Hmm, I've tried such a craft a long time ago. It's good for about 350cm. Box with 4 rockets.

No way it'll do 3500cm, it just doesn't have the thrust!

I'm not saying my craft is the slickest but it uses all 5 rockets and 3 soda cans with optimal thrust and can only make 2099cm.

I'm curious if you've found a bug. It's gonna take a good 30 secs of flight to get to 3500cm, are you finding after firing 4 rockets you get above first cloud and bang you hit 3500cm almost instantly?

I'm happy to be proven wrong though. If anyone can get that model you've posted flying 3000+ cm I'll be amazed! And I'll expect a screen cap at 3000cm still in flight clearly showing this magic flying coffin lol
    12-14-12 06:23 PM
    With proper "jump" angle this kind of craft goes way beyond 350cm. It's not a bug; I can clearly see the whole flight numbers. Screenshot later today.

Point is not to compete with flight numbers, it's kinda nonsense(at least for me, I stopped playing games long time ago). It's just interesting to see what simple changes in position and rotation can do. This game is far more interesting than the standard bestsellers (angry birds, cut the rope etc). No two sequences are the same and never will be the same.
    12-15-12 03:00 AM
    Well I solute you then. 3500cm to me with 4 rockets is impossible. The fact you've managed it and no one is close is mighty impressive.

I've played this game a lot and my best calculation based on lift vs thrust put it slightly beyond what I'm currently getting. But then your nearly double that, so well done.
    Last edited by SonySandy; 12-17-12 at 04:16 AM. Reason: replaced might with mighty
    12-15-12 04:33 AM
    Haha, unbelievable!!! Great job

Projectile motion over/above the cloud that is directly above the platform. It's a very tricky if you go under it, either you'll hit first cloud group on 100+cm or you'll crash somewhere between 150-1900cm.

My super flight is shown on this pic. Max limit is around 3800 without wall.
    Attachment 128325
    12-15-12 04:42 AM
    12-15-12 05:26 AM
    Well I wouldn't believe it if I hadn't seem it with my own eyes.

Still no idea how you get sufficient thrust for altitude and speed for more than 2000ish cm. especially with only 4 rockets.
    12-15-12 09:46 AM
    You have Dev Alpha B ? We can swap, PB for Dev Alpha B
    12-15-12 10:15 AM
    I've been trailing your craft design, can't get it over 500ish cm. No problem getting altitude but you then don't have sufficient thrust for a long run. Just doesn't make sense.

When did you update your PB?

Only asking because I think the current fly craft version feels a little slower than last version. Can't really explain in, I'm now starting to think maybe my version of the game might be a little buggy. Lol not just making excuses.

On that note has anyone noticed when you go back to edit screen after a flight mine jumps about a lot and sometimes gets screen tearing. No one else seems to have mentioned it which is what's making me think it maybe didn't install quite perfect.

Question is, if I uninstall do I have to pay again to install it? I know with Android/IOS you can download again free as you've already paid.
    12-15-12 01:11 PM
    The whole screen jumps if "positioning tutor" (or whatever it's called) is enabled in settings. And yes current version seems little buggy, screen flickering when going from 3000+cm back to the landing pad or replaying your flight. But generally it's ok, crashed only once due to very low memory.

And yep, you all to be at the top
    12-15-12 02:18 PM
    @SonySandy,

You don't have to pay, to reinstall an app. You just find it in uninstalled list.
    12-15-12 04:02 PM
    Lol I'm officially a dinosaur! Bumped down to 3rd. Won't be long until I slip further down.

I had a loo at borceg design, I tried the actual design and its pretty easy to copy and fly, but I just can't get it beyond 300-ish cm. I build a variation which is good for about 900, but with 4 rockets its not got enough thrust.

Went back to my original design and increased my distance by 10cm, but its done at that. Need to have a real rethink. Probably down development got a couple of days, try to forget old design, I think it's holding me back.
    12-15-12 04:53 PM
    Well that it ripped and reinstalled!

Be a while until I'm fighting at the front again. Starting with nothing, 1 rocket, 1 soda can and a prop lol! 115cm here I come lol
    12-15-12 05:27 PM
    My game spontaneously reset itself so I had to start over as well. I tried his design and could not even reach 1000 with a near perfect flight, it simply needs more thrust. I feel I can do 2100s max with just rockets but it takes all 5 still.
    12-15-12 07:57 PM
    Well I'm back up to my 2100cm distance. Absolutely no chance my i'll get further.

Tried borcegs craft again, he's done really well to get it to fly so "far", although I think far is a stretch, I think there is an altitude bug that is giving big distance when it's actually measuring height. Can't currently prove it though, just a hypothesis based on a few things roughly.

1. Borcegs craft has next to no lateral thrust.

2. When gaining altitude at big heights I think the game is giving 100cm for every second of flight so long as you have a little lateral thust. Meaning you just have to stay in the air for as long as possible.

3. After 1000-ish cm there are no more big clouds, but borceg is Landing on a big one (when he says he's hitting a wall). But the pics don't show any bounce back as if he's hit a wall.

4. If you hit a cloud Herbie can continue his flight at a greatly depleted speed but he still gains 100cm a sec until a part of the craft hits the ground.

Think the game developer will need to check the game design and report back.

Doesn't take anything away from Borcegs achievement! His record is going to stand for a long time I think, probably longer than my last one lasted.
    12-16-12 04:54 AM
    1. Projectile motion

2. Wrong, projectile motion again

3. Wrong, very nasty cloud on 1440-1500, and there is a wall. Why I can't go more than 3459.3cm ? Craft can, but it bounces back(yep not shown on pictures)

4. True, but not always. Even if you hit cloud, your craft "will" stay complete(not shaken on 100 pieces, but now always, 1-5 out of 10 tries maybe)
    12-16-12 05:45 AM
    1. Projectile motion

2. Wrong, projectile motion again

3. Wrong, very nasty cloud on 1440-1500, and there is a wall. Why I can't go more than 3459.3cm ? Craft can, but it bounces back(yep not shown on pictures)

4. True, but not always. Even if you hit cloud, your craft "will" stay complete(not shaken on 100 pieces, but now always, 1-5 out of 10 tries maybe)
    You are right for both 1 and 2.

Yes there are clouds after 1000cm, and there is a wall at 3475.75cm... You should have seen my face when I realized the fact that you reached it so soon... <crazy>! My respect!

Clouds increase the aerodynamic drag. Depending on the speed you are moving these forces can sometimes break weak components off the craft...
    12-16-12 11:21 AM
    Want new update; 10-20k limit, bonus rocket for each flight bigger than 1k, and one explanation about the plane tail - what does it do ?
    12-16-12 12:01 PM
    We are working on it... You will even get on/off rockets! The tail is a wing that you can change it's angle, for doing some weird acrobatics

There is one scientifically proven way to speed up the new update creation... like FlyCraft's facebook page! http://www.facebook.com/flycraftgame We need your help to spread the word for this game! Thanks!!
    Rjinswand likes this.
    12-16-12 12:10 PM
    Been testing more and I still can't see how it can travel more than 5-600cm. It's too heavy for its construction. I've recorded a flight with borcegs design, maybe he can point out where I've gone wrong. I've also build and tested a streamlined version of his craft and even that only flies a bit further.

In the process if rebuilding my old wall smasher from a pic I took. Once I've got it to its max distance I'll record it too and post the whole lot up here for comments.
    12-16-12 06:34 PM
    SonySandy likes this.
    12-17-12 01:45 AM

Love it!

Could have let the old boy get his coat first haha!

Borceg any chance you can post some pics of the first part of the flight, you start at around 1500cm. Would be interesting to see your launch angle, as my current craft takes a pretty similar angle to pics you've show and thats with 5 rockets and 3 soda cans. I travel up to 1000cm and its still dark, but after that point it begins to drop, meaning 2000-ish cm max for me.

Your craft must still be climbing at near 2000cm, which is amazing.

Harkal, could you impliment a vapour trail for rockets that runs for entire run? I notice you get a vapour trail for a few seconds after burn which proves you've still got upwards/forwards motion but when that burns out your craft is a little lost as to trajectory.
    12-17-12 04:26 AM
    I'll try to do my best later (screen-shot taking is damn difficult with semi-working buttons)
    12-17-12 06:09 AM
    I'll try to do my best later (screen-shot taking is damn difficult with semi-working buttons)
    Hey, Borceg! Thanks for being one of the few to post a pic of your design! I'm no where near your score, but your design has let me beat my previous score, and renewed my interest in the game. I guess that makes you a hero, or currently the best in the galaxy.
    12-17-12 06:41 AM
    I've taken full advantage of the replay button, if you've got a phone record a clip if you like and post that. I'm going to attempt to post up some clips later today.
    12-17-12 07:33 AM
    Ok Borceg... I have to ask you flat out. Are you using more than 5 rockets?

While playing on Friday, a "glitch" somehow gave me an extra can of soda, so 4 in total. The app had reset on me, so I was in the process of rebuilding my craft from scratch when the glitch happened (the extra can is NOT how i'm getting 2200 currently). The app later crashed on me, and when I came back the extra can of soda was gone, and I was back to 3.

So i'm just wondering if you had luckily gained an extra rocket somehow. I honestly can't for the life of me fathom how I'm doing 2200cm, and yet you've left me and everyone else in the dust... BY A LONG SHOT!

On an unrelated note, I was so pissed when the game suddenly reset on me, but it turned out to be a blessing in disguise, as it forced me to re-craft my "craft" differently (to experiment), and I ended up getting a much better craft out of it! But it better not happen again!!

TornadoChaser
    12-17-12 09:49 AM
275 ... 7891011