I have Tapatalk installed on my 9930 and it's great for viewing various forums..

I've heard different things about Tapatalk for Playbook (doesn't exist, doesn't work properly, etc)..maybe what I've heard/read is wrong..

What's my best bet for a Forums App on the Playbook?
    04-28-12 11:39 AM
    Tapatalk, �3.00 in App World
    04-28-12 11:58 AM
    the browser
    04-28-12 11:59 AM
    the browser
    I've been using the browser on wifi and it has been pretty smooth/efficient..

However, I thought that, when out and about and using my BBs data over Bridge, it might be better to have an app dedicated to forum use as the 3G would be used to load text rather than images/advertisements/flash, etc. Just my opinion, though..

Was really asking, I guess, to see if Tapatalk is my best bet or if there is a better option?
    04-28-12 12:15 PM
    Try using the mobile view of sites, for example m.crackberry.com.

Some of the forum sites also have mobile specific themes you can choose, usually from the main forum page.
    Rwil85 likes this.
    04-28-12 12:21 PM
    Try using the mobile view of sites, for example m.crackberry.com.

Some of the forum sites also have mobile specific themes you can choose, usually from the main forum page.
    Being as tech-savvy as I am, I shouldve thought of that on my own..haha, thanks..
    04-28-12 12:33 PM
    I have Tapatalk installed on my 9930 and it's great for viewing various forums..

I've heard different things about Tapatalk for Playbook (doesn't exist, doesn't work properly, etc)..maybe what I've heard/read is wrong..

What's my best bet for a Forums App on the Playbook?
    Tapatalk works just flne on my PB! Works well when I am bridged also!

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    04-28-12 07:11 PM
    Tapatalk works just flne on my PB! Works well when I am bridged also!

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info - that's good news..

One question I do have (I just got my Playbook) is..how do I know whether or not when I download an app whether it is an app specifically designed for Blackberry or an Android app being sideloaded and run on my BB?

Reason I ask is that when playing with the Air Browser app the other night on the PB to check out the file system..I noticed that there were some Android Icons floating around and I hadn't dl'ed them..
    04-28-12 08:44 PM
    I tried tapatalk it worked very poorly for me, I tried the mobile version for a couple of days but missed the extra functionality of the full website. This is another example of apps being inferior to the full website.
    04-28-12 09:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD