Just for share. Search FFSync on appworld. I know you will be happy you all firefox users!

It's an app that enables to open bookmarks of your Firefox on Playbook Browser app.(It doesn't actually sync to Browser's bookmark.)
    taylor96 likes this.
    12-30-11 11:32 PM
    Is it also useful for us who use Xmarks, nor Firefox Sync?
    12-31-11 03:03 AM
    Is it also useful for us who use Xmarks, nor Firefox Sync?
    I think it is only for Firefox Sync. You need the Sync key of the Firefox sync.
    12-31-11 08:12 PM
    I use Xmarks in FireFox to export all my hundreds of bookmarks to an html file, then copy the html file to my PlayBook, open it in the PlayBook browser then safe that html file as a bookmark. Lastly I set the file to be the default start page and I have all my bookmarks on one page.

Mike
    12-31-11 09:49 PM
    I use Xmarks in FireFox to export all my hundreds of bookmarks to an html file, then copy the html file to my PlayBook, open it in the PlayBook browser then safe that html file as a bookmark. Lastly I set the file to be the default start page and I have all my bookmarks on one page.

Mike
    Great idea! This is all I need - thanks!
    01-01-12 03:53 AM
    Just downloaded this app today FFSync installed it and it works great for my Laptop to BBPB Bookmarks.. its a life saver for me.. Probably some will find fault but to me its a +++
    app...
    futballaholic likes this.
    03-02-12 05:29 PM
    Just what I was looking from for since FF does not support BB phones nor PB nice thank U
    futballaholic likes this.
    03-02-12 08:55 PM
    I am an Opera user and I have been hoping for Opera on the PB but just realized I can log into myOpera portal and use get my speed dial, favorites and notes so I saved Opera speed dial as a homescreen shortcut. Now I don’t miss Opera so much.
    lwaysluking likes this.
    03-02-12 09:07 PM

Mike
    This is a very helpful tip, thanks!

Now if we can get an ad-blocker...
    03-15-12 08:52 PM
    Just found this app. Love it. I have all my Firefox bookmarks plus those I imported from IE to FF. best thing is having all my folders and sub folders.
    07-30-12 11:11 PM
    I had tried this app a few months ago. It's ok, but the problem i experienced is that apparently Firefox does not keep re-syncing your bookmarks unless you have 2 or more computers with Firefox set up for sync.

When i first ran FFSync it was nice and all. But then I started noticing my bookmarks weren't getting updated as i made changes from my single installation of Firefox.

I think Mike's idea about the bookmark.html was good.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by terminatorx; 07-30-12 at 11:20 PM.
    07-30-12 11:18 PM
    I'm having trouble setting it up. What is the Passphrase? My Firefox Sync account doesn't require one so I don't have one.
    07-31-12 02:50 PM
    I'm having trouble setting it up. What is the Passphrase? My Firefox Sync account doesn't require one so I don't have one.
    It was really confusing at first, but i think ffsync is looking for your recovery key not passphrase. Under tools-options-sync tab-manage account - my recovery key.

Enter that under 'passphrase' and it should log you in.
    07-31-12 10:54 PM
    only bookmarks organized into folders are showing up. is this happending to anyone else?

Edit
    Found my other bookmarks. It was grouped in a folder called 'bookmarks menu' folder in the ffsync app
    Last edited by k__dam; 08-01-12 at 08:32 PM.
    07-31-12 10:56 PM
    It was really confusing at first, but i think ffsync is looking for your recovery key not passphrase. Under tools-options-sync tab-manage account - my recovery key.

Enter that under 'passphrase' and it should log you in.
    Still no good. Anyone else got a clue here?
    08-01-12 02:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD