Please add ftp support so I can replace ghost commander :-)

Regards

Damian
    Herve5 likes this.
    09-21-12 09:05 AM
    Evening all...

Just saw the update to 5.1 and went to download it. Is the upgrade to 5.1 free or do I pay for it? It would seem that my Playbook wants me to buy the upgrade.... Mind you, it keeps throwing up and error 35005.

Any thoughts?

MJ
    09-21-12 01:34 PM
    So long as you have paid for the app in the past then it should be free, i have never been charged for upgrades to any app.
    irishstew likes this.
    09-21-12 01:36 PM
    Hmmm... something strange going on then. I'll try again tomorrow.
    09-21-12 01:41 PM
    All seems to be fine now, managed to download the update without an issue.

Thanks,
    MJ
    09-21-12 02:50 PM
    now 5.1.0 (10char)
    09-21-12 03:31 PM
    Thanks for the quick fix! Pasting documents seems to be working now.

I don't think this has anything to do with Files and Folders, but I am now unable to save an edited docx document on my Playbook. If I download from SkyDrive in F&F, I can save the document in my Docs To GO. If I don't make any edits, I can rename the document. But, if I make any edits at all to the body of the document, whether renamed or not, it will not save. When I try to save, or save as, I get error code 121045010. This only happens with a docx document.

Prior to the F&F fix, I could download and edit the docx file from Skydrive, but couldn't paste it back to Skydrive. Now I can't save the edit at all.

Any ideas/suggestions?
    09-21-12 03:50 PM
    I really like the new BB10 inspired design used in your great app, especially the dark theme. Two small suggestions about the menu bar: It would be nice, if you could optimize the latency. At best, it would be as responsive as in Pacemaker.
    I would expect the bar to close when doing the swipe from the top bezel again, as this is the way it works in RIMs apps like Mail and the Browser as well as the Casscades poster child Pacemaker. Since everyone should be used to that way (because of the preinstalled apps), the close button would be obsolete.
    You are already using a gesture for triggering a back action. It's not really a back action but stepping up one level of the folder hierarchy. It would be nice if you could add as an alternative the back gesture used in the Android runtime environment (lower bezel to either right or left bezel). This could also be used for returning from a slide show back to the folder view.
    Last edited by Rjinswand; 09-23-12 at 05:58 AM.
    Innovatology likes this.
    09-23-12 05:46 AM
    I don't think this has anything to do with Files and Folders, but I am now unable to save an edited docx document on my Playbook. If I download from SkyDrive in F&F, I can save the document in my Docs To GO. If I don't make any edits, I can rename the document. But, if I make any edits at all to the body of the document, whether renamed or not, it will not save. When I try to save, or save as, I get error code 121045010. This only happens with a docx document.
    To verify whether the problem is in F&F, try downloading the document via the browser and then editing it. If that doesn't work either, the problem is likely in Docs To Go.
    09-23-12 07:39 AM
    It would be nice if you could add as an alternative the back gesture used in the Android runtime environment (lower bezel to either right or left bezel). This could also be used for returning from a slide show back to the folder view.
    Thanks for the suggestions Rijnswand. I think this gesture is reserved for the Android runtime and isn't delivered to native apps.
    09-23-12 07:42 AM
    I bought this app today but it only allows one account per service. Any solutions? Other apps or future improvements to this app? Its a fantastic app already but as a suggestion would be nice to not show the services I don't need and support multiple Dropbox accounts (or others) from the swipe down menu. Thanks!
    09-23-12 01:23 PM
    To verify whether the problem is in F&F, try downloading the document via the browser and then editing it. If that doesn't work either, the problem is likely in Docs To Go.
    It seems to be working now. I don't know why...I didn't do anything different.

Thank you so much for the update. I love this app. This allows my PlayBook to meet pretty much all my business needs when I'm away from my office. Awesome!
    Innovatology likes this.
    09-23-12 11:15 PM
    Originally Posted by Herve5
    ... I cannot "copy" a simple small file with an unusual ending (.kdb), from within the basic 'documents' folder....
    Investigating!
    Can someone here tell me if the latest update allows to move a .kdb file?
    (my demo version is now over)

TIA!
    Herv�
    09-24-12 10:05 AM
    Can someone here tell me if the latest update allows to move a .kdb file?
    (my demo version is now over)
    OK, so I bought F&F now ;-)

What happens seems related to the KeePass application 'KPD' rather than to F&F.

As far as I can see, when I create a database on the PC with the classical KeePass, I can move it to the BB, see it here, open it with KPD and modify it.

But whenever I save the changes in KPD, suddenly the file becomes unvisible through any connection (e. g. USB, from the PC) and F&F while still seeing it cannot move it anymore, nor copy it, either internally or to e. g. DropBox.

Maybe this relates to the fact KPD is an android port but basically it turns out that only KPD from then on can open and edit this file, no other software can do anything with it...

Now this raises the interesting question of exactly what is the KPD app doing to this file to turn it awkward up to that point (not visible by others with the exception of F&F which just cannot move it anyway, but still editable by KPD!)

Herv�
    Last edited by Herve5; 09-26-12 at 03:58 AM.
    09-26-12 03:27 AM
    Don't know if this will help,but i use a program called vault for storing my passwords. It has a backup to dropbox feature which is encrypted and seems to work well.
    Its not free but it's an option.
    Herve5 likes this.
    09-26-12 04:01 AM
    I noticed the same thing. The only way I can get the KeePass data file to download is to do it manually (copy, paste, go into KeePass and manually search for the new file). BlueBox makes it easier by having a download option. It would be nice to be ablw to download with one click.
    A quick question: which Playbook version of KeePass are you using?
    I use KPD, and my issues appear when editing the .kdb file on the Playbook. Do you use another app?
    09-26-12 04:32 AM
    Sorry to post this here but an email bounced.

I was navigating through my folders on the pb. I have (well, renamed it now) a folder called

Scrabble Words - it contains a SPACE in the folder name.

I was getting an error - something like could not open or no application.

When I dropped the SPACE character from the name, it then navigated into that Folder.
    10-15-12 12:19 AM
    @Innovatology

Please put a loading bar or a spinning, buffering icon or something.

There are times when I'm not sure whether the app is loading or has it frozen, especially when using bridge function.
    10-15-12 08:01 AM
    +1

It's loading or just freeze... hard to say.
    10-15-12 08:29 AM
    Sorry to post this here but an email bounced.

I was navigating through my folders on the pb. I have (well, renamed it now) a folder called

Scrabble Words - it contains a SPACE in the folder name.

I was getting an error - something like could not open or no application.

When I dropped the SPACE character from the name, it then navigated into that Folder.
    FALSE Alarm, I guess.

Great support. I managed to get an email out to them and got a reply when I awoke. I tested again since they could not reproduce this issue and neither could I. I renamed it with a SPACE character and it opened fine. I created another folder with a SPACE in its name and it, too, opened fine.

FINE. Sorry for the false alert!
    Innovatology likes this.
    10-15-12 09:08 AM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD