I noticed today that Firefox is now available for Android tablets, any chance we will get it on the PB anytime soon? Is it up to Mozilla or RIM or both?
    03-26-12 02:29 PM
    I'm also interested in this any news?

Sent from Blackberry Playbook
    03-26-12 02:37 PM
    Not sure it will help, but I contacted Mozilla asking them to make FF compatible with PB.
    03-26-12 02:44 PM
    if its in the market already a member here may very wrll be able to port it/dign the file themselves (assuming the browser is bb android runtime compatible. I'll contact Mozilla as well--ask and you shall receive right?

03-26-12 03:05 PM
    Try contacting them, all we can do!
    03-26-12 03:09 PM
    They're going to be focusing on a WinRT/Win32 hybrid for Windows 8 first. If someone wants to port a build of FF to the PB that's always an option, since it's open source.
    03-26-12 03:21 PM
    They're going to be focusing on a WinRT/Win32 hybrid for Windows 8 first. If someone wants to port a build of FF to the PB that's always an option, since it's open source.
    If I find time I might be able to.
    axllebeer likes this.
    03-26-12 03:33 PM
    "...contacted Mozilla asking them to make FF compatible with PB. "

And if others would take the 10-15min. to do the same, they may actually 'sit up' and seriously consider it !!

I use FF on my reg. computers, so I'll take the time ... which is the most appropriate contact portal into Mozilla ?
    dev'? support? complaints ?

"space_traveler" which did ya use ?
    03-26-12 04:30 PM
    Purchase 'secure browser' in app world. You find it's one of many browsers that this app emulates.

Very good app.
    03-26-12 04:40 PM
    "...contacted Mozilla asking them to make FF compatible with PB. "

And if others would take the 10-15min. to do the same, they may actually 'sit up' and seriously consider it !!

I use FF on my reg. computers, so I'll take the time ... which is the most appropriate contact portal into Mozilla ?
    dev'? support? complaints ?

"space_traveler" which did ya use ?
    I guess I assumed most could find how to contact Mozilla on their own if they wanted to, but I used this. Download Beta — Firefox Input
    Cracklen likes this.
    03-26-12 04:52 PM
    I bought Simple Browser Plus because it blocks most ads.
    03-26-12 05:11 PM
    First of all - don't even bother trying to port over the android version, it's not compatible (trust me, I read a LOT of other forums about firefox for playbook [and I consider them to be accurate])

Next, why are people mentioning other browsers that we should get, what are you, Walking ads? It's not the fact we want the playbook to emulate a firefox browser, we want to be using the firefox browser.

I'm a Firefox fan and would love to see a playbook compatible version.
    wcgarette and imax_tm like this.
    03-26-12 08:48 PM
    I agree, let's email ff. In fact, due to Google and chrome, firefox is in a bit of a pickle. It could be in their best interest to work with qnx rather than android, which is ultimately their competitor.

Please no more petitions, let's not become known for petitions.
    Last edited by black.rhino; 03-26-12 at 09:02 PM.
    03-26-12 09:00 PM
    I came across this topic as one of the threads highlighted on the homepage of CB which caught my interest and took digging for you guys; I dont even own a PB! I will def. shell out the cash if Moz came through with this!

Surprisingly they replied back to me within ten minutes of my tweet so....I hope this bit of assurance can satisfy us for now.

Cheers
    03-26-12 11:22 PM
    I came across this topic as one of the threads highlighted on the homepage of CB which caught my interest and took digging for you guys; I dont even own a PB! I will def. shell out the cash if Moz came through with this!

Surprisingly they replied back to me within ten minutes of my tweet so....I hope this bit of assurance can satisfy us for now.

Cheers
    I feel like all the big developers say this, like they're all waiting for the playbook to be "worth it"

03-27-12 06:18 AM
    I bought Simple Browser Plus because it blocks most ads.
    I have simple browser but unfirtunatelly there is annoying issue with tabs that has never been resolved. shame because otherwise it is good browser

I sent email to firefox team with suggestion to get ff on pb

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps
    03-27-12 06:28 AM
    I have simple browser but unfirtunatelly there is annoying issue with tabs that has never been resolved. shame because otherwise it is good browser

I sent email to firefox team with suggestion to get ff on pb

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps
    Turn screen sideways then back.
    03-27-12 07:19 AM
    Not sure it will help, but I contacted Mozilla asking them to make FF compatible with PB.
    I'll contact Mozilla as well--ask and you shall receive right?

Try contacting them, all we can do!
    I guess I assumed most could find how to contact Mozilla on their own if they wanted to, but I used this. Download Beta — Firefox Input
    First of all - don't even bother trying to port over the android version, it's not compatible (trust me, I read a LOT of other forums about firefox for playbook [and I consider them to be accurate])

Next, why are people mentioning other browsers that we should get, what are you, Walking ads? It's not the fact we want the playbook to emulate a firefox browser, we want to be using the firefox browser.

I'm a Firefox fan and would love to see a playbook compatible version.

Solid ideas. Thanks folks. Contacting them is a good way to go.

And blah @ ports.
    03-27-12 07:49 AM
    Solid ideas. Thanks folks. Contacting them is a good way to go.

And blah @ ports.
    I agree, I love the dolphin browser- just wish it was native and didn't have to pull it up through the android runtime. Still its a nice download from appworld... Still not firefox however. A native version of firefox would be so powerful on QNX.

03-27-12 08:50 AM
    Firefox support team suggested to contact the mozilla.dev.platforms.mobile directly for any inquiries on the possible app ports, hence I opened the following topic:

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fro...le/Cgx4A2QMX5E
    05-02-12 07:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD