Here we go, first AppWorld is swamped with millions of book "apps" by the above mentioned developer, well they've obviously been hard developing (must be access to the 2 beta I guess) as now if you take a look you'll see a number of Jigsaw apps being offered now... I've seen 6 up to now, but don't worry if you've missed them, I'm sure a WHOLE lot more will appear over the coming weeks (you'll spot them by the eye catching icon - all the same btw)... So heads-up!

(actually joking aside these annoy me more than the book apps - at least they went to the effort of putting a different cover on each of those. This is the same format, different pics packaged in the same basic UI, over and over again, identical icon apart from the odd tiny word) oh well
    11-27-11 10:37 AM
    Don't worry, Alec said they are on top of the situation with that vendor. Probably will have it addressed in a year or two. 8-|

He said -
    "We've been having a discussion on that topic james. We're aware, and will make some changes. "

That was on Nov 2nd.
    11-27-11 11:07 AM
    Alec took it to Jim and Mike and they both said they loved how the app count was rising so quickly that Alec should encourage more people to submit these "books" to appworld....
    11-27-11 11:37 AM
    In a word... crapolla!
    11-27-11 11:54 AM
    Here we go, first AppWorld is swamped with millions of book "apps" by the above mentioned developer, well they've obviously been hard developing (must be access to the 2 beta I guess) as now if you take a look you'll see a number of Jigsaw apps being offered now... I've seen 6 up to now, but don't worry if you've missed them, I'm sure a WHOLE lot more will appear over the coming weeks (you'll spot them by the eye catching icon - all the same btw)... So heads-up!

(actually joking aside these annoy me more than the book apps - at least they went to the effort of putting a different cover on each of those. This is the same format, different pics packaged in the same basic UI, over and over again, identical icon apart from the odd tiny word) oh well
    Its not the flood of ebooks and crap, its the lack of new releases.
    11-27-11 12:02 PM

Here is the email id, let us all let them know how we feel
    11-27-11 12:43 PM
    Here is the email id, let us all let them know how we feel

sent to: info@digimediaapps.com (support email address from the URL given)
    cc - BlackBerry App World Marketing <BlackBerryAppWorldMarketing@rim.com>

-----------------------------------------

To whom it may concern,

Re DigiMedia Books and Puzzles

As a fellow developer and consuimer, I am deeply concerned about your flooding the PlayBook App World with thousands of separate apps that are essentially identical. This practice is unfair to developers whose new releases cannopt get the notice that they deserve on the featured apps page. I can also state that consumers do not like this practice either - visit CrackBerry.com to find out what thoughtful consumers really think.

Furthermore, please do not proceed any further with your new jigsaw puzzle series. Enough is enpough already.

Thanks for your kind consideration
    Maurice Rice
    Author of "What's up" astronomy app.
    LimeTripBlog and irsan like this.
    11-27-11 01:05 PM
    sent to: info@digimediaapps.com (support email address from the URL given)
    cc - BlackBerry App World Marketing <BlackBerryAppWorldMarketing@rim.com>

-----------------------------------------

To whom it may concern,

Re DigiMedia Books and Puzzles

As a fellow developer and consuimer, I am deeply concerned about your flooding the PlayBook App World with thousands of separate apps that are essentially identical. This practice is unfair to developers whose new releases cannopt get the notice that they deserve on the featured apps page. I can also state that consumers do not like this practice either - visit CrackBerry.com to find out what thoughtful consumers really think.

Furthermore, please do not proceed any further with your new jigsaw puzzle series. Enough is enpough already.

Thanks for your kind consideration
    Maurice Rice
    Author of "What's up" astronomy app.

HaHaHa Classic !!

If I need consumer assistance in the future with anyone else, will you write a letter for me ?
    11-27-11 01:16 PM
    HaHaHa Classic !!

If I need consumer assistance in the future with anyone else, will you write a letter for me ?
    Fair enpough {sic}. As long as you promise to proofread what I write!
    11-27-11 01:29 PM
    Sweet baby Jesus! I'm glad someone brought it up because I thought it was just me. Don't own a playbook, but whenever I try to browse the 'new arrivals' section of app world to see if there's anything new or noteworthy, it is FULL of these ****ty ebooks. The principle of the issue which distresses me is not unique to this developer though, as the rest is filled with several versions of a $60 clock and themes that are separate downloads for each colour. Ridiculous.
    11-27-11 09:38 PM
    I haven't been on App World since Thursday so thought I would have a check this morning before work. The first 15 "apps" were from digi media. What a ridiculous amount to have on the go at once. I had to scroll down to see what else was new, and there were another 4 from this company (you all seem to have forgotten to mention that thye now also do calendars with pretty pictures on them!!). The very last app was itunes sync which I would have missed if one more digi media app was released, as it would have knocked it off the "newest" category (a friend has been going on about getting his itunes library on his PB...now I can let him know there is an app to help!).
    So overall 19 apps out of 25 on the "newest" section. When I come home from work and check, I bet there will be at least another 5 from them!!
    11-28-11 01:06 AM
    this company is either smart or smarter.

i have a theory that this company was set up to spam appworld intentionally to 'sour' appworld for other developers and also consumers while making money selling free books.

now they are onto useless jigsaw puzzles.
    12-26-11 04:32 PM
    this company is either smart or smarter.

i have a theory that this company was set up to spam appworld intentionally to 'sour' appworld for other developers and also consumers while making money selling free books.

now they are onto useless jigsaw puzzles.
    Nah... These guys are just bad citizens (of App World) who plug your access to the many "real" apps that are available.. Somewhat like the new neighbour who has nineteen cars and parks them in odd places all over your street - then "borrows" your driveway when that method does not provide enough space.
    12-26-11 11:12 PM
    noticed there was no rest for these guys over the holidays... only apps in the newest section last couple of days have been maps and jigsaws - must look great to all the new xmas prezzies users checking out app world to see what they can get for their new devices...
    12-27-11 12:35 AM
    suck digi media and RIM, make people more dissapointed
    12-27-11 04:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD