Thanks dev.
    05-30-12 07:40 PM
    for the lazy
    here is the app the OP is speaking of

Free FlightAware Flight Tracker - Download FlightAware Flight Tracker - Free Apps from BlackBerry App World
    05-30-12 07:43 PM
    It seems to work really good on the Playbook. Uses the gps for location to bring up nearby activity. Logged into my Flightaware account no problem.
    05-30-12 11:30 PM
    Unfortunately, it doesn't work on my Playbook. I just get a black screen and I see one other reviewer had the same problem. I love it on my Torch but clearly there are still some bugs in the PB version. I just hope they fix them soon. If anyone finds a solution in the meantime please post. I have already tried uninstalling, doing a three button reset and reinstalling without success.

The Flightaware service is really cool and I have used the website on my PB with some success. It's cool when while sitting in my backyard on the Canadian prairie I look up to spy a very large jet with 4 vapour trails and log into Fightaware to be find out I'm looking at an Airbus A380 enroute from London to LAX. This is why a working PB app would be ideal for backyard jet watching.
    05-31-12 12:37 AM
    Works great for me as well. Not sure why it's not working for some. Have you tried restarting your PB?
    05-31-12 01:09 AM
    Will this work in the UK or is it for the USA only
    05-31-12 08:09 AM
    When I follow that link on my PlayBook, I get a message saying that this app will not work with my device profile.

Cheers, Chris
    05-31-12 09:04 AM
    Is it an Android or native app?
    05-31-12 09:42 AM
    Is it an Android or native app?
    Native APP as far as I can tell.
    05-31-12 09:44 AM
    This sounds like a cool app for backyard fun!
    But alas, I'm also see the blank screen on initial load... :-(
    05-31-12 10:20 AM
    I just use the website. FlightAware > Live Flight Tracker or this mobile site from FlightView FlightView - Mobile Flight Tracker - By Flight
    05-31-12 10:24 AM
    When I follow that link on my PlayBook, I get a message saying that this app will not work with my device profile.

Cheers, Chris
    Same message here too
    05-31-12 09:16 PM
    Change that. Went to app world and did a search for flight aware. That took me to one I could download
    05-31-12 10:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD