Hey guys. As you know, you can't save any games in 9mm HD. Huge bug.

To fix this bug, just put the app in dev mode (use below manifest.mf) with your debug token.
    Modified Manifest.mf (You need to change author and author ID to be the same as your debug token!)
    http://www.mediafire.com/?fn4gfuwgfi7j7n0

The guys who made the app didn't actually test a production version (signed). Signed apps can't write to app dir which has screwed up a LOT of things!

Also, the game saves are meant to go to shared/misc/gameloft/games/9mm/save.dat but this isn't hooked up to anything yet. In addition, they haven't asked for access_shared permission the XML file.

Gameloft, if you need help, .. :P
    Last edited by xsacha; 05-30-12 at 09:26 PM.
    05-24-12 02:02 AM
    Awesome. THANKS so much!!!! Now I can finally play online as well! Regards

*doh... yeah still doesn't work... Thanks for your efforts though
    Last edited by 991514982a; 05-24-12 at 02:31 AM.
    05-24-12 02:09 AM
    Sorry, the bug was that they got to add permission access_shared
    05-24-12 02:50 AM
    Its such a major bug!! Could you explain further on how to edit the blackberry-tablet.xml file and the location of the file

- Charles
    05-24-12 03:13 AM
    Extracted.bar/native/blackberry-tablet.xml
    You'll need to fix the permission and then resign.
    05-24-12 03:17 AM
    Extracted.bar/native/blackberry-tablet.xml
    You'll need to fix the permission and then resign.
    man.. Sorry, I am a bit lost.

when you refer to Extracted.bar, do you mean extracting the 9mm HD.BAR file? If yes, how do you exactly do that? I bought the game through AppWorld and I dont know how to extract the BAR file. If I would to download the game from some pirated sites, then maybe its easier

- Charles
    05-24-12 03:26 AM
    better wait for the official release, which i believe at the soonest
    05-24-12 04:03 AM
    Hey guys. As you know, you can't save any games in 9mm HD. Huge bug.

To fix this bug, here's what you need to do:

Edit the blackberry-tablet.xml and add:
    <permission>access_shared</permission>
    Then resign.

For some reason they forgot to include this!

I would make a 'fixed' version, but that would be piracy. Hopefully you guys can get the .bar yourself
    Man you're a saviour, thanks buddy
    Resigning is a problem, I don't have a signing key is there any other way to sign the bar file?
    Last edited by LimeTripBlog; 05-24-12 at 04:45 AM.
    05-24-12 04:40 AM
    Man you're a saviour, thanks buddy
    Resigning is a problem, I don't have a signing key is there any other way to sign the bar file?
    No sorry. The other option also requires a key (debug token). You'll have to wait until the update.
    05-24-12 05:55 AM
    No sorry. The other option also requires a key (debug token). You'll have to wait until the update.
    Can I rename the bar file as .apk and use PlayBook .apk to .bar converter to sign it. Will this work?
    05-24-12 06:06 AM
    Unfortunately not. It would want to load the .apk in Android Player :P

Requesting keys is now an instant, automatic process. Generating a cert from the keys is a two-click affair in any of RIM's development tools such as the NDK.
    05-24-12 06:45 AM
    So, out of interest, how are you extracting the bar file from your PlayBook? Using an earlier jailbroken OS?
    05-24-12 10:17 AM
    The OS doesn't need to be jailbroken. You just need to be on 2.0.7971 or lower.
    If you're on 2.0.1.358 you can still downgrade to 7971 or 7111 at any time (and then upgrade back).
    russnash likes this.
    05-24-12 10:24 AM
    Thanks xsacha! Nice and simple fix!
    05-27-12 03:02 PM
    Thanks again xsacha. Still bunk though... I bought the game and I do not wish to downgrade. But as you said, sharing that .bar would be piracy Let's hope GL updates 9mm quickly
    05-27-12 03:08 PM
    I've installed a debug token in my playbook and running the game in development mode , but its still not saving am I doing anything wrong..?
    05-30-12 02:39 AM
    I've installed a debug token in my playbook and running the game in development mode , but its still not saving am I doing anything wrong..?
    The game needs to be in devMode, not the tablet.

In the .bar file, remove everything in META-INF except for manifest.mf. In manifest.mf, set development mode to true, remove author signature, change author and author id to the one in your debug token. Then replace first four letters of package id with 'test'. Then sideload it.

There is an easier way but not legal.
    Last edited by xsacha; 05-30-12 at 09:24 PM.
    Praveenplaybook likes this.
    05-30-12 03:08 AM
    The game needs to be in devMode, not the tablet.

In the .bar file, remove everything in META-INF except for manifest.mf. In manifest.mf, set development mode to true, remove author signature, change author and author id to the one in your debug token. Then replace first four letters of package id and package version id with 'test'. Then sideload it.

There is an easier way but not legal.
    Hi thanks for the quick reply . Ill try it now....(For the record i did obtained the bar file from a site, but I also purchased the game ....)
    05-30-12 03:19 AM
    Its giving me 500 Application author does not match debug token author. error i changed the xml file also , anything I have to do.....

Got rid of author error but now it throws 500 air/blackberry-tablet.xml: SHA512 digest mismatch
    Last edited by Praveenplaybook; 05-30-12 at 08:12 AM.
    05-30-12 07:23 AM
    You shouldn't have changed the blackberry-tablet.xml. Go back to the original one.

I have provided original blackberry-tablet.xml and modified MANIFEST.MF to make things easier for you.

Original blackberry-tablet.xml:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?05r4pvjg9cvfc6q
    Modified Manifest.mf (You need to change author and author ID to be the same as your debug token!)
    http://www.mediafire.com/?fn4gfuwgfi7j7n0
    Last edited by xsacha; 05-30-12 at 09:25 PM.
    Praveenplaybook and -Roach- like this.
    05-30-12 09:21 PM
    Hi xsacha now its working fine I think made mistake in package version id , thanks for ur attachments that was really help full
    05-31-12 03:20 AM
    Thanks.

I was just looking for help as I thought I was doing something wrong and couldn't save it
    06-04-12 07:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD