Hey all,

Just announcing the availability of a new app I made, Flickr Sync. Here's the description and link:

The BlackBerry PlayBook is an ideal device for sharing your photos with family and friends. The bright, high resolution display makes your photos pop, whether you're sitting on a couch together, or using the app named 'Slideshow', which allows you to share your photos in real time with other BlackBerry PlayBook users.

But you can only share your photos if you have them on your BlackBerry PlayBook, and if you're like me, you often don't. This app will allow you to wirelessly keep your BlackBerry PlayBook up-to-date with photos.

NOTE: This application does not upload photos to Flickr.

Buy Flickr Sync - Download Flickr Sync - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World

See also:

Picasa Sync: Buy Picasa Sync - Download Picasa Sync - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World
    SmugMug Sync: Buy Smug Sync - Download Smug Sync - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World
    11-21-11 09:02 AM
    i'm still holding out for a kick-*** flickr app that now only allows me to see and share my photos but also browse and explore flickr with the ability to add to favourites/comment/etc.

not sure how open flickr have made themselves to allow developers to create flickr apps.
    Flickr has made themselves very open... there are already PlayBook apps to explore Flickr, and I think I did see one that allows you to add comments, etc.
    11-21-11 08:48 PM
    Works as advertised and for the price, just fine but I do wish it had a few more options. I have 6+ years of photos and over 200 sets in flickr, I wish I could could select which sets to sync instead of just all of them.
    danielbigham likes this.
    11-22-11 12:15 AM
    Works as advertised and for the price, just fine but I do wish it had a few more options. I have 6+ years of photos and over 200 sets in flickr, I wish I could could select which sets to sync instead of just all of them.
    Thanks! Yes, my Picasa Sync program has garnered a lot of the same comment: The app would be more useful if you could also select which albums to download. Adding that feature really wouldn't be very hard, perhaps another hour and a half of development, so I should do that. With that feature, would the app be worth $1.99, or would it better to keep the price at $0.99?
    11-22-11 08:16 AM
    Feature wise I don't think it justifies doubling the price but on the other hand I also think a buck one way or the other hardly makes a difference. My gut says you'll sell more than 2x of these at 99 than you will at 1.99 but that's purely feeling.
    11-22-11 01:53 PM
    Yeah, you're probably right about 99 cents being a better price. At the end of a day, as a developer, I'd much rather see 2x as many people benefit from my efforts if the number of buyers would otherwise be roughly half at twice the price.

Are there people here where being able to select which albums you download is the make-or-break feature? ie. You wouldn't buy the app unless it had that feature?

Although there are always new features that can be added, it's hard to know where to draw the line. For example, say I go and add the feature to select albums, then the next person may very well come along and say, yes, but it doesn't allow you to select which pictures within an album you want to download, etc. (the joy of software)
    11-23-11 08:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD