Flip Shush for PlayBook(and BlackBerry 10)

Get Flip Shush now at App World

• When Flip Shush is running and your PlayBook is not in "Standby" mode, simply flip your playbook to mute the system volume
    • *Note: For best results you must enable "Showcase" mode in "Settings...General...Application Behavior" and ensure Flip Shush is running, otherwise Flip Shush must be the currently focused app.
    erhan8 likes this.
    05-26-12 08:40 PM
    I appreciate your effort, but clicking & holding the play/pause button for 3 seconds will mute the playbook. Why would someone go through the hassle of launching an app to mute? Am I missing something.
    05-26-12 09:48 PM
    So you have to have this app open at all times, with the playbook in showcase mode in order for it to be functional?
    McSnoo likes this.
    05-26-12 10:06 PM
    I gave it a go. For the .99 it cost, it's not going to break the bank and it works as claimed. I listen to music on my playbook in the office all the time. I can see this as an easy way to silence music when I have staff pop in to see me, which happens a fair bit throughout the day. I also bought the walk and type in order to give it a try. Might come in handy as I walk from meeting to meeting. I'm one for encouraging developers to keep developing for PlayBook, so instead of dissing their apps I'll try them and provide feedback for future improvements.
    FF22 and jamespaulmuir like this.
    05-27-12 12:21 AM
    Good idea for an app. I see how it could be useful for many users. The op could be promoting a fart app or some sex book for 7.99. Its apps like this that inspire others to develop for BlackBerry. Lets support them.
    kozmo68 and jamespaulmuir like this.
    05-27-12 12:38 AM
    I hope we'll be able to have this app as a background service when bb10 comes...
    FF22 and jamespaulmuir like this.
    05-27-12 02:11 AM
    Thanks so much everyone for the support!

I hope we'll be able to have this app as a background service when bb10 comes...
    Yep that's the plan! I can't wait to provide this as a background service. The current way the app works is just temporary until bb10 background services become available.
    kozmo68 likes this.
    05-27-12 09:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD