute ago!

However it doesn't show how many days you are behind the mayor?
    06-06-11 11:46 PM
    Ok that's great news, thanks. It's been a welcome update and the enter location part is nice.

I apologize for the leaderboard thing. As I dug deeper into the 4sq website and bb application to double check, I saw it's only the last 7 days that the leaderboard is updated with. Forgot to edit my post after I found out. Thanks for the response and for the application.
    not a problem at all, we appreciate the feedback. we have had virtually zero support emails so aside from the few dozen reviews its good to hear things from the users... especially if something may be broken haha
    06-07-11 12:42 AM
    The new app looks great.. The RST finally worked for me about a minute ago!

However it doesn't show how many days you are behind the mayor?
    youre right and i didnt even think about that one. ill make sure to get it into the next update
    06-07-11 12:44 AM
    Anyone still having trouble with the gps functions. fourplay never finds my location
    06-07-11 08:52 AM
    Of course. Great application, and implementation of the mayorship part and RIM getting their ish together with GPS, it's going to be that much greater.

As for Foreverup: It's a RIM problem as stated above. A few workarounds are downloading the free compas app and having that run in the background. Usually makes it easier to find your location. Also use the tools the Application provides and just input your location. It's a pain, but something we have to deal with for now. Hope this helps.
    06-08-11 12:06 AM
    hello, i guess i'm the first who will report a problem with the fourplay app. i can't install the app in my playbook. according to app world, it is not supported by my current device profile. my pb software is updated. is there a problem if my pb is 16gb only? any solutions to this? thank you.
    07-24-11 02:57 PM
    There shouldnt be any issues, I'll check with app world to make sure but I just installed it from an updated PlayBook.
    07-25-11 01:31 PM
    youre right and i didnt even think about that one. ill make sure to get it into the next update
    So when do you think that update is actually coming? it's been months since you said you'd add it and it still doesn't tell you how many days until you are Mayor. It's kind of the first thing people kwant to know when they check in....
    11-20-11 03:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD