Just installed the new version of LiteFTP and now i can browse my mediaplayer and laptop in my network (via my ip-number). that did not work before ! Happy!
    Looks like i have a FTP-browser on my Eminent

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by danield76; 07-12-11 at 04:12 PM.
    07-12-11 01:28 PM
    wow now this is awesome,
    the PB keeps calling me in... but not yet
    07-12-11 01:29 PM
    But can you play media files over the network?

If you can do that then this is a win.. I have all my media on my Desktop at home and stream, transcode on the fly to my media extenders (xbox, ps3).. This would save me a step or two if i didn't have to transfer it directly to the playbook.
    07-12-11 01:39 PM
    No sorry no streaming yet. I can transfer documents to and from my playbook and mediaplayer.

07-12-11 01:44 PM
    Hi, i'm the developer of LiteFTP and also crackberry fans . Currently LiteFTP can only do basic ftp function like upload, download and etc only. This is the limitation of the Adobe Air SDK. I can research if the play media over the network can be done using the current SDK, but honestly i don't think so. Have to wait until the native SDK released to unleash the maximum playbook capabilities. Anyway i will noted this request. Thank you.
    Fubaz, bquinney, portal and 2 others like this.
    07-12-11 02:45 PM
    Does LiteFTP support SSH? If not are there any plans to add this in the future?
    07-12-11 03:27 PM
    Hang on, are you saying you can browse Windows File Shares without installing anything on PC or you can connect to FTP Server running on your PC and browse that way?
    07-12-11 03:42 PM
    I sure think thats what he is saying.
    07-12-11 03:50 PM
    Installing trial...
    07-12-11 03:51 PM
    Installed the trial and in the site manager it asks me for host name, username, password and port, which is defaulted to 21 (FTP)... I don't think I can connect to Windows box using NetBIOS file sharing unless i have something running on port 21 which really is an FTP server... ? Can the developer elaborate?
    07-12-11 03:53 PM
    By the way this is a really nice FTP client - very clean and professional UI. Kudos.
    07-12-11 03:54 PM
    I have a Eminent mediaplayer which i can acces via my browser by typing 192.168.2.2 but now i can login with LiteFTP and see the complete directories and files. I can transfer and delete files from and of my Playbook.

07-12-11 04:02 PM
    I have a Eminent mediaplayer which i can acces via my browser by typing 192.168.2.2 but now i can login with LiteFTP and see the complete directories and files. I can transfer and delete files from and of my Playbook.

that media player must be running ftp server then..
    07-12-11 04:06 PM
    Sorry i think you are right. LiteFTP is still the first who makes this work! Thread changed

07-12-11 04:13 PM
    hey guys,

when i try to download the trial version of liteftp i get this error message.

Attachment 89941
    credofan214 likes this.
    07-12-11 05:08 PM
    Installed the trial and in the site manager it asks me for host name, username, password and port, which is defaulted to 21 (FTP)... I don't think I can connect to Windows box using NetBIOS file sharing unless i have something running on port 21 which really is an FTP server... ? Can the developer elaborate?
    same here,ca somebody plz explai how to cofigure it
    07-12-11 06:23 PM
    I'll join the others - I know very little (only a tad bit more than nothing) about ftp. Can I just do very little on my Windows machine and browse it from the pb? What would be necessary?

Thanks in advance.
    07-12-11 08:16 PM
    hey guys,
    when i try to download the trial version of liteftp i get this error message.
    I would restart the PB and see if it happens again
    07-12-11 09:41 PM
    I'll join the others - I know very little (only a tad bit more than nothing) about ftp. Can I just do very little on my Windows machine and browse it from the pb? What would be necessary?

Thanks in advance.
    You need:
    1) FTP Server software running on your PC and accepting connections on port 21
    2) Your PC firewall configured to allow incoming port 21
    3) ensure your PC is NOT accessible from internet (FTP sends username and password in clear text therefore anyone can find out your password and access all your files)

I would wait until someone writes Windows network file sharing client...
    07-12-11 09:43 PM
    Or use ssl ftp if this app can deal with ssl.
    07-12-11 09:49 PM
    Yes liteftp connect to ftp server so you have to install ftp server in your pc or mac. There is an open source ftp server called filezilla which u can install and have many more if you search in google. Actually you can use any port and change the default 21 value in the apps. Regarding the ssl ftp i have test with secureftp-test.com which use ftp over ssl and via auth tls/ssl.

i developed this because i need ftp client in my playbook so i can fix or update my server side script (.php, .xml, .html) without need to open my laptop anymore.

About the error screenshot i think it's related with appworld because i just try download the trial and its working fine. Sometime restarting the playbook might help. Please try and inform me back. Thanks.
    Last edited by YobMedia; 07-12-11 at 10:02 PM.
    07-12-11 09:54 PM
    Does LiteFTP support SSH? If not are there any plans to add this in the future?
    I will noted this and do some testing 1st. Currently i don't thinks it's suppprt ssh or sftp. Right now liteftp is just a basic ftp for web programmer or webmaster to do quick fix and update on the go. Thank you.
    07-12-11 10:13 PM

Thanks in advance.
    Hi, if you are using windows then you can check below url on how to build a home ftp server using the open source filezilla server.

Source:
    build-a-home-ftp-server-with-filezilla

In that url its say xp and vista only supported but the new version of filezilla server now support XP, Vista and 7 are supported, each both 32 and 64 bit.

for mac osx follow this guide:

1 -Click the Apple logo in the top left corner and select "System Preferences."

2 - Select "Sharing" in the "Internet & Wireless" section of the "System Preferences" window.

3 - Check "File Sharing" in the list of services.

4 - Click Options.

5 - Check the share files and folders using ftp.

hope this will help. thanks
    Last edited by YobMedia; 07-12-11 at 11:53 PM.
    07-12-11 10:25 PM
    But can you play media files over the network?

If you can do that then this is a win.. I have all my media on my Desktop at home and stream, transcode on the fly to my media extenders (xbox, ps3).. This would save me a step or two if i didn't have to transfer it directly to the playbook.
    Just install apache (or wamp) and setup media directory as your home directory. I can then browse all my media from playbook and watch my pictures, stream audio and video without any issues (it does not transcode so it won't play unsupported media).

The default media player appears inside the browser window, and you can then click the maximize button. Since it plays inside the default media, it also shows up the blue play icon on the notification bar with file info as well and you can pause it from notification bar as well.

Another benefit is that when you play audio, you can change to other apps and the audio continues to play (even in default mode - i.e. no showcase mode required).
    07-13-11 01:39 AM
    Yes that's correct .

LiteFTP 1.1.0.10 has been send to appworld for approval. This release will enable download and upload to continue even if the apps is inactive such as user opening other apps like reading website in browser or playing games. But if you closed the LiteFTP of course it will terminate the transfer. This is what playbook about, a true multitasking tablet.
    Last edited by YobMedia; 07-13-11 at 01:55 AM.
    07-13-11 01:53 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD