We're delighted to announce that Files & Folders v3.0 is now available in App World. Here's what's new:

• NEW! support for BOX.NET! Works exactly like our other cloud services - copy and paste from anywhere to anywhere: local files, Box.net, Dropbox, Google Docs, into and out of ZIP files... Check out the temporary free 50 GB upgrade at box.net. You'll need to install and sign in with their own Box client at least once, but once upgraded you can use your 50GB with Files & Folders too!
    • NEW! Select multiple files and/or folders at once! Then cut, copy, paste, delete the selected items.
    • NEW! Handy tips at startup! These can be switched off in the Settings screen if you like.
    • ENHANCED! Better performance & reliability of thumbnail generation for high-resolution images that don't have embedded thumbnails.
    • FIXED! corrected bug in conversion from RTF to Google Docs.
    Please note: users running the developer betas (OS 2.0.0.3778 and 2.0.0.3894) cannot access Box.net or Google Docs due to a known bug in OS 2. At the moment there is no work-around. According to RIM this issue has already been fixed in a newer build of OS 2.0. Users running OS 1.0.x do not have this problem. Update 23 nov: the latest OS 2 beta build (2.0.0.4869) seems to fix the problems we had with Google Docs and Box.net. Let us know how you get on!
    Last edited by Innovatology; 11-23-11 at 05:25 PM.
    11-15-11 09:16 AM
    Yay multi-select... finally! :-)
    Innovatology likes this.
    11-15-11 09:20 AM
    How about SugarSync and .rar support?
    11-15-11 10:03 AM
    Great job with the multi-file support. I've experienced the box.net problem with beta 2.0 and can only hope that there will be another upgrade before Feb.

I was keeping another file manager around solely for multi-file operations. It's now history.
    Innovatology likes this.
    11-15-11 10:17 AM
    i just noticed that some mp4 videos don't show up?

have any idea why?

i noticed this when i use air browser as well... however, it shows up when i use the native video app.
    11-15-11 10:49 AM
    i just noticed that some mp4 videos don't show up? have any idea why? i noticed this when i use air browser as well... however, it shows up when i use the native video app.
    Does the file name start with a period? On QNX, there is a convention that those files should be hidden, though not many apps respect it. In Files & Folders there is a setting you can toggle to hide those files. Does that help?
    11-15-11 11:04 AM
    Does the file name start with a period? On QNX, there is a convention that those files should be hidden, though not many apps respect it. In Files & Folders there is a setting you can toggle to hide those files. Does that help?
    i think i found a fix for it.

it's probably the file and not with the software itself.

i am heading to work but will attempt the fix tonight.

thanks for your super fast response.
    11-15-11 11:23 AM
    This app is now officially awesome!
    Innovatology likes this.
    11-15-11 12:02 PM
    My only question/suggestion, the ability to play video over bridge connection. I twas doing that months ago, then all of a sudden stopped. I really liked that ability and would like to see it return.
    snoozininsomniac likes this.
    11-15-11 03:22 PM
    Does Files & Folders support hidden files yet?
    11-15-11 03:26 PM
    My only question/suggestion, the ability to play video over bridge connection. I twas doing that months ago, then all of a sudden stopped. I really liked that ability and would like to see it return.
    All we can do is tell the OS to "open a file". The OS chooses which app to use, and handles the bridge connection. So that must have been a change in Bridge, not in our app.
    11-15-11 03:27 PM
    Does Files & Folders support hidden files yet?
    We support hidden files using the recommended QNX convention: files whose names start with a period are not displayed. This can be overridden in the settings screen.

However, many other apps do not follow that convention, including some of RIM's own apps.
    Last edited by Innovatology; 11-15-11 at 05:55 PM.
    11-15-11 03:30 PM
    Can you create a zip file and PASSWORD protect that zip while doing so? Does it support password protected zip files that already exist?
    11-15-11 06:00 PM
    AWESOME update!!!!!
    Innovatology likes this.
    11-15-11 06:04 PM
    Does the file name start with a period? On QNX, there is a convention that those files should be hidden, though not many apps respect it.
    Pretty sure that even if you load up a file called .mymovie.mp4, the videos app will find it.
    whipcream78 likes this.
    11-15-11 06:21 PM
    Can you create a zip file and PASSWORD protect that zip while doing so? Does it support password protected zip files that already exist?
    We do not yet support encrypted zip files, but are looking into that for a future update.
    11-15-11 07:03 PM
    Pretty sure that even if you load up a file called .mymovie.mp4, the videos app will find it.
    The Videos app does not adhere to the period-hides-file convention. But Files & Folders does by default (unless you disable it from the settings screen), which could explain why some files are not visible in F&F but are visible in the Videos app.

Apparently there was something else causing the problem. Any update, Bluetroll?
    11-15-11 07:07 PM
    The MP4 files not showing up seems to be an issue with files over 1GB. I've had the same issue where I can't see videos I recorded (long ones) on ANY file browser but the Video app would see it.

If I tried deleting through the Video app, it would not delete and would appear again after a restart.

The only way I could delete those files was by connecting the PB via USB or browsing it on my computer through WiFi sharing.
    11-15-11 07:34 PM
    hopefully the author is using the 64-bit variants of fstat() and the like.
    11-16-11 12:45 AM
    So where does the Box integration come in exactly. Do I need to set that up separately?
    11-16-11 05:22 AM
    So where does the Box integration come in exactly. Do I need to set that up separately?
    Just swipe down from the bezel and choose "Box.net". Sign in to your Box.net account to authorize F&F to access your stuff. You should see then see your Box files in F&F, and be able to open/copy/paste/etc.
    11-16-11 06:43 AM
    The MP4 files not showing up seems to be an issue with files over 1GB. I've had the same issue where I can't see videos I recorded (long ones) on ANY file browser but the Video app would see it.

If I tried deleting through the Video app, it would not delete and would appear again after a restart.

The only way I could delete those files was by connecting the PB via USB or browsing it on my computer through WiFi sharing.
    It is not just a size issue. The issue has been around for a long while and it does occur in most other File Manager type apps. The pb probably does not update some index that is available to 3rd party apps. I had this problem with the 3rd party MovieSRTPlayer which allows subtitles. Some movies, including shorter ones did not show up in its File-List. It did not seem related to size, name or file extension - the files showed in the native VideoApp but not in MovieSRTPlayer or 3 different FileManagers. That programmer changed background processes and was able to display the "missing" files.
    11-16-11 08:48 AM
    It is not just a size issue. The issue has been around for a long while and it does occur in most other File Manager type apps. The pb probably does not update some index that is available to 3rd party apps. I had this problem with the 3rd party MovieSRTPlayer which allows subtitles. Some movies, including shorter ones did not show up in its File-List. It did not seem related to size, name or file extension - the files showed in the native VideoApp but not in MovieSRTPlayer or 3 different FileManagers. That programmer changed background processes and was able to display the "missing" files.
    somehow my files have showed up.

I deleted all the files in that specific folder and re-transferred them. Magically, they all started appearing...
    11-16-11 11:10 AM
    somehow my files have showed up.

I deleted all the files in that specific folder and re-transferred them. Magically, they all started appearing...
    I have also found that that USUALLY works but not all the time. Rebooting, reloading the files, etc, will generally clear up the glitch - again, probably some index or pointer or housekeeping that the pb does not perform when new files are added.

By the way, videos in other folders will also show up in the VideoApp - some digital camera videos I accidentally transferred with photos to the Photos folder also show up.
    11-16-11 11:44 AM
    Thanks a lot for the update. I actually deleted your app as I think it was too laggy.

I chose to use Stuff as my primary file viewer but now your app is better. I was trying to find an easy way to copy files from my phone to the pb and bingo, this thread shows-up and your app does this in a great way. There are some great features in this app

The only issue I have is lag. There's noticeable lag when viewing bridge files and even when viewing pb files there is some lag. It needs to be 'effortless' to be really great - like the OS, those icons scroll beautifully
    11-16-11 11:52 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD