I'm using the latest paid version of Files & Folders (v6.0.2) and I think there's a bug with copying images. Images are copied or moved but sometimes the resulting file cannot be opened by the default Pictures app, only by Files & Folders.

Like this:
    1. Click on an image file, say in /accounts/1000/shared/downloads
    2. Click Copy to clipboard
    3. Go to another folder, say /accounts/1000/shared/photos
    4. Click Paste to photos. The image should be copied.
    5. Click on Open with app. The image should load properly in the Pictures app but sometimes it shows a broken icon instead. The image loads up in F&F's slide show module though.

I've tried copying and moving Doc and Xls documents and I didn't have any problems.
    01-25-13 02:30 AM
    This should not happen. A few questions to help troubleshoot:

1. Is it a JPEG file you are copying?
    2. Are there any "funky" characters in the file name, such as accents or punctuation?
    3. Does the image open properly in the Pictures app if you close & reopen F&F?
    4. Does the image open properly in the Pictures app if you wait a few minutes for it to be indexed?
    5. Does the image open properly in the Pictures app if you reboot your PlayBook?
    01-25-13 04:13 AM
    Hi there, answers to your questions:

1.Is it a JPEG file you are copying?
    JPEG and PNG files.

2. Are there any "funky" characters in the file name, such as accents or punctuation?
    No, just letters and spaces.

3. Does the image open properly in the Pictures app if you close & reopen F&F?
    No, the image can't be opened even after restarting F&F.

4. Does the image open properly in the Pictures app if you wait a few minutes for it to be indexed?
    No, the Pictures app shows a broken icon and the file isn't shown in the gallery thumbnails.

5. Does the image open properly in the Pictures app if you reboot your PlayBook?
    Yes, rebooting causes the problem to go away, but I don't know what causes it to begin with. The bug doesn't always happen... I rebooted twice and it hasn't happened since.
    01-25-13 05:09 AM
    Could you send us an example of the original and copied image? Then we can check whether they are exact duplicates, and try to recreate the issue here. Our e-mail is bb.support at innovatology.nl.
    01-25-13 09:13 AM
    It's a really strange bug. I've had it happen a few times but only on some screenshot images. Restarting F&F does nothing, rebooting the Playbook fixes it. I wonder if it's a filesystem bug.

1. Make a screenshot using the Vol+ and Vol- keys. I usually do this with videos and zoomed-in PDFs. The image file will be in /accounts/1000/shared/camera
    2. Open Files & Folders, go to the folder above, click on the image file and click on "Cut to clipboard".
    3. Go to a subfolder in /accounts/1000/shared/photos. Paste the file there.
    4. Open the file with the Picture app and it will sometimes show a broken image icon. I tried opening the file in a shell and it showed a "Permission denied" error even though the file exists and I can delete it. I tried to copy the file in Ghost Commander and it showed a "File not accessible" error.

Please see attached screenshots.
    Attached Thumbnails Files & Folders image copying bug-screenshot-ghostcommander.png   Files & Folders image copying bug-screenshot-pictures.jpg   Files & Folders image copying bug-screenshot-bgshell.jpg  
    01-30-13 07:43 PM
    Very strange indeed! Are the original and copy the same size in bytes? We'll try to reproduce the issue here.
    01-31-13 12:18 AM
    File sizes are all the same but the permissions don't look correct. It looks like chmod 660 with the owner set to user 10219, which looks different than the rest (user 10131), which explains why the file can't be read. Strangely the file can be deleted.
    02-01-13 08:09 PM