Hello, I want to know if there's an app to find your phone using bluetooth. I'm always losing my BB and it would be nice if an app could make it sound so anyone can find it, maybe could be an idea for a new app
    02-28-12 11:11 AM
    I haven't seen one in App World; however, if you have Blackberry Protect on your phone (an app by RIM), you could then log onto the Blackberry Protect website using your Playbook which will allow you to send a command to the phone for it to ring allowing you to find your phone. The Blackberry Protect website works quite well on the Playbook.

I know it's not what you were looking for but off the top of my head, this seems to be the only option out there at the moment.
    02-28-12 11:20 AM
    Bluetooth doesn't have much of a range so I don't see this being thing. Can't you just call your phone?

Sorry to be boring
    02-28-12 11:27 AM
    BlackBerry Protect Portal works well for me. (Same as guy number one says but it's a PlayBook app. )
    02-28-12 11:28 AM
    Blackberry Protect is a very good solution for finding your phone. It uses your phone's connectivity to the cellphone network as well as GPS to locate your device. If it cannot be located through GPS at the moment you are looking, it gives you the last known location where a GPS signal was able to reach your phone (which is often just before you go indoors). BB Protect also offers pretty good management from a web browser and from any place where you are connected to the internet, including from a BB Playbook.
    You can make your phone "scream" so you can listen for it, or you can create an instant data/contacts backup to the cloud in case you are about to perform a remote wipe of the data, and you can even lock the device remotely so nobody can access it easily.

Hopefully, you'll always have the phone nearby so the only command I hope you'll ever really need is the one to make the phone make that loud, obnoxious sound. You'll definitely find it that way! LOL
    Last edited by lwaysluking; 02-28-12 at 11:45 AM.
    02-28-12 11:34 AM
    Bluetooth doesn't have much of a range so I don't see this being thing. Can't you just call your phone?

Sorry to be boring
    Actually it has like 15 meters range so it's kinda useful since I have a lot of gadgets in my room, I will try BB protect, that would help
    02-28-12 11:35 AM
    BlackBerry protect works just fine and it's LOUD.....I'm sure you will be able to find your BlackBerry phone with BlackBerry protect installed......
    02-28-12 11:41 AM
    I've heard only good things about BlackBerry protect....maybe I should give it a try =D
    02-28-12 12:40 PM