Many of you have downloaded the Flashing Signs app that I have uploaded to app world. If not here is the post to check out Crackberry.com :: Flashing Signs

I am please to announce that YOU too can make signs for this app! How? well the 'secret' behind the magic of making the signs flash is a site called 'gif-ninja'. So heres your chance to make a sign and have it displayed in this app.

Somethings to keep in mind:

1) Please keep the sign sized around width = 500 x height = 350.
    2) You dont have to be original, but no copyright or copyright-ish materials please!
    3) Try to keep things as clean as possible (I would like to be able to keep an 'E' - kid friendly rating in appworld)
    4) The signs should have some sort of humor/fun usage to them.
    5) Once you have submitted your sign, it will no longer belongs to you (this means I can advertise using your sign and you will not get any profits (if I make any) from this. (this is more for my own 'protection' - if you want to display your piacasso give hedone hawker a call and he'll put your picture in his fuzzengine app
    5) Questions can be directed at ignites(dot)apps (at) gmail.com
    6) Signs should be emailed to ignites(dot)apps (at) gmail.com

Thanks for reading, I hope you participate. Happy sign making!

PS. Yes I know the current layout is not very pretty, the layout update is on its way along with the new signs!
    Last edited by ignites; 05-29-12 at 07:44 PM.
    Zildjian71 likes this.
    05-28-12 08:18 PM
    Looks great on a large screen TV. Thanks for the app.
    05-28-12 08:59 PM
    Looks great on a large screen TV. Thanks for the app.
    thanks.

New UI (i think it is really awesome) is up if anyone is interested!

heres is what it looks like.

05-29-12 11:58 PM
    Hi,

How about a control to change the animation speed?

Gina
    05-30-12 07:58 AM
    Hi,

How about a control to change the animation speed?

Gina
    Sorry these are animated GIFs you cant change the speed of animated gifs. I'm sure its do able to make each picture animate but there are just too many hassles to deal with for a free app and I dont want to flood the app with 50-100 pictures (it would mean that once the app opens each of the picture goes into RAM and slow the pb down in addition to taking up space on the hard drive.)
    05-30-12 10:16 AM
    Hi,

if it's written in flash, you should be able to drop the frame rate and avoid lawsuits from causing epileptic seizures.

Gina
    05-31-12 05:19 AM
    Lawsuit pending
    You can also make your own .gifs using Photoshop or Gimp.
    ignites likes this.
    05-31-12 11:54 PM
    Hi,

if it's written in flash, you should be able to drop the frame rate and avoid lawsuits from causing epileptic seizures.
    Sorry its not written in flash, I really think it would lag in flash but I maybe wrong. Regardless, this app will always be written in html5 using flashing GIFs as long as it is free.

Lawsuit pending
    You can also make your own .gifs using Photoshop or Gimp.
    Then i might have to hire you . Gif-ninja is easy to use thats why i use it, and also free and also hosted for me so thats the best part haha.

I'll probably include a disclaimer in the next update... to stop the stupidity of staring at it for too long.
    06-01-12 12:14 AM
    I can see it now.
    All them live radio shows at malls
    Use your LIVE ON AIR .gifs

But this app would be better if we can just drop off the .gifs file in a folder and Flashing Signs runs it from there. We can always use the same name like FlashingSign
    With a HDM cable a lot of business can fine a way to use that
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ for the App maker
    06-17-12 01:44 PM
    I can see it now.
    All them live radio shows at malls
    Use your LIVE ON AIR .gifs
    like really use it or u can envision it being used? :P. If it is really being used thats super cool, if you could take a picture and share that be awesome!
    06-17-12 03:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD