Ok I am trying the trial of this app before i buy it, but need some advice.

When i edit a document on the playbook and go to save it to google docs, it does not replace the file that is already there but saves as "copy of xxxxx". How can i fix this as it will be a pain in the rear to first have to delete the google doc file then save the version i have made changes to.

Is this possible as i cant see any setting to allow this.

Thanks.
    04-26-12 10:22 AM
    The current version does not have such an option, but an easier copy-back-to-cloud feature is on our to-do list.
    04-26-12 10:43 AM
    I am trying to use this thing for business use and everything i am trying is just not working.

Evernote is a joke and the browser for editing any kind of doc files in google or windows live just dos not work. Can't scroll properly or input text without it getting screwed up.

I might just admit that i have wasted money and give this to my grandson, at least all the angry birds games work.

Just going back to my laptop, heavier and not as easy to carry around but it works, foolish me for thinking the Playbook would be a good business tool.
    04-26-12 10:50 AM
    I'm sorry you feel that way. Please remember that there are many many ways to use an app like Files & Folders, and we're doing our best to cater to everyones needs. We're getting there, but quality software development takes time, especially when the task at hand involves components from multiple sources (Google, RIM & us). There are no shortcuts.

As for using the browser to edit docs: a complex web app such as Office or Google Docs will potentially have issues on any touch device, whether it's a PlayBook, an iPad, an Android device or even a Windows PC with a touchscreen. Scrolling and selection simply works differenlty with touch, and many web apps have not been tested with or optimized for this use case. A BlueTooth keyboard/touchpad combo may help though.
    Last edited by Innovatology; 04-26-12 at 11:30 AM. Reason: typo
    04-26-12 11:29 AM
    Sorry but i was not aiming my complaint at your app, but at the way the playbook works for this type of stuff in general.
    I have friends that have Ipads and Android tablets who dont have these problems.
    04-26-12 11:32 AM
    Hi Innovatology,

Has anyone had any luck with using the experimental email on a microsoft exchange server?
    If so I'm wondering what the settings may be?
    04-26-12 11:54 AM
    Sorry daramarat, I seemed to have missed this post. Exchange was tested during development of the e-mail feature, but only without encryption - the server we had available for testing had encryption blocked. If it doesn't work with your server for some reason, you could always open a dummy Gmail account and use their SMTP servers. They will happily relay e-mail from other addresses as long as you log in with a Google account. Just set up F&F with Gmail as described in the Settings page, test it, then enter your regular e-mail address instead of the Gmail address.
    05-11-12 09:45 PM
    Just bought this the other day after using the free trial, I wish more Developers would do a trial of the software to allow us to see if the app is what we need.

This is a good app and cant wait for the updates to allow skydrive access.

Will the updates be free in the future or do I have to buy it again?.
    05-12-12 05:06 AM
    So far all upgrades have been free. We see no need to change this policy at the moment.
    05-12-12 09:40 AM
    An excellent app.

I am done testing my trial version and after having no success getting answers to my simple question from another developer I bought files and folders. Again, thank you.
    Innovatology likes this.
    05-12-12 12:00 PM
    That's the best thing about this product as the developers always answer questions whether by email or on these forums.
    Innovatology likes this.
    05-12-12 12:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD