11-26-11 10:50 AM
36 12
tools
    I was trying to find an easy way to copy files from my phone to the pb and bingo, this thread shows-up and your app does this in a great way. There are some great features in this app The only issue I have is lag. There's noticeable lag when viewing bridge files and even when viewing pb files there is some lag. It needs to be 'effortless' to be really great - like the OS, those icons scroll beautifully
    Thanks for your feedback, Anthogag. We're working on improving the UI performance. As for Bridge files, we're limited to the speed and stability with which we get info from the operating system, although we do use some caching techniques to improve performance there too. Working with remote files over Bluetooth is bound to be slower than local files or even remote files over wi-fi.
    11-17-11 01:33 PM
    This is a great app! and keeps getting better and better
    11-17-11 02:14 PM
    Anybody having problems with the cut or copy and paste of multiple files to DropBox? After the first file is copied or pasted, the process stalls no matter how long I wait. The problem doesn't seem to be there when I use Box.net to paste to so I'm not sure if it's just me or a problem with the DropBox configuration.

Mike
    11-17-11 02:29 PM
    Anybody having problems with the cut or copy and paste of multiple files to DropBox?
    We've been in touch with Mike via e-mail, but so far we have not been able to reproduce the issue. Is anybody else experiencing this?
    11-20-11 05:38 AM
    i download the trial and it seems to be a very good app. one question: i didn't see there is an option to browse files on network by typing the path, like we do in Windows by typing \\fileserver. will it be supported in the future release? thanks
    11-20-11 06:02 AM
    i download the trial and it seems to be a very good app. one question: i didn't see there is an option to browse files on network by typing the path, like we do in Windows by typing \\fileserver. will it be supported in the future release? thanks
    I'd semi-second that - not crucial for me to be able to type in the path manually, the bog standard file explorer UI would suffice.

We have a shared hdd hooked up to our wireless router where we store our photos, music and videos at home. Being able to browse and run these files directly over the network would be a dream and would be a no brainer for me to buy.

K.
    11-20-11 06:35 AM
    The PlayBook does not yet provide access to the network protocols needed to do this. I think RIM is working on it.
    11-21-11 04:46 AM
    One of the best apps available for the Playbook!

Thanks for all the hard work you continue to put into this app and for your active participation in the forums!

It's developers like you that are making the Playbook an increasingly awesome device!
    Innovatology likes this.
    11-21-11 07:08 AM
    Update: the latest OS 2 beta build (2.0.0.4869) seems to fix the problems we had in previous OS 2 beta builds with Google Docs and Box.net. Users running OS 1.07 never had this problem. Let us know how you get on!
    11-23-11 05:27 PM
    Update: the latest OS 2 beta build (2.0.0.4869) seems to fix the problems we had in previous OS 2 beta builds with Google Docs and Box.net. Users running OS 1.07 never had this problem. Let us know how you get on!
    Both appear to be working, for single file ops, but moving multiple files within Box stalled in mid-operation.
    Innovatology likes this.
    11-23-11 07:45 PM
    Both appear to be working, for single file ops, but moving multiple files within Box stalled in mid-operation.
    We're investigating this issue. Do you remember what size (roughly) the files were? Were you connected via Wi-fi or Bridge?
    11-26-11 10:50 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD