file explorer $0.99
    file browser $0.99
    files and folder $2.99
    my file manager $1.99
    air browser FREE

many others too!

What's the difference? I heard a lot of positive reviews for "files and folder" but its the most expensive one and from the screenshots, I prefer the "my folder manager". Does the extra one or two dollar really make a difference? how is it compared to the FREE air browser (which is the one that I'm using at the moment)
    01-12-12 12:48 PM
    I have both File Browser and Files and Folders. F and F is worth the extra Starbucks Grande.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Innovatology likes this.
    01-12-12 12:54 PM
    I would personally recommend Files & Folders.
    Tried/Purchased a number of the others on your list but now I just use Files & Folders. I still kept the other one as backup, but barely use it.
    If you expect to work with a lot of files on your playbook, and across the supported cloud storage services, then Files & Folders is really for you. Otherwise, if it's just simple renaming, file cut & paste (or move) functions that you're after, then I guess you can settle for the others.
    Personally, I think the extra $2 is well worth the app.
    Hope this helps.
    Innovatology likes this.
    01-12-12 12:57 PM
    I've used files and folders and my file manager. My file manger is what I stuck with. Its simple, fast and very productive. Definitely worth 1.99.
    01-12-12 01:04 PM
    If looking for free then nothing beats Air Browser, otherwise I like My File Manager more, it provides bundle of functionality and with good presentation.
    01-12-12 01:22 PM
    I'm waiting for the native file manager in OS2

...but currently my primary file manager is Stuff...it's the easiest one to choose between viewing files on the playbook or the BB phone - it's two buttons, at opposite corners

You keep your finger on the file to get a pop-up menu...it's easy to copy files from the phone to the BB - to paste you actually have to be in the folder and touch another file and paste
    01-12-12 01:31 PM
    Unless I'm not seeing it, AIR Browser is pretty basic... One of the things I wanted to dig through was the system directories, but it won't even let you go outside of the user folders.
    01-12-12 01:34 PM
    I like File Commander because it reminded me of Total Commander on my PC so I was use to it. I wish they had TC on the PB. Its available on Android for free.
    Last edited by sjc1963; 01-12-12 at 01:56 PM.
    01-12-12 01:53 PM
    I installed Air Browser when I got my Playbook last month because I did not want to pay for a file manager when OS2 will have one natively. I don't mind paying for apps but I don't want to pay for something I will only use 2 months!
    01-12-12 02:05 PM
    If you have OS2 and can side-load it, then ES File Explorer is pretty good.
    01-12-12 02:10 PM
    Another vote here for Files & Folders. Well worth the $2.99 I have File Browser as well, it is ok but isn't as robust as Files & Folders.
    Innovatology likes this.
    01-12-12 02:59 PM
    Another Files and Folders vote here. It's probably the best 3 bucks I've spent on my PlayBook so far...
    Innovatology likes this.
    01-12-12 03:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD