no mine was dr mario renamed to game.nes. oddly enough, my dr mario game doesnt play on the emulator...

I'm stumped haha
    01-05-12 04:02 PM
    are you able to check/set file/folder permissions using astro file manager?
    01-05-12 04:03 PM
    Finally built and packagable.

I would propose we standardize the build, to avoid "finangling" the project to get it working.

Proposed ideas:

1. add a "lib" folder. Include the compiled .so files for SDL and TouchControlOverlay
    2. figure out how to edit SDL to avoid the uintptr_t issue, instead of altering our stdlib. This will botch building for other projects.
    3. relocate all media in bar-descriptor.xml to the actual media folder. (some were pointing to your C drive)

That being said, I am enthusiastic to begin starting to help. I think this route is a big step to having a collaborative project.
    01-05-12 05:13 PM

I would propose we standardize the build, to avoid "finangling" the project to get it working.

Proposed ideas:

1. add a "lib" folder. Include the compiled .so files for SDL and TouchControlOverlay
    2. figure out how to edit SDL to avoid the uintptr_t issue, instead of altering our stdlib. This will botch building for other projects.
    3. relocate all media in bar-descriptor.xml to the actual media folder. (some were pointing to your C drive)

That being said, I am enthusiastic to begin starting to help. I think this route is a big step to having a collaborative project.

i dont know if its possible with this software, but id like to see a menu where you can choose which ROM you play instead of cycling through them.

Also, is Game Genie supported on this?
    01-05-12 05:53 PM
    v1.0.0.9 for 2.0 users

- contains funky looking controls thanks to offthehorseceo , cheers.
    I tweaked them to be slightly transparent since it makes playing some games tricky.

- confirmed bluetooth works and it rocks, I'm using an MS 6000 bluetooth keyboard

s - select
    d - B
    f - A
    arrow keys for dpad

check the fceux.cfg file to see what other keys you can fiddle with.

- shift + L triggers an attempt to load cust-controls.xml from misc/fceux directory
    this is a work in progress ...

- group/user read/write/exec privilege for misc/fceux should be visible I think by default

I'll update the front page shortly ...
    maybe it's time to get that 1.0 build working!
    offthahorseceo likes this.
    01-05-12 06:37 PM
    Yes I did rename metroid to game.nes and it did the same thing. Should it just be an empty file called game.nes?
    this is no longer required, but some roms don't work properly and trigger a crash in the emu loader. These seem to be always old 'nesticle' rips e.g. METROID.NES BALLOON.NES and similarly named dos like conventions. They cause a seg fault in the loader , best bet is to try a bunch of roms until I get some workaround/fix done.
    01-05-12 06:46 PM
    v1.0.0.9 for 2.0 users

- contains funky looking controls thanks to offthehorseceo , cheers.
    I tweaked them to be slightly transparent since it makes playing some games tricky.

- confirmed bluetooth works and it rocks, I'm using an MS 6000 bluetooth keyboard

s - select
    d - B
    f - A
    arrow keys for dpad

check the fceux.cfg file to see what other keys you can fiddle with.

- shift + L triggers an attempt to load cust-controls.xml from misc/fceux directory
    this is a work in progress ...

- group/user read/write/exec privilege for misc/fceux should be visible I think by default

I'll update the front page shortly ...
    maybe it's time to get that 1.0 build working!

I CAN SEEEE!!! lol thanks
    01-05-12 06:48 PM

Proposed ideas:

1. Doable but what about include files eg. SDL.h I presume we add those in also.
    2. I've contacted the maintainer on github, they'll look into it.
    3. Yes I'll fix this.
    01-05-12 07:11 PM

Proposed ideas:

Done. If you git pull now you'll see ...

3rdparty/inc
    3rdparty/lib

containing SDL headers and TouchControlOverlay with .so libs
    bar-descriptor.xml references local content
    01-05-12 07:40 PM
    Sorry if I'm wrong, but does this mean I can upload my own controller skins? And if not, can I make a shortcut in the /apps/fceux.whatever/native to lead to /misc/fceux/native?
    01-05-12 07:43 PM
    Sorry if I'm wrong, but does this mean I can upload my own controller skins? And if not, can I make a shortcut in the /apps/fceux.whatever/native to lead to /misc/fceux/native?

Yes but the images are still locked for now in the native/apps folder ... so it's still a work in progress. Might be worthing waiting until we can load a control file and somehow load external images not sure it's possible due to the way QNX sandboxes apps.
    01-05-12 07:51 PM
    I'm currently creating a link from /apps/native to /misc/fceux, changing to chmod 777, hope it works!
    01-05-12 07:54 PM
    Thanks froggyface. I'm loving the emulator. You were right. The nes files that are 41KB were causing the emulator to crash. I downloaded my new nes roms from The NES Files - NES ROMs, NES Games, full color manuals, and more
    01-05-12 08:12 PM
    First of all thank you froggyface for the excellent emulator and your continued support. I think i might have found something odd, it might just only be by me. It looks like the button that is directly beneath the rom cycle button will also function as the rom cycle button if you repeatedly press it or in combination with any other button. If you move the rom cycle button to a place were there is no button directly underneath it everything seems to work normal. Again this might be just a problem at my end but i wanted to point it out anyway incase someone else also had such a problem. Thanks again for all your work!
    01-05-12 08:44 PM
    First of all thank you froggyface for the excellent emulator and your continued support. I think i might have found something odd, it might just only be by me. It looks like the button that is directly beneath the rom cycle button will also function as the rom cycle button if you repeatedly press it or in combination with any other button. If you move the rom cycle button to a place were there is no button directly underneath it everything seems to work normal. Again this might be just a problem at my end but i wanted to point it out anyway incase someone else also had such a problem. Thanks again for all your work!
    correction.
    Make it the whole space directly underneath the rom cycle button
    valhallen.282 likes this.
    01-05-12 08:48 PM
    OS 1.0 release available finally:
    v1.0.0.10 for OS1

v1.0.0.9 for OS2
    Dr.Deebs likes this.
    01-05-12 09:59 PM
    OS 1.0 release available finally:
    v1.0.0.10 for OS1

v1.0.0.9 for OS2
    Thanks mate, OS2 release is working great for me. No issues to report
    01-05-12 10:28 PM
    i dont know if its possible with this software, but id like to see a menu where you can choose which ROM you play instead of cycling through them.

Also, is Game Genie supported on this?
    game genie is supported ... not sure how to switch it on, but its fceux 2.1.5 so fceux.com will provide info on capabilities.

rom selector is a must ... but im just focusing on fixing crashes and other glitches for now.
    01-05-12 11:23 PM
    1.0.0.10 on OS1 just crashes on me. Tried several different .nes files none worked all worked fine with 1.0.0.2 i think was the last OS1 build.
    01-06-12 01:35 AM
    are you able to check/set file/folder permissions using astro file manager?
    I can see the permissions for NES folder is "drw". I don't see anywhere that I can set permissions. What did you use to make the folders and move the nes files into them?

Same result on newest 1.009 version
    Last edited by jntrup; 01-06-12 at 07:18 AM.
    01-06-12 07:05 AM
    I can see the permissions for NES folder is "drw". I don't see anywhere that I can set permissions. What did you use to make the folders and move the nes files into them?

I am having this same problem. To make the folders I just connected the PB to my computer using USB and made the folders. Then I tried multiple games in there (one at a time). No luck.
    01-06-12 08:57 AM

I am having this same problem. To make the folders I just connected the PB to my computer using USB and made the folders. Then I tried multiple games in there (one at a time). No luck.
    I also created my folders using the "connect to usb and use windows" method.
    I did use WinSCP to change permissions on another folder though, i didnt need to on the roms folders...
    01-06-12 09:09 AM
    Can you see the folders with that method in windows? I can only see the android folder, but it knows my roms folder is there because if I make a new folder and call it roms it asks me to overwrite
    01-06-12 10:03 AM
    yes i can see them that way.

are you jailbroken? if not does astro have a way to set permissions?
    Last edited by offthahorseceo; 01-06-12 at 10:57 AM.
    01-06-12 10:54 AM
    Can you see the folders with that method in windows? I can only see the android folder, but it knows my roms folder is there because if I make a new folder and call it roms it asks me to overwrite
    I can see the folder I created using windows.

Will someone post up a known working rom? I have tried several from multiple sites and still crashes immediately.
    01-06-12 11:19 AM
381 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD