So I looked through the forums and couldn't find another post regarding this so I hope this helps someone.

As is well known now, there are several free apps that are normally paid apps in App World for BlackBerry 7 customers. One of them is Fixmo Tools. I highly recommend it in general but I was just playing around with it, specifically "WiFi transfer" and it works pretty well on the PlayBook.

There has been a lot of people here, (myself included) wishing and wanting a good way to transfer files between their PlayBooks and BlackBerry phones. Before I was using a file managing app to do this which sends files over Bluetooth. This is much faster!

So my fellow Crackberryans, give it a shot! (And has anyone else already figured this out)
    Last edited by axllebeer; 03-26-12 at 10:58 PM.
    03-26-12 10:41 PM
    So I looked through the forums and couldn't find another post regarding this so I hope this helps someone.

As is well known now, there are several free apps that are normally paid apps in App World for BlackBerry 7 customers. One of them is Fixmo Tools. I highly recommend it in general but I was just playing around with it, specifically "WiFi transfer" and it works pretty well on the PlayBook.

There has been a lot of people here, (myself included) wishing and wanting a good way to transfer files between their PlayBooks and BlackBerry phones. Before I was using a file managing app to do this which sends files over Bluetooth. This is much faster!

So my fellow Crackberryans, give it a shot! (And has anyone else already figured this out)

App not found on Appworld in Canada?

Edit: my mistake. Didn't know it was a phone app and not a PlayBook app. Wow! 7.99. Is it worth it?
    Last edited by oobergeek; 03-27-12 at 07:07 AM.
    03-27-12 06:39 AM
    I think the Complimentary Apps might be US only Sorry Canada...
    But Fixmo is a GREAT APP and is worth that price!
    03-27-12 08:33 AM
    App not found on Appworld in Canada?

Edit: my mistake. Didn't know it was a phone app and not a PlayBook app. Wow! 7.99. Is it worth it?
    I actually purchased this app before it was free (in the US only unfortunately) for a whole $9.99 but I find that I use it daily. The undelete of emails and texts messages can be a real plus if you receive a lot of work emails or other things important, delete something then realize later "oh god I needed that one after all".
    Also I'm a fan of the Forward with edit function if there is an email using want to Forward but need to remove a section of it 1st.

I have no affiliation with those who created this app or anything but if you already have it or wanted to get it this was a feature of the wifi file transfer that's not advertised in the app description.
    03-27-12 08:50 AM
    FileScout, also a bbPHONE app now allows access via wifi. You use the Browser. Here's a look:
    axllebeer likes this.
    03-27-12 10:32 AM
    Very cool F2, and it's free. I've learned something new today as well.
    03-27-12 10:54 AM
    I've been using Fixmo Tools since day 1 of the beta. Love the way it's grown. The Undelete and Reply/Forward with Edit transfer are great. Couldn't live without them. I also use the Remote Print function a lot. Built-in SMS recovery as well. The latest versions alo allow you to delete modules that you may not want/need. I think $7.99 is well worth it.
    03-27-12 11:12 AM
    +1 filescout
    03-27-12 12:17 PM
    I haven't used Fixmo, but File Scout is pretty good.
    03-27-12 12:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD