NOTE: This is a very old thread. For a more recent version, please see here.

Just a quick note to let you all know we've updated Files and Folders, the Playbook file manager with integrated Dropbox, to version 1.1:

• open files directly from dropbox
    • enjoy photos on your playbook or in your dropbox with the integrated image viewer / slide show
    • plus a few other improvements.
    Links:

Cheers, - Jon -
    Last edited by Innovatology; 12-16-11 at 06:14 AM. Reason: fixed a link
    Spaceheater likes this.
    07-18-11 01:57 PM
    Ow yeah, I love this app. Thank you so much for all the hard work and keep it coming!
    07-18-11 03:45 PM
    Great! Remember to rate it in App World then! ;-)
    07-19-11 12:16 AM
    i get an error message when i try to install the trial version.
    i've tried rebooting and re installing. no help. any advice?
    07-19-11 11:56 PM
    I have the same problem with the full version as well. Help anyone.
    07-21-11 01:56 PM
    Brilliant service, thanks very much.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-11 04:41 PM
    It's an issue with OS 1.07, but we've published a fix in App World. Look for Files & Folders v1.2, it should install. If you still see v1.1 in App World, try clearing your App World Cache, re-starting App World and trying again.

Let us know how you get on!
    07-21-11 08:41 PM
    It's an issue with OS 1.07, but we've published a fix in App World. Look for Files & Folders v1.2, it should install. If you still see v1.1 in App World, try clearing your App World Cache, re-starting App World and trying again.

got it downloaded. from what i've tried it works great! i've tried uploading things to my drop box, downloading things from it.
    when browsing files through bridge it was a bit slow, but it's a minor lag.
    i couldn't play videos or voice notes from the bridge, though. is there a fix for this?

small note: maybe have a prompt that pops up when you're deleting or cutting a file - to confirm delete. i can see myself making a stupid mistake with my stubby fingers.

after a little more messing around, i think i'm definitely going to buy this app. having a trial period is a great idea, by the way - you'll have me hooked within the day.
    Last edited by belseat; 07-21-11 at 11:23 PM.
    07-21-11 11:21 PM

I do this and continue to get prompted to update to 1.2.1, which fails install every time.
    07-22-11 01:24 PM
    I do this and continue to get prompted to update to 1.2.1, which fails install every time.
    same problem here - the upgrade fails every time...
    07-22-11 03:04 PM
    While many of you have been able to download and install v1.2, there still seem to be problems for some.

The folks at App World are working on it!

Sorry for the inconvenience.
    07-23-11 12:04 AM
    Thank you Innovatology, really appreciate that you keep us posted on a timely basis here in the forums, to say nothing of the fact that you provide us with critical file and folder functionality we expected from RIM in the first place.

You application also offered pivotal assistance in managing my home machine via Dropbox on a recent business trip.

P.S.

The trial method of application provision is surely the mark of a humane and serious developer. This well and truly ought to be industry standard--and I further salute you for that. After day three I wasn't about to let you go anywhere, whereas I was afraid to try out some of your competitors and be disappointed. Thus you got the dollars.

Word to the wise to you hacks out there!
    07-23-11 12:23 AM
    Thanks for the awesome program! Keep up the good work!
    07-23-11 06:31 AM
    Those of you who have mailed us about this issue should have received an e-mail from us. If not, drop us a line at bb.support (at) innovatologyl.nl.
    07-25-11 12:53 PM
    So my wife has an Excel spreadsheet that she has been working on using OS 2 Beta with OfficeSuite Pro. Files and Folders is able to get to the Android folder location and acts like it can see it. It seems like the file can be copied. When trying to upload it to Dropbox, it comes back with a popup saying "Error #2038". Also, she can't paste the file to another location. It is popping up an error with that, too.

When I plug the PB into my laptop, I can't see the file on the PB side.

I'm wondering if it is because of the Android side of the playbook.

Any ideas? I'm still trying other methods.
    12-15-11 09:37 PM
    So my wife has an Excel spreadsheet that she has been working on using OS 2 Beta with OfficeSuite Pro. Files and Folders is able to get to the Android folder location and acts like it can see it. It seems like the file can be copied. When trying to upload it to Dropbox, it comes back with a popup saying "Error #2038". Also, she can't paste the file to another location. It is popping up an error with that, too.

When I plug the PB into my laptop, I can't see the file on the PB side.

I'm wondering if it is because of the Android side of the playbook.

Any ideas? I'm still trying other methods.
    Did you try the free cloud app Box? It has 50 gigs of cloud storage AND it has tons of features!
    12-15-11 10:13 PM
    Did you try the free cloud app Box? It has 50 gigs of cloud storage AND it has tons of features!
    The error message for Dropbox and Box.net is "Paste error" "[IOErrorEvent type="ioError" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="Error #3001" errorID=3001]
    12-15-11 10:58 PM
    Wow, this is an old thread! It may be an issue with the OS2 beta. Could you please check:

• What is the path to the file?
    • What version of F&F?
    • What OS version exactly?

Also, have you tried rebooting your PlayBook? The Android player stays running in the background, and may still have the file open. A reboot would clear that up.
    12-16-11 05:31 AM
    Wow, this is an old thread! It may be an issue with the OS2 beta. Could you please check:

• What is the path to the file?
    • What version of F&F?
    • What OS version exactly?

Also, have you tried rebooting your PlayBook? The Android player stays running in the background, and may still have the file open. A reboot would clear that up.
    After doing some more research, it appears that OfficeSuite Pro corrupts the files. They can't be copied, moved or edited by any other program than OfficeSuite Pro. They can't be seen by the computer when plugged in with a USB cable, either.
    12-17-11 11:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD