Need some help with FF. I rarely use it, but I had need to use it tonight. I can't seem to find the Playbook's Documents folder. I have no clue where to look either. When I tap the home button at the top right, it takes me to the previously opened folder, it doesn't take me to the Playbook's common files and folders - like where the PB has its pictures, documents and such.
    10-26-12 10:12 PM
    It is in /accounts/1000/shared/documents.

You can also back up as far as it will go, then follow the highlighted (bold) folders. That will take you to your documents folder.

Note that you can find this sort of thing in the built-in help. Just swipe down and tap help. The section about the PlayBook file system explains this.
    Marty_LK likes this.
    10-26-12 10:46 PM
    use it more often. awesome app! you can see the developer is involved in the forums. says a lot.
    kbz1960 and Innovatology like this.
    10-26-12 11:25 PM
    Still waiting (and hoping) for SMB support. ES File Explorer can't even see the documents folder, so I really wish I could find one tool that does it all (local and network files).

RCK

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    Innovatology likes this.
    10-27-12 04:07 AM
    SMB support would be great,, I'd even settle for FTP support.
    10-27-12 10:23 AM
    SMB support would be great,, I'd even settle for FTP support.
    I second the ftp need (note that for ftp alone -no clouds- you also have the much faster File Browser)
    H.
    10-27-12 10:40 AM
    also, note that you can 'star' the folder, for quick access next time u need to get in there..
    Marty_LK likes this.
    10-27-12 12:28 PM
    You have also PlayCloud built with AirSDK (app is faster and flower)

The next release have more features (cloud support) and indeed, I have SMB support in my todo list.

For your information :
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...review-751557/

Nicolas
    10-27-12 01:38 PM
    Playcloud is nice too, purchased it previously. The preview looks awesome, can't wait until it released!
    10-28-12 12:48 PM
    If you can get SMB implemented and can view my computers on my network, i will be purchasing this app.
    10-28-12 08:23 PM
    If you can get SMB implemented and can view my computers on my network, i will be purchasing this app.
    Ghost Commander in app world is free and can access shared files on computers on your network.
    10-28-12 08:54 PM
    Ghost Commander in app world is free and can access shared files on computers on your network.
    i know i already have that app.
    but it don't list all my network computers. have to manually enter each ip to connect to each computer.
    I should of also noted that if this app could of played files over the network, that would take the icing on the cake. but that would be hard to do.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...G1zb2Z0LmZtIl0.
    But good luck with the app anyway
    10-28-12 10:14 PM
    i know i already have that app.
    but it don't list all my network computers. have to manually enter each ip to connect to each computer.
    I should of also noted that if this app could of played files over the network, that would take the icing on the cake. but that would be hard to do.
    X-Plore and ES File Explorer both can store multiple ip addresses for network connections, and both can stream vids and music from your networked computers (as can Ghost Commander). Both apps need to be sideloaded, though.
    10-28-12 11:16 PM
    don't wanna sideload. My first playbook i sideloaded a few apps and the touch screen went all screwy and the os would not load. tried to do a desktop manager debricking still no good.
    seems like as soon as i open the sideloaded app the touch screen went. After trying alot of things i found on this board i had no success with getting it back so i exchanged for a new one.
    im done with sideloading.
    Thanks though.
    10-29-12 03:23 PM
    Has anybody found a way to unstar a folder? I manage to star a few folders only because I need to move some files back between the playbook and the cloud. Now I'm still searching for that option. Any ideas?
    10-30-12 01:48 PM
    Is there a way for Files and Folders to show files from a Network Attached Storage (NAS) device? If not, what is the best recommendation for something that would do this? I'm looking at getting a WD My Book Live and apparently you can connect to it via a web address, but having the functionality built into an app like Files and Folders would be awesome.
    10-30-12 02:02 PM
    Kyle, I'd check out X-Plore. It handles SMB shares, FTP, and even several of the Web storage sites (Box, DropBox, SkyDrive,...). It's dual pane so it's easy to move things from one place to another. It also has a built in viewer that handles many video types including mkv.
    kyleheney likes this.
    10-30-12 02:20 PM
    Has anybody found a way to unstar a folder?
    Here's how:

1. Swipe down
    2. Tap Starred
    3. Press and hold the folder to select it
    4. Tap Unstar item
    zynks, nappp and BerryClever like this.
    10-31-12 05:41 AM
    Here's how:

1. Swipe down
    2. Tap Starred
    3. Press and hold the folder to select it
    4. Tap Unstar item
    I was looking for this answer too. One thing though, it says "Are you sure you want to delete folder....". I think it would be better to say "Are you sure you want to unstar folder...".

Also, is there a way to save the view? I changed to icon view but if I go out of the folder and back in, it goes back to list view.

And may I suggest 3 things (other than having portrait mode)?
    -The ability to hide the cloud storage devices we don't use from the swipe down menu (not really a big deal, but for those who only uses one or two, it is over kill to see them all).

-The option to download without opening.

-The option to remove the path name (maybe rather put the path name in the information pane on the left side). This is especially true for the icon view. It is too long of a name "camera (playbook:/accounts/1000/shared/)".

I will say, this app is one of the 2 best apps I have ever bought on any of my devices! The quality, *options* (I love options and not many apps or software give you much anymore), and speed are amazing.
    Last edited by BerryClever; 11-01-12 at 01:10 PM.
    Innovatology likes this.
    11-01-12 12:57 PM
    "Are you sure you want to delete folder....". I think it would be better to say "Are you sure you want to unstar folder...".
    Yep, I'll put it on our to-do list.

Also, is there a way to save the view? I changed to icon view but if I go out of the folder and back in, it goes back to list view.
    Not currently. We could persist the view when navigating between folders, or add a setting that allows you to override the default view of all folders... I'll see what I can do.

The ability to hide the cloud storage devices we don't use from the swipe down menu (not really a big deal, but for those who only uses one or two, it is over kill to see them all).
    This is already implemented in the upcoming version

The option to download without opening.
    Good idea.

The option to remove the path name (maybe rather put the path name in the information pane on the left side). This is especially true for the icon view. It is too long of a name "camera (playbook:/accounts/1000/shared/)".
    Do you mean from the title bar?

I will say, this app is one of the 2 best apps I have ever bought on any of my devices! The quality, *options* (I love options and not many apps or software give you much anymore), and speed are amazing.
    Thanks for the feedback & suggestions!
    Barljo, Toodeurep and kbz1960 like this.
    11-02-12 12:04 AM
    The option to remove the path name (maybe rather put the path name in the information pane on the left side). This is especially true for the icon view. It is too long of a name "camera (playbook:/accounts/1000/shared/)".

Do you mean from the title bar?
    Sorry, I meant under the star folders (I have it so that it opens to that section). I didn't even realize it was also in the title bar, which is better than what I said about having it on the left pane.

Files & Folders app-img_00000005.jpg
    11-02-12 01:31 AM
    Sorry, I meant under the star folders (I have it so that it opens to that section).
    Ah,I get what you mean. If you were to switch to Icon view in the star folders screen, the name would be too long. I'll put it on our to-do list.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    11-02-12 07:30 AM
    Any plans to add aDrive cloud ?
    11-02-12 08:07 AM
    Any plans to add aDrive cloud ?
    No, they have no mechanism for 3rd party access.
    11-02-12 07:02 PM