I've been taking the opportunity to built/test variations on my craft and I've now got a more stable craft, still got a complicated launch sequence but I think it'll be a range smasher.

It hits the wall so hard/fast and so high that it actually ends up a lower range than my previous craft (due to bounce back), but once the wall is moved i'll be amazed if I'm not still competitive even if there are new rockets available to everyone without me using them.

Roll on the next update!

Check this out for altitude (blurred my craft because its top secret).

FlyCraft game - exclusive game for PB (from the developers who broght us Pop Corny)-air_20121118_00000.jpg
    Last edited by SonySandy; 11-18-12 at 03:06 PM.
    11-18-12 02:53 PM
    Craft looks real small. Hmm not more than 3 or 4 planks.
    11-18-12 05:08 PM
    I got new craft which makes almost 1900 but sadly, game crashes/freezes every time when it hits the wall at some specific height. I need to restart my pb
    11-19-12 02:32 AM
    I got new craft which makes almost 1900 but sadly, game crashes/freezes every time when it hits the wall at some specific height. I need to restart my pb

Wow! You must really be high then! Yes I hit the wall but it doesn't crash the game. What OS version you on? Latest one is fine with the game.

Looks like it'll be a really big fight for number 1 when the next update is released! Gonna be lots of fun!
    11-19-12 02:55 AM
    Craft looks real small. Hmm not more than 3 or 4 planks.
    It's not about how much screen you take up, but how you lay your raw materials lol

Plus, if you go really fast the game zooms out. I can say I was travelling very fast, which you have to do to get massive altitude! So it might appear my craft is smaller than it really is,
    11-19-12 02:59 AM
    2.1.1032 and game is 1.1.3. Previous version was more stable. In latest, for example I make some random whatever craft that makes lets say 200-300, starting vertically by 60 degrees. At some height (last one was at 55), craft freezes, centimeters increase/decrease rapidly, music plays normally but game doesn't accept any touch input. Sometimes it doesn't respond to swipe up gesture so I must restart my pb. Or my craft successfully passes first and second cloud group (at 120 and 300+) and freezes at 400+-
    11-19-12 03:23 AM
    2.1.1032 and game is 1.1.3. Previous version was more stable. In latest, for example I make some random whatever craft that makes lets say 200-300, starting vertically by 60 degrees. At some height (last one was at 55), craft freezes, centimeters increase/decrease rapidly, music plays normally but game doesn't accept any touch input. Sometimes it doesn't respond to swipe up gesture so I must restart my pb. Or my craft successfully passes first and second cloud group (at 120 and 300+) and freezes at 400+-
    I occasionally had that problem with 1.1.2, my playbook is on 1088 and no such problems with 1.1.3.

So why not try updating your PB OS?

I'm looking forward to the challenge of holding onto 1st place, don't think I'll succeed.
    11-19-12 04:56 AM
    I don't want to update to 1088, waiting for better update
    11-19-12 05:03 AM
    Not sure I know what you mean. Its not like this update breaks anything.

BB10 is probably some time away, and besides if 1088 means flycraft works fine you can't really grumble about it not working if you refuse to update?

Just been tinkering in Flycraft and managed 1550cm with 5 rockets, never used my soda cans lol. Been trying in vein to travel a few more tenths of a cm, but no joy. If there is any more distance to the wall I just can't do it. I see the next best player is only 1 tenth behind me, and there is a whole raft of players improving.
    11-19-12 05:33 AM
    I'm not saying "it doesn't work" but 1.1.2 was working better for me on 2.1.0.1032. However, the game is awesome. Not only for breaking flight records, but the physics that it offers is quite amazing. No two flights, crafts, firing sequences, launching position or components are same, every run you get something new that you're "proud" of
    11-19-12 08:54 AM
    Not sure I know what you mean. Its not like this update breaks anything.

BB10 is probably some time away, and besides if 1088 means flycraft works fine you can't really grumble about it not working if you refuse to update?

Just been tinkering in Flycraft and managed 1550cm with 5 rockets, never used my soda cans lol. Been trying in vein to travel a few more tenths of a cm, but no joy. If there is any more distance to the wall I just can't do it. I see the next best player is only 1 tenth behind me, and there is a whole raft of players improving.
    Do you ever use the wings and propellers? For propellers I can't figure out which direction actually helps :S
    11-19-12 09:00 AM
    I, for one, cannot WAIT until the wall is removed. I too have been crashing into the wall so high up, the ground is not even on the screen, although the trees are present, so i'm not THAT high.

Definitely looking forward to seeing who comes out on top once the update comes out.

TornadoChaser

I've been taking the opportunity to built/test variations on my craft and I've now got a more stable craft, still got a complicated launch sequence but I think it'll be a range smasher.

It hits the wall so hard/fast and so high that it actually ends up a lower range than my previous craft (due to bounce back), but once the wall is moved i'll be amazed if I'm not still competitive even if there are new rockets available to everyone without me using them.

Roll on the next update!

Check this out for altitude (blurred my craft because its top secret).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AIR_20121118_00000.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	11.0 KB 
ID:	125858
    11-19-12 09:11 AM
    Yeah I use wings, not the tail though, Well not so far anyway.

I've used the props, they can be used to boost speed or adjust pitch of your craft, but I find they add a lot of weight and only run slightly longer than the rockets.
    11-19-12 09:30 AM
    Do you hear Jeopardy music? I hope the developer can "push out the wall" in a quick update fairly soon. I'm getting bored trying to match or top SonySandy's corner landing.
    11-21-12 12:33 PM
    I'm a bit curious, what we can do with unlimited number of rockets and no space/length/height limitation ? Space travel hahahahahh
    11-21-12 01:21 PM
    Oh crap; I just loaded up the game and it somehow reset! I lost all my stuff!!
    11-22-12 09:42 AM
    Oh crap; I just loaded up the game and it somehow reset! I lost all my stuff!!
    Same thing happened to me. Breaking the 18cm mark with 1 soda can is damn tough
    11-22-12 01:36 PM
    Same thing happened to me. Breaking the 18cm mark with 1 soda can is damn tough
    It feels impossible now. I got over 700cm and now I can't even get 14cm. This is gonna be tough.
    11-22-12 07:57 PM
    Yeah, same I was on 760cm before.

Are you on ver1.1.2 or ver1.1.3?
    11-22-12 08:29 PM
    Yeah, same I was on 760cm before.

Are you on ver1.1.2 or ver1.1.3?
    I'm on the latest. I just got up to 160cm. Need moar rockets!
    11-22-12 09:18 PM
    Obviously without giving away an master secrets is there any chance someone could post a guide to best practice? My best score is 300+ which I did a few weeks ago but couldn't tell you how. Since then I've rebuilt, tweaked, added, taken away, and can't get anything like that distance. Not being able to save designs and try something new is a frustration but to be honest, the lack of any instructions for pieces in the game has led to trial and error and then effectively giving up which is a shame as I really enjoyed playing it. When you're just bolting stuff together and one goes 100+ and the next goes 30+ and you have no idea why one is so much better than the rest it's hard to improve or plan a new machine. 1700+ just seems completely impossible at this stage. This 'wall' is the equivalent of 'here there be dragons' on an old sea chart for me.
    KidCaboose likes this.
    11-23-12 04:58 AM
    Obviously without giving away an master secrets is there any chance someone could post a guide to best practice? My best score is 300+ which I did a few weeks ago but couldn't tell you how. Since then I've rebuilt, tweaked, added, taken away, and can't get anything like that distance. Not being able to save designs and try something new is a frustration but to be honest, the lack of any instructions for pieces in the game has led to trial and error and then effectively giving up which is a shame as I really enjoyed playing it. When you're just bolting stuff together and one goes 100+ and the next goes 30+ and you have no idea why one is so much better than the rest it's hard to improve or plan a new machine. 1700+ just seems completely impossible at this stage. This 'wall' is the equivalent of 'here there be dragons' on an old sea chart for me.
    Lose the wheels. Take off like a harrier jet. Keep the design simplistic and avoid the clouds.

Try different timings for your rockets and soda cans. Often you might think the craft is bad but its usually just you not pressing the rockets in the correct order or the correct timing.
    JimiDiGriz likes this.
    11-23-12 05:16 AM
    Yes mine seems to have reset on twice now. I thought it was my son reset it but it has happened now when he has not played it. That's just plain bad on a game that requires you to put in some time to build up your tool box and no way to save successful designs. Time for an update. Love the game - hate starting over.
    11-23-12 08:11 AM
    Lose the wheels. Take off like a harrier jet. Keep the design simplistic and avoid the clouds.

Try different timings for your rockets and soda cans. Often you might think the craft is bad but its usually just you not pressing the rockets in the correct order or the correct timing.
    SSSHHHHHH!!!!!!

Just kidding, of course. Competition is good!
    11-23-12 09:14 AM
    My game crashes alot, and drains my battery and makes me start over and really frustrates me because I can't get past 760cm mark...but I STILL LOVE IT.
    11-23-12 03:59 PM
275 ... 45678 ...