Hello all,

File Browser v2.1.2 now has FTP support for PlayBook. Right now the feature is in BETA and allows download only but the version coming out next week (v2.2.x) is more polished with download and upload capability.

Please try it out and send any suggestions, comments, issues to [email protected].

Thanks!
    06-04-11 01:32 PM
    Well, I just bought this app and like the other file explorer app that I bought, it does not show my movies at all.

All it showed in the "Videos" folder is the sample video file that came with Playbook. All of my high-profile .mp4 files could not be seen at all in the "Videos" folder.

I am starting to see a pattern that video files cannot be seen accurately on any of the file explorer apps as well as the MovieSRTPlayer app.

Perhaps the next QNX OS update would fix this widely occuring problem
    06-04-11 06:30 PM
    I can confirm that not all videos in the real video folder show up in this app. I, too, believe it might be something in the OS unless there is some way to refresh the actual directory/ntfs info.
    06-04-11 06:50 PM
    I can confirm that not all videos in the real video folder show up in this app. I, too, believe it might be something in the OS unless there is some way to refresh the actual directory/ntfs info.
    All of my movies show up in AIR Browser app that is free. Shows 13 Movies in my video folder.
    06-04-11 08:43 PM
    All of my movies show up in AIR Browser app that is free. Shows 13 Movies in my video folder.
    I don't know what type of movies you have (size, extension, container???) but after I read your post I decided to download it (since it is free) and run it and guess what I found???......Yup...it DOES NOT work right.

The only file that I see in the "Videos" folder is the Playbook HiDef Demo.mp4 that is the default file in the playbook.
    None of my h.264 movie files in .mp4 is visible. And again, I like to emphasize that my h.264 movies are visible when I run the default movie player of the Playbook and they can all be played using the default movie player app.
    06-04-11 10:02 PM
    I have Air Browser and the mp4 movies DO show. However, I created a directory for TV Shows and this directory doesn't show. Weird.

The "Videos" App needs a folders or a way of separating tv shows etc.
    06-05-11 12:28 AM
    I don't know what type of movies you have (size, extension, container???) but after I read your post I decided to download it (since it is free) and run it and guess what I found???......Yup...it DOES NOT work right.

The only file that I see in the "Videos" folder is the Playbook HiDef Demo.mp4 that is the default file in the playbook.
    None of my h.264 movie files in .mp4 is visible. And again, I like to emphasize that my h.264 movies are visible when I run the default movie player of the Playbook and they can all be played using the default movie player app.
    Here is the screen shot showing the movies folder. All the movies are H.264.
    06-05-11 08:12 AM
    Hi,

i found way to make mine show in all browsers,maybe this could help?

i posted my resolution in the following thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f243/ne...98/index4.html
    Last edited by Jebus_GT; 06-10-11 at 05:40 AM.
    06-10-11 05:35 AM
    Hi,

i found way to make mine show in all browsers,maybe this could help?

i posted my resolution in the following thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f243/ne...98/index4.html
    I will have to do something. I did a Security wipe because after the OS upgrade the pb would not show jpg or jpg attachments. After restoring and copying my videos, etc back, even more video files are "hiding" and not showing in this browser. They developer of MovieSRTPlayer has overcome the limitation by using another way to show folder contents.
    06-10-11 08:41 AM
    Odd, my mp4 encapsulated H.264 movies show in the AIR based file browser, always have, no extra fiddling. I've added and deleted a few over the last month...

(And the "open" button does the right thing.)
    06-10-11 02:47 PM
    All my movies showup including the ripped ones.

FTP doesn't work. It connects with the first level of the directory but does not show any subfolders or files beyond that.
    06-11-11 11:09 AM
    quick question: how do i copy and paste using file browser?? i see the icons but not quite get on how to use 'em ...
    06-11-11 03:27 PM
    Simply click on "Selection mode" button on the top right. Now you can select any file / folder. Once you are done selecting, click on copy/cut/delete/zip. If you copy/cut, simply traverse to the folder you want to copy/move the files/folders to and click on the paste button.
    06-12-11 11:53 AM
    I purchase this for the bridge file access and ftp but both do not work...

When I go to the ../Blackberry/SDcard directory, it's empty. The built in bridge app works just fine.

The ftp doesn't even connect...
    06-12-11 11:37 PM
    FTP doesn't work. It connects with the first level of the directory but does not show any subfolders or files beyond that.
    I got FTP to connect as well but it does not show any sub folders or files.. I feel this app was not fully tested upon updating it with FTP access and bridge file access.
    06-13-11 12:20 PM
    I got FTP to connect as well but it does not show any sub folders or files.. I feel this app was not fully tested upon updating it with FTP access and bridge file access.
    Have you tried FTP in the PlayBook browser? Seems to work well but you can only download. Just use ftp://site.com in the URL entry area.
    BuzzStarField likes this.
    06-13-11 05:24 PM
    Have you tried FTP in the PlayBook browser? Seems to work well but you can only download. Just use ftp://site.com in the URL entry area.
    Works just fine!
    06-14-11 12:03 PM
    Has anyone got the FTP part od file browser to work right? I bought this app mostly for the ftp part but cant seem to get it to work. Every time I fill in the info and tap the connect button nothing happens it just sits there doing nothing.

I bought this because I have read good things about it and hope they are still improving it.
    07-26-11 08:28 AM
    This app has been advertised as featuring FTP support for several weeks now (that's why I downloaded it!). I still can't get it connect to my server. Support responded to my first email with "we're working on it" - I sent an email after each of three releases and have not received responses. Quite disappointing really.
    07-26-11 12:05 PM
    A fix has been added to v2.3.7 that is waiting approval from AppWorld. We are hoping it will be available on AppWorld soon. Thanks for your patience.
    07-26-11 12:53 PM
    A fix has been added to v2.3.7 that is waiting approval from AppWorld. We are hoping it will be available on AppWorld soon. Thanks for your patience.
    Well that is good news, I can't wait for the new update.
    07-26-11 02:38 PM
    Received the new release today and can now connect to the server. But I get an error message. When I look in the log, the app seems to be requesting LIST //ub instead of the root folder.

Indeed, the app lists folders in the root as ub, pload and sr instead of the contents of my root directory.
    07-27-11 08:55 AM
    Hi,
    I have version 2.3.2 and I bought this software because of the FTP feature.
    However, when I open a FTP session, the system manages to connect to my Encore NAS ENNHD-1GS FTP sever, but seems to have a problem distinguishing between a directory and a file. Neither is accessible (I cannot transfer these objects to my Playbook as they they are not selectable).
    When I do the same in FileZilla from my PC, this works fine.
    How do I contact support for this app? The Help menu provides no email address for support.
    This is what the Filezilla log looks like when I connect fine (I have excluded my server�s domain name for obvious reasons):

Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message...
    Response: 220 SERVIDOR FTP server ready.
    Command: USER ftptest
    Response: 331 Password required for ftptest.
    Command: PASS ****
    Response: 230 User ftptest logged in.
    Command: SYST
    Response: 215 UNIX Type: L8
    Command: FEAT
    Response: 500 'FEAT': command not understood.
    Command: CWD /
    Response: 250 CWD command successful.
    Command: PWD
    Response: 257 "/" is current directory.
    Command: TYPE I
    Response: 200 Type set to I.
    Command: PORT 192,168,1,12,243,249
    Response: 200 PORT command successful.
    Command: LIST
    Response: 150 Opening BINARY mode data connection for 'file list'.
    Response: 226 Transfer complete.

Thanks!

Javier
    09-29-11 06:25 AM
    They posted a 2.3.7 update back in July but I have not seen it posted in App world. I'm not sure where the update is.
    09-29-11 01:30 PM
    They posted a 2.3.7 update back in July but I have not seen it posted in App world. I'm not sure where the update is.
    I have vers 2.3.7 installed on my PB. As reported end of July, FTP is not working for me either. I haven't tried contact6ing support email recently but dev was not responding to my questions about FTP. Disappointed because I bought the app because of advertised FTP capability.
    09-29-11 01:43 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD