08-22-11 11:26 PM
35 12
tools
    Very nice FTP app!
    After trial, I decided to buy the app.

Compliments to the developer.

And it works on Synology NAS FTP.
    07-13-11 11:46 AM
    LiteFTP trial 1.1.0.12 and LiteFTP full version 1.1.0.11 is available in AppWorld.

Before this have bug if using $$ symbol as ftp password. In this new version if click connect without updating back the password, liteftp will show login error. It is not a bug but we have changed the password encryption code so the old encryption value is not compatible with this new version. All user need to reupdate the password in the site manager and click save.

For an up to date release info and news pls check our twitter @YobMedia

That's all and thank you.
    Last edited by YobMedia; 07-14-11 at 08:23 AM.
    07-14-11 06:55 AM
    No matter what I do, I can't get ftp on PB. In LiteFTP I always get error#2031.

Somehow I get Sky Tunes to work though! It is on the same server 192.168.xxx.xxx and on any configurable port (7000-9000) it works like a treat.

So I am wondering why if Sky Tunes can work on the same network setup, why why on earth Lite FTP and Aftab File Browser both fails and even i can't get webserver (http) to work.

What am I missing?
    07-17-11 06:04 AM
    No matter what I do, I can't get ftp on PB. In LiteFTP I always get error#2031.

Somehow I get Sky Tunes to work though! It is on the same server 192.168.xxx.xxx and on any configurable port (7000-9000) it works like a treat.

So I am wondering why if Sky Tunes can work on the same network setup, why why on earth Lite FTP and Aftab File Browser both fails and even i can't get webserver (http) to work.

What am I missing?
    hi, thank you for reporting this issue. Can you email us regarding this problem with more details so we can further assist you to fix this issue? It will help us if you can email us the ftp software that you are using if installed in local area networks or if it's available in the internet maybe you can create us a demo account so we can trace the problem faster.

thank you.
    07-17-11 07:15 AM
    Currently the updated OS 1.0.7 have some issues with LiteFTP.
    User cannot delete or upgrade it. We are communicating with RIM
    To fix this issue either it can be done on our side or we have to wait for
    OS update. Thank you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-11 10:46 AM
    We have to remove temporary LiteFTP in appworld until the latest fix version submitted to AppWorld approved. Current updated OS has bug which it cannot deleted apps that have bigger value platformversion number than the current OS version. RIM has realized this is bug in the updated OS because it supposed to check during installation not when upgrade or delete app. This checking function should bypass during delete apps.

We have to get a new signing key to allowed current user to still upgrade and purchased the apps. But with new signing key mean that when install it will become like a new apps not overwrite the old apps. This should be fix in next OS update.

Thanks.
    07-21-11 01:10 PM
    We have to remove temporary LiteFTP in appworld until the latest fix version submitted to AppWorld approved. Current updated OS has bug which it cannot deleted apps that have bigger value platformversion number than the current OS version. RIM has realized this is bug in the updated OS because it supposed to check during installation not when upgrade or delete app process. This checking function should be bypass during delete operation.

So we decided to remove it temporary because we don't want later playbook user have issue which they cannot delete the old LiteFTP version and there will be 2 LiteFTP apps stuck in the playbook until the next OS update. For those who has purchased or download we are really sorry because looks like it cannot be deleted and stuck there until next OS update. But with upcoming release version, existing user can still upgrade and purchased but they will have two LiteFTP in the playbook.

In meantime we still communicating this issue with RIM and hope they can push OS update with this fix ASAP because others developer also starting to complaint regarding this issue.

Thanks.
    Last edited by YobMedia; 07-21-11 at 01:33 PM.
    07-21-11 01:11 PM
    ok, I'm having a problem...gonna give as much info as possible so please bare with me.

scenario #1
    Setup:
    My Home computer (SERVER) is behind a linksys router
    I have FileZilla Server installed (0.9.39 Beta)
    FileZilla is set to use port 5000
    linksys router is port forwarding port 5000 to SERVER

LiteFTP on playbook has site setup for SERVER on port 5000
    Playbook is on the same network as SERVER

WORKS GREAT

scenario #2
    Setup:
    FileZilla is set to use port 5000
    linksys router is port forwarding port 5000 to SERVER

LiteFTP on playbook has site setup for SERVER on port 5000
    Playbook is on a different network as the SERVER

liteFTP gets a "LiteFTP can only connect using passive or extended passive mode only"

scenario #3
    Setup:
    FileZilla is set to use port 21
    linksys router is port forwarding port 21 to SERVER

LiteFTP on playbook has site setup for SERVER on port 21

liteFTP connects and I can browse the folders HOWEVER when I transfer a file from the server, the transfer speed is so slow that it timesout.

scenario #4
    Setup:
    FileZilla is set to use port 21
    linksys router is port forwarding port from 21 to 31 to SERVER

LiteFTP on playbook has site setup for SERVER on port 21

liteFTP connects, I can browse the folders and when I transfer a file from the server, it transfers MUCH faster (300k+/sec) than scenario #3 (28k/sec) but significantly slower than scenario #1 (600k+/sec)

PROBLEM
    I would like the transfer rate of scenario #1 on an outside network
    I have no idea how ftps work but I hope this info is helpful to someone and/or enough to point out what I'm doing wrong.
    Last edited by smasha132; 08-22-11 at 11:13 AM.
    08-22-11 11:05 AM
    Hi smasha132,

Ok it is related with how you setup your networking actually. Is is related with NAT and the network speed.

Scenario 1 is has the most fastest speed because both the server and playbook is in the same network so it depends on the LAN speed. If your server use 10mbps or 100mbps network card and the router is a high speed router which have same speed with your server then you will have a high speed transfer to any device that connected in the same network.

Scenario 2, i think it is related with your server firewall setting if you are using windows OS. Why i say this because in scenario 3 you can connect but you set the router to port 21 which is the default port for ftp so your server firewall setting maybe have been set to allowed connection to port 21 but not on port 5000 instead. But it's hard to say because this is a networking setting related issue but i suspect it is a firewall setting issue or something that blocking the port 5000 in the server from outside connection.

Scenario 3 & Scenario 4, again this is a networking setting issue which it's depends on your internet connection if LiteFTP connected outside from LAN. If your internet connection is just 1mbps or 10mbps, yes the speed is much slower than scenario 1 because scenario 1, playbook connected in the same network which the speed only restricted on server network card and router speed. But if another network then have to check the speed of the internet connection or speed that connected between each network. Regarding the speed varies between the scenario 3 and 4, maybe you have to check in filezilla forum or any other networking forum on how to gain high speed connection to your home server. Some router have built in throttle setting which if you enabled it will throttle the speed. By maybe you can try this, if you router support DMZ pls put the server ip in the DMZ. You can google what is DMZ if you want to know more

thanks
    08-22-11 04:25 PM
    will try that thank you
    08-22-11 11:26 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD