One thing I noticed and wanted to share with others is that with the latest OS update on the PB we seem to finally be able to truly delete/uninstall unwanted/unused application. Previously, uninstalling or deleting applications would simply prompt a small OS update (maybe 2-5 MB) which would reinstall the applications that you had deleted. This annoyed me to no end. I found it frustrating having all these icons on the home screen that you could not get rid of! I'm so happy to report that this has been fixed with the latest OS, as I've been complaining about this from the beginning. One minor improvement that could be made is to have the ability to 'hide' icons like on a BB. So, if you do not use some applications often, you can merely hide them from the home screen and select and unhide them when you want to use them. I'm still holding out hope for this feature. Anyone else glad that at least we can finally get rid of those unwanted applications for good?
    07-30-11 08:01 PM
    I agree. Complained to a RIM rep direct, he was unaware of the issue. Glad now they have addressed.
    07-30-11 10:36 PM
    Can you guys post steps how to hide the icon on homescreen? i am new to the PB world
    07-30-11 10:48 PM
    Why don't you just move all your commonly used apps to the Favorites section?
    07-30-11 10:59 PM
    You canNOT HIDE icons. Hopefully, rim will add that. You can reorder items or as suggested, move stuff to favorites. You also canNOT create any additional folders.
    07-30-11 11:40 PM
    I think this must be in the mill - they wanted to get the basics out first - also I expect you will be able to add custom categories - does OS6 allow this? I stuck with OS5...I had upgrade-o-phobia.
    07-31-11 01:45 AM
    In OS6 you can create different folders and move icons in to it. I've done this for my gps maps. Google, telnet, bb maps, and bb travel.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-11 07:19 AM
    In OS6 you can create different folders and move icons in to it. I've done this for my gps maps. Google, telnet, bb maps, and bb travel.

Folders, yes. Categories, no.
    You can also create new folders in OS 5 and move app icons into it.
    07-31-11 08:33 AM
    Can you guys post steps how to hide the icon on homescreen? i am new to the PB world
    Unfortunately, as I mentioned, there is no way currently to 'hide' the icons. But the suggested idea to move the frequently used icons to 'Favorites' is a common way to avoid the clutter.
    07-31-11 09:01 AM
    For us "very" new to the playbook, would you please tell us how to delete the unwanted stuff. tks ever so much
    07-31-11 02:30 PM
    For us "very" new to the playbook, would you please tell us how to delete the unwanted stuff. tks ever so much
    If you press and hold the icon of the app you want to delete, it will show an 'x' below it. You can press that 'x' to delete the application.
    rockjeep and cognatus like this.
    07-31-11 02:58 PM
    Thanks for the info Laurah
    07-31-11 05:33 PM
    Very great info to hear. Thanks! I hadn't checked due to seeing the updates all the time!
    07-31-11 05:36 PM
    If you press and hold the icon of the app you want to delete, it will show an 'x' below it. You can press that 'x' to delete the application.
    Actually, it shows a trash can.
    07-31-11 09:00 PM
    Actually, it shows a trash can.
    You're right! I should have been looking at my PB while I wrote that.
    08-01-11 06:55 AM
    Did any of you who bought the playbook around launch ever dream at the time that over 3 months later we would be happy just to be able to delete an app and it stay deleted?

FF22 and laurah2215 like this.
    08-01-11 09:04 AM
    Why don't you just move all your commonly used apps to the Favorites section?
    I have started to do this but it seems where I wake my pb up or I turn it on the default screen is always "All."

Is there something that I am missing so that the "favorites" screen always shows up as a default?
    08-01-11 09:58 AM
    flyersfan - I don't believe that you can alter that behavior. Maybe it is one of those features that will be coming in Summer (which Summer remains the question). That's why I have not really added much to Favorites. I just shove items around on the ALL screen (and just deleted hotmail, facebook, and something else)
    08-01-11 10:09 AM
    Did any of you who bought the playbook around launch ever dream at the time that over 3 months later we would be happy just to be able to delete an app and it stay deleted?

I know. I've thought about that. I know many users expected that by this point we would have native applications and Androids apps. However, I guess I'm happy that each update brings more usability. I just wish the updates were more frequent, and that eventually we'd get that 'mother' upload which would just fix everything.lol. Although, I'm still hopeful. It's a great piece of hardware and still has potential. I'm not losing all faith yet.
    08-01-11 10:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD