I wanted to share with everyone this amazing app.
    This app is almost like photoshop for pc and mac, and its only 4.99 in ur playbooks!
    It can do all things u want it to do, crop, resize, edit and lots of other stuff, really really good app, and much better for that awesome prize!
    03-24-12 02:06 PM
    some nice screenshots would be great show us it on the playbook
    03-24-12 02:55 PM
    U got the screens in app world, tho i can take a few later on if u want me to
    03-24-12 03:37 PM
    its cool i finaly got my playbook of my girl friend lol never lets me use it looks a good app thanks for letting us know
    03-24-12 04:12 PM
    Just bought it and it looks very promising, except I can't get it to open an image! Clicking "open" does nothing. Any ideas?
    04-28-12 10:05 AM
    I just bought the app and I noticed that it don't work offline. I went to App World again and I check the description.
    The app is just a link to Photo editor online / free image editing direct in your browser - Pixlr.com nothing more nothing less. If you try to open it in a browser you will see it's the exact same app.

I read from Pixlr Terms of Service and I quote :

"Intellectual Property Rights

Software: You acknowledge and agree that the Service and any related software used in connection with the Service (including without limitation Pixlr Grabber, collectively, Software) contain proprietary and confidential information that is protected by applicable intellectual property and other laws. Except as expressly authorized by Pixlr, you agree not to modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute or create derivative works based on the Service or the Software, in whole or in part."

This guys are stealing someone else Intellectual property
    07-11-12 02:50 PM
    Ya.. I downloaded it awhile ago and then realized afterwards it was just basically a link to Pixlr.com. I was pretty pissed - this guy is ripping people off.
    07-11-12 04:50 PM
    Ask for a refund:

appworldbilling@rim.com
    bastospn likes this.
    07-11-12 06:01 PM
    I really don't know how such a thing is possible. How could RIM approve this insanity?

I already notice that a few apps in App World are just copy&paste but this is beyond copy&past, this guys just create a app with a link to an URL and are selling it as a great app. Sadly this is someone else work.

I just send an e-mail to RIM reporting the situation. I really hope they do something about it.
    07-12-12 10:18 AM
    RIM promptly offer me a refund, but the app remains in the AppWorld.
    07-13-12 02:26 AM
    There is also another app using pixlr, it's Pixlr Editor, https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...10312/?lang=en

Both mention this origin in their description btw; I had contacted them to check whether theirs were offline (for which I definitely would have paid); both answered this is for the next release apparently. In his reply the guy from Pixlr editor told me his $1 app was mainly to support pixlr and that if I didn't want I could just use the web app as well.

Both also feature a simplified version of Pixlr, dedicated to tablets with a more efficient UI but less functions.

But I have one question for those who bought the complete versions: does the Curves tool work better than in the online version?

Because the online does work when run on a PC or mac, but when on the PB there is a terrible lag to actually reshape the curve, which to me renders it almost unusable. I tried on two browser, with all other apps quit, etc. but nothing to do.

From within the bought application is it any better?

TIA!
    Herv
    07-13-12 05:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD