I sent an email to the support email address but have not heard back. I just tried again - another fail.
    05-17-11 05:03 PM
    same installation error here. Running the most current release, .1868.
    I'm one of a few (maybe two) for whom it is working. My versions is 1.0.3 It was free when I downloaded
    05-17-11 06:20 PM
    I sent an email to the support email address but have not heard back. I just tried again - another fail.
    same as me. Heck, if it works id pay .99 for it!
    05-17-11 07:05 PM
    Odd. I had to log into my app world account (App World prompted me) and was able to download. Had to pay for the app. Everything worked and have the app. Not sure what I have because I can't find my doc files and it does not show sd card files on blackberry phone. Will reboot Playbook and see if that works.

The Hankster

UPDATE: Found my doc files on Playbook. I don't think it can read files on blackberry phone sd card. Hopefully a future add on when capability allows (assuming only way now is through the bridge files app.
    Last edited by hankster1988; 05-17-11 at 07:16 PM. Reason: More info
    05-17-11 07:09 PM
    I just tried - same error. Even cleared the cache.

edited to add: FINALLY (it had better be worth it!). I rebooted and then I was presented with a PURCHASE option. Paypal.

further edited: Loaded. Not that the programmer is hanging around here (yet). The display of filenames under the icons are too short although tapping will show the complete name and file type.

Tapping on an html file opens it in the browser. Jpg's can be open in the photo app. Mp3 open in the music app. doc open doc-to-go. Tapping Delete first checks.

As mentioned, no access to the BB although it offers the sd card but no folders under that.
    Last edited by F2; 05-17-11 at 08:31 PM.
    05-17-11 08:08 PM
    UPDATE: Found my doc files on Playbook. I don't think it can read files on blackberry phone sd card. Hopefully a future add on when capability allows (assuming only way now is through the bridge files app.
    @Hankster You can access your files from your BB SD card after you have connected to the bridge [U]and[U] opened up one of the bridge programs. Then, when you open the file browser program, look for the folder called "BlackBerry". In there will be a folder called "SDCard" where you will have access to all the files on the SD Card.

Atleast that's how I have been able to get to them...
    05-17-11 08:28 PM
    cmcichon:

Right you are - open the BridgeFile app. Then you can use the FileBrowser app to see the card. But like the BridgeFile app, it cannot open media files (pictures, music).

But it did open a pdf file on the sd card.

Actually, I can see that using bt, trying to open larger media files could be problematic.
    05-17-11 08:48 PM
    @F2:

Thanks for taking it further than I did. Guess I just assumed it would be able to open files.

Hopefully, when the file browser app supports copy and paste, it would be possible to copy files from the SD card then paste them into the PB's directory, where it could be opened.
    05-17-11 09:20 PM
    I know it was mentioned but I think it can be emphasized that FileBrowser can drill into folders and open files in their appropriate apps.

In other words, I created subfolders in the PB's Document folder. I created pdf, doc, html, excel and powerpoint folders under Documents. And moved appropriate files into those. Then I used FileBrowser to navigate to them and tapped files and the files opened in the appropriate app.

I already have my music by composer and used FileBrowser to navigate to a folder. As I indicated elsewhere, the filenames under the icons are cutoff so that it is hard to figure out what's what without tapping to see the full name. I am trying to determine if the "tunes" will play in album order or what. Nope - just played the one tune I selected. But Prokofiev sounds pretty good!

I wonder if we can get the programmer in here....
    05-18-11 12:35 AM
    I know it was mentioned but I think it can be emphasized that FileBrowser can drill into folders and open files in their appropriate apps.

In other words, I created subfolders in the PB's Document folder. I created pdf, doc, html, excel and powerpoint folders under Documents. And moved appropriate files into those. Then I used FileBrowser to navigate to them and tapped files and the files opened in the appropriate app.

I already have my music by composer and used FileBrowser to navigate to a folder. As I indicated elsewhere, the filenames under the icons are cutoff so that it is hard to figure out what's what without tapping to see the full name. I am trying to determine if the "tunes" will play in album order or what. Nope - just played the one tune I selected. But Prokofiev sounds pretty good!

I wonder if we can get the programmer in here....
    How did you create files? When I tap on the a file folder, i.e. pps it opens up and shows me three file folders but I can't add any files to it. And if I click on one of the sub-folders it'll open it up but it's blank so you can't see it.

I also had to pay for this... not that it was expensive, but I expect it to work.
    05-18-11 12:55 AM
    I created the folders using Wifi-sharing and then moved the files the same way - wifi-sharing. Then FileBrowser can show the contents and open the files. So far FileBrowser does not move/copy files or create/delete folders. We can hope but I was willing to invest the $1.08 with tax to see how this works and support the programmer and hope for more
    05-18-11 07:59 AM
    I STILL cant get this to install! Ive tried typing every combination of rst i can think of everywhere in App World. nothing ever happens. it still shows a charge of 0.99 until I actually try to load it and it says free and i get the same error on install. emailed the programmer, but no reply. This is BEYOND frustrating!
    05-18-11 08:15 AM
    I did a combo. I typed "RST" (which clears the cache) and then I rebooted the pb. I, again also typed "RST" when I opened appworld and again once I found FileBrowser.
    Drashak likes this.
    05-18-11 08:20 AM
    Where, exactly, in app world do yo type 'rst'? at any place? in My App Word? what happens when you do this? Ive never had anything happen.
    05-18-11 08:41 AM
    Downloaded and installed it about 30 minutes ago with no issue.

Now if I can find where my videos and music files are with it.

Tim
    05-18-11 09:11 AM
    Where, exactly, in app world do yo type 'rst'? at any place? in My App Word? what happens when you do this? Ive never had anything happen.
    I type it while in "My World".
    Then I close the app then reopen it. (after a few seconds)

If that doesn't work, then do the items again, but shut it down (not reboot) then fire it back up before going into App World.

Tim
    05-18-11 09:17 AM
    I've been able to delete the pre-loaded music, but i'd like to delete the pre-loaded wallpaper if they are not protected. Does anyone know the path to get rid of those file ?
    05-18-11 09:41 AM
    I type it while in "My World".
    Then I close the app then reopen it. (after a few seconds)

If that doesn't work, then do the items again, but shut it down (not reboot) then fire it back up before going into App World.

Tim
    tried all of that. tried clicking my heels. Tried muttering an incantation over my Playbook. Oh, well. Sour grapes mode ON: I don't REALLY need a file browser. If RIM wanted me to have a file browser they would have included one. Real PB owners don't use such a crutch as a file browser! Ok, sour grapes mode OFF. Those of you who can get it to work, enjoy!
    05-18-11 10:00 AM
    tried all of that. tried clicking my heels. Tried muttering an incantation over my Playbook. Oh, well. Sour grapes mode ON: I don't REALLY need a file browser. If RIM wanted me to have a file browser they would have included one. Real PB owners don't use such a crutch as a file browser! Ok, sour grapes mode OFF. Those of you who can get it to work, enjoy!
    I think it's really a waiting game with the 'RST' fix in app world. I didn't have the particular problem with this app but I tried to clear it any way and it took a while before I got the pop message (forgot what it said).
    05-18-11 10:44 AM
    Ok I did an rst then restarted and it now shows up as $.99, when it was showing as free before I did that. I haven't purchased it to see if it will install.
    05-18-11 10:48 AM
    I created the folders using Wifi-sharing and then moved the files the same way - wifi-sharing. Then FileBrowser can show the contents and open the files. So far FileBrowser does not move/copy files or create/delete folders. We can hope but I was willing to invest the $1.08 with tax to see how this works and support the programmer and hope for more
    Ah ok. I'll try that. Darn, I had hoped it would create it in the program! Thanks.
    05-18-11 10:55 AM
    I guess I waited to long to release my file browser. In any case I will still release it as I plan to have a lot of features marketed towards the enterprise some include:

* Dual Panel Viewing
    Virtual File Systems ( Create your own profile for home/work/personal)
    DropBox Support
    Possibly FTP/SFTP support
    Inline Editor for text content
    *List and Tile Viewing
    *Sorting/Searching
    *Copy/Edit/Move/Delete/Rename/Folder Creation
    *Multi Selection for quick file editing operations
    *Open File with associated application

* denotes in first version

Here is a quick snapshot of the layout (click to enlarge)

Last edited by cideas; 05-18-11 at 01:28 PM.
    05-18-11 01:24 PM
    please do hurry up and release it.

the first one, which is free, Xplorer, is fairly useless at this point...and the newest one, File Browser, you cannot even download.

yours looks to be the best UI/UX that we have seen....late...i dont think so, you may be the first to have a working, practical file manager in the pb aw.

what is the charge going to be for the software?
    05-18-11 01:30 PM
    please do hurry up and release it.

the first one, which is free, Xplorer, is fairly useless at this point...and the newest one, File Browser, you cannot even download.

yours looks to be the best UI/UX that we have seen....late...i dont think so, you may be the first to have a working, practical file manager in the pb aw.

what is the charge going to be for the software?
    Thanks for the comment, I'm thinking $2.99-4.99
    05-18-11 01:34 PM
    I guess I waited to long to release my file browser. In any case I will still release it as I plan to have a lot of features marketed towards the enterprise some include:

* Dual Panel Viewing
    Virtual File Systems ( Create your own profile for home/work/personal)
    DropBox Support
    Possibly FTP/SFTP support
    Inline Editor for text content
    *List and Tile Viewing
    *Sorting/Searching
    *Copy/Edit/Move/Delete/Rename/Folder Creation
    *Multi Selection for quick file editing operations
    *Open File with associated application

* denotes in first version

Here is a quick snapshot of the layout (click to enlarge)

Ohh.. that's nice looking, way better then the File Browser I downloaded which I have to edit in wi-fi mode. I want to be able to add/delete and rename file folders within the file browser app not have to use wi-fi sharing to do it. And you have more features... and it sounds easier to use.

Please hurry and complete because I would buy it!
    05-18-11 01:34 PM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD