I have had my Playbook (just upgraded to OS 2.0) for a week or so now, but have not found a decent Flickr app that will allow me to view full screen photos, post comments (I have a Flickr Pro account) and favourite photos.
    My iPad has many applications for Flickr (just purchased one called Flickr Explore - at least I think that is what it is called as I don't have access to my iPad at the moment as it is having a technical issue!).
    Does anyone know of any applications that would fit my needs? I have searched the app store and the ones that I have found are a bit ummm...amateurish (E.g don't have full screen capability or the ability to login to your pro account etc).
    I see there are many on the Android Marketplace and one availabe in that spreadsheet that lists apps that can be sideloaded.
    I guess I already know the answer to what I am asking and that is that I will just have to wait and see once the apps that have been submitted to the app store have been approved etc.
    Just a shame if I have to use my iPad for the functionality I am after.
    02-22-12 03:02 AM
    There is a Android Flickr App, converted into a playbook bar for side loading
    Flickr_1.0.bar

but its not for use in landscape mode...

I hope this helps
    02-22-12 03:25 AM
    Can you not just use the browser?
    02-22-12 03:27 AM
    Flickr_1.0.bar

I hope this helps
    Thanks for the reply. I will check that one out.
    02-22-12 04:59 AM
    Can you not just use the browser?
    Thanks for the reply. I could use the browser but the great thing about the apps for the iPad are that it is a bit more seamless and easier to view a slideshow and add a favourite with one click etc.

On the grand scheme of things, it is not that hard to use the web browser, it is just that it is faster and easier with an app.
    02-22-12 05:02 AM
    Magellan Compass has Flickr.
    02-22-12 07:22 AM
    Flickr_1.0.bar
    I hope this helps
    I sideloaded this today, and I'm having a problem with it, when I go to sign into flickr it keeps telling me there's no network connection. I'm connected to my wireless router and other apps are fine. Has anyone else seen this problem? I would like to have something sort of seamless for Flickr because of a trip we're planning later this year.
    02-23-12 05:52 PM
    Try the one available from GoodEreader. I loaded it up a while ago with a few others - the list has been updated since then! - and there are no apparent issues. The apps load and work as expected.
    02-24-12 12:50 AM
    Try the one available from GoodEreader. I loaded it up a while ago with a few others - the list has been updated since then! - and there are no apparent issues. The apps load and work as expected.
    Actually that is the one I've sideloaded. I will try it again now that the PB has been turned off and back on.

Edited later to state that it works fine. I think sometimes you have to restart the system to complete the install. It works fine.
    Last edited by fotyc; 02-24-12 at 01:55 PM.
    02-24-12 06:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD