Version 5.0 (September 14th, 2012)

NEW! Support for SkyDrive, Office Web Apps and Office 365! SkyDrive is Microsofts answer to Dropbox. It integrates very well with desktop and online versions of Microsoft Office, and provides 7GB of free storage. Learn more and sign up at skydrive.com.
    Swipe down, tap SkyDrive and sign in with your Windows Live ID
    We show you your own SkyDrive, and files/folders that others have shared with you, but due to SkyDrive restrictions we cannot yet show files or folders that must be fetched from your computer.
    Tap an Office file, then tap Open online to fire up the Office Web App Preview or Office 365 (depending on your Microsoft account).
    ENHANCED! Google Drive
    Now much faster, especially for users with many files.
    Your own files and files people shared with you are now in separate top-level folders.
    Because of these changes, any Google Drive folders you have starred will have to be re-starred.
    ENHANCED! Redesigned look & feel, new icons inspired by BB10.
    NEW! Choose your favorite color scheme! The light scheme has better visibility during the day, while the dark scheme is easier on the eye at night and handy for presentations, meetings and on stage. Choose your flavor from the General page in the Settings screen.
    NEW! Online manual, so you can read it in a separate browser window or on another device.
    FIXED! Many more major & minor improvements & bug fixes.
    09-17-12 12:58 AM
    Just got the update, looks to be ok but will give it a workout over the next few days as I have loads of music to upload to my box and skydrive accounts.
    09-17-12 04:06 AM
    Sweet action. This app is crazy useful.

Sent from.....the future.
    09-17-12 01:18 PM
    Just downloaded the update. I'm excited about the addition of Skydrive and was playing around with a test document. I could access my document and download it to my DocsToGo for editing easily enough. But kept getting an error message when trying to paste the edited document to Skydrive. I even renamed it before copying and pasting. The error message keeps coming up. Any suggestions?
    09-17-12 05:56 PM
    What is the error message?
    09-17-12 06:17 PM
    I like having an app with all the access this has, but a few things might need a little work.

I have my KeePass database on Dropbox. When I click on the file, I'm not given an option to download the file. The only way is to copy/paste manually. It's much easier in other apps to download files like that.

The other thing is copying files to my BB via Bridge. Something like copying an image from my PB to BB (I wanted to share an image via BBM Group, which is a section of BBM that doesn't bridge). It seems like it has to be done manually: select the file, choose Copy from the menu, navigate all the way through the BB/SD card folders, then manually Paste.

I like having access to all the different cloud sources in one app, along with access to my BB. It surprised me how much has to be done manually.
    09-17-12 08:06 PM
    The Error message reads:
    "Oops, something went wrong. The error message is:
    Error #2032."
    09-17-12 08:19 PM
    The Error message reads:
    "Oops, something went wrong. The error message is:
    Error #2032."
    Investigating...

Is the file in a sub folder or in the root?
    Are there any funky characters in the filename or folder containing the file?
    Is this in "My SkyDrive" or in "Shared with me"?
    09-18-12 01:22 AM
    This is a great app. The only thing I am still looking for is the app letting me open a file from my dropbox/drive account, edit it, and then when i go to close the app, it gives me a pop up box asking if I want to upload/sync changes. I have that option on dropbox and sugarsync for blackberry phones, and it is beyond handy. Once this app lets me do that, I'll be in bliss.

On that note, is there issues with developing that sort of feature? Some sort of missing dev tools?
    LiteBulb and Herve5 like this.
    09-18-12 11:12 AM
    "Is the file in a sub folder or in the root?
    Are there any funky characters in the filename or folder containing the file?
    Is this in "My SkyDrive" or in "Shared with me"?"

The document is in "My SkyDrive", and there are not funky characters in the file name. It is not in a sub-folder.
    09-18-12 12:21 PM
    I am getting the exact same error with a test doc i created in docstogo.
    Root of skydrive and no funny characters in filename.

Just tried to upload some of my other docs, all give me the error, ah well back to using playcloud for skydrive.
    Last edited by twdawson; 09-18-12 at 12:41 PM.
    09-18-12 12:38 PM
    I have been using this app for the last hour to move files around and putting stuff on to google drive, but i am getting errors when i select a file and try and remove it.
    Waiting to see what the devs have to say about these errors.
    09-18-12 03:15 PM
    This is a great app. The only thing I am still looking for is the app letting me open a file from my dropbox/drive account, edit it, and then when i go to close the app, it gives me a pop up box asking if I want to upload/sync changes. I have that option on dropbox and sugarsync for blackberry phones, and it is beyond handy. Once this app lets me do that, I'll be in bliss.

On that note, is there issues with developing that sort of feature? Some sort of missing dev tools?
    big big support for this feature.
    09-18-12 09:07 PM
    I could access my document and download it to my DocsToGo for editing easily enough. But kept getting an error message when trying to paste the edited document to Skydrive.
    We've managed to reproduce this issue with SkyDrive and will be submitting a fix to App World asap. Thanks for the report!

Update: Version 5.1 has fixed this (and also a problem with Google Drive). It has been submitted to App World for approval. The approval process usually takes a day or so. The new version should be available "soon".
    Last edited by Innovatology; 09-19-12 at 05:52 PM. Reason: fix submitted
    09-19-12 11:22 AM
    I have been using this app for the last hour to move files around and putting stuff on to google drive, but i am getting errors when i select a file and try and remove it.
    Where is the file you are trying to remove? In the root of "My Drive", the root of "Shared with me" or in a subfolder somewhere?

What is the error message?
    sam81 likes this.
    09-19-12 11:26 AM
    It is in the root of my drive. It wont let me remove it but if i select cut to clipboard and download it then it is removed from google drive. Hope that helps.
    09-19-12 11:30 AM
    We've managed to reproduce this issue with SkyDrive and will be submitting a fix to App World asap. Thanks for the report!
    Great news! Once this issue is fixed, this app will help make my PlayBook even more useful for business.

Thanks for your prompt response!
    09-19-12 11:57 AM

I would be in bliss with that function too! Editing and uploading would be a breeze.
    09-19-12 12:00 PM
    We've fixed two issues and have released version 5.1:

• some files wouldn't show up in F&F due to a bug in Google Drive. We've reported the issue to Google and have found a work-around.
    • files couldn't be pasted to the My SkyDrive root, only to subfolders. Fixed.

Version 5.1 has been submitted to App World for approval. The approval process usually takes a day or so. The new version should be available "soon".
    nappp and anon(3641385) like this.
    09-19-12 08:01 PM
    We've fixed two issues and have released version 5.1:

• some files wouldn't show up in F&F due to a bug in Google Drive. We've reported the issue to Google and have found a work-around.
    • files couldn't be pasted to the My SkyDrive root, only to subfolders. Fixed.

Version 5.1 has been submitted to App World for approval. The approval process usually takes a day or so. The new version should be available "soon".
    Well done.

Have you thought about helping out Rim and its bugs in your spare time?
    DocDRM and Innovatology like this.
    09-19-12 11:26 PM
    I'm very happy with the native app, the look and feel, and the reactivity of the devs, but I must say, trying the new v5 3-days demo, that I cannot "copy" a simple small file with an unusual ending (.kdb), from within the basic 'documents' folder.
    That's all the more unexpected that I did paste it there earlier on, coming from Dropbox...
    H.
    (edit) After some further testing, this is definitely related to the .kdb postfix in the name. When I rename it e. g. .doc everything works fine. Too bad, because these .kdb files are from KeePass which I definitely share between PCs, macs and the PB
    Last edited by Herve5; 09-20-12 at 11:59 AM.
    09-20-12 11:03 AM
    I'm very happy with the native app, the look and feel, and the reactivity of the devs, but I must say, trying the new v5 3-days demo, that I cannot "copy" a simple small file with an unusual ending (.kdb), from within the basic 'documents' folder.
    That's all the more unexpected that I did paste it there earlier on, coming from Dropbox...
    H.
    (edit) After some further testing, this is definitely related to the .kdb postfix in the name. When I rename it e. g. .doc everything works fine. Too bad, because these .kdb files are from KeePass which I definitely share between PCs, macs and the PB
    I noticed the same thing. The only way I can get the KeePass data file to download is to do it manually (copy, paste, go into KeePass and manually search for the new file). BlueBox makes it easier by having a download option. It would be nice to be ablw to download with one click.
    09-20-12 06:43 PM
    New version is out.

Version 5.1 (September 19th, 2012)

Maintenance release, fixed two problems:

Google Drive: Some files uploaded via the Google Drive desktop client or website were not showing up in Files & Folders. This was due to a bug in Google Drive, which we've reported to Google and managed to work around.
    SkyDrive: Could not paste files to the My SkyDrive root folder. Fixed.
    09-20-12 11:50 PM
    New version is out.

Version 5.1 (September 19th, 2012)
    Does it allow to copy/paste files with non-microsoft endings, like .kdb ?

[edit] ah, darn, it doesn't. Again it is �bercool that the update also updates the 3-days test version, so that I can try it again.
    I hope there is a workaround. For now, I can say that renaming myfile.kdb into myfile.doc allows me to transfer it, then I can rename it back to .kdb (I suppose), but it's definitely not straightforward :/
    Last edited by Herve5; 09-21-12 at 07:56 AM.
    09-21-12 01:06 AM
    ... I cannot "copy" a simple small file with an unusual ending (.kdb), from within the basic 'documents' folder....
    (
    Investigating!
    Herve5 likes this.
    09-21-12 08:19 AM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD