I can't believe the playbook has been released without a file explorer.
    Anybody know of a good third party file explorer ?
    I have alot of word and excel docs as well as job pictures, not being able to create sub folders to organize them makes using the playbook useless as a business tool for me.
    Along with my torch I carry a old HTC windows phone (touch pro 2) only for its ability to organize and create folders. Was hoping to be able to not have to carry the TP2 if I purchased the Playbook.
    Thanks
    04-24-11 09:26 PM
    I haven't found one yet, but I will be surprised if we don't see one shortly. This seems like a place where a developer could make some decent money with a cheap little app for basic file management.

Anybody know of a good third party file explorer ?
    I have alot of word and excel docs as well as job pictures, not being able to create sub folders to organize them makes using the playbook useless as a business tool for me.
    Along with my torch I carry a old HTC windows phone (touch pro 2) only for its ability to organize and create folders. Was hoping to be able to not have to carry the TP2 if I purchased the Playbook.
    Thanks
    04-24-11 09:34 PM
    When they create an app that will allow me to play files present in an external hard drive that I will plug through the micro usb, I will buy the PB!!!!!
    04-24-11 10:24 PM
    When they create an app that will allow me to play files present in an external hard drive that I will plug through the micro usb, I will buy the PB!!!!!
    I hope for this too but i doubt this is going to happen.
    04-24-11 10:27 PM
    I will try to get one submitted to App World this week.
    04-24-11 10:29 PM
    Oh man if this works... Its the only thing with skype and email missing for me to get the PB and I know emails and skype or coming shortly..
    04-24-11 10:45 PM
    The one that is available now is decent. its called File Browser and can be found in App World.

A native file explorer would be so nice though.
    05-16-11 11:48 PM
    Did you ever submit a file manager/explorer app to AppWorld? If so, just wondering what the approval timeline is.
    05-17-11 09:09 AM
    The one that is available now is decent. its called File Browser and can be found in App World.

A native file explorer would be so nice though.
    All I get is an error when I attempt to download it.
    Seen others having the same issue.

Did RIM yank it?

Tim
    05-17-11 10:40 AM
    I got the same error, but then it mysteriously showed up in my apps just last night, and i could access it. I believe I actualled downloaded it some time ago.
    05-17-11 11:16 AM
    Try AirBrowser. I'm liking that one better.

Also, I get random error messages in appworld all the time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-25-11 04:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD