Also, first time user. i didnt have old version installed. i tried to manually create sdl-controls.xml in the misc/fceux folder as well. No dice.
    the xml file is read in the app/native folder and currently there is no layout persistance. its tied into the SDL library. The developer of TCO is pretty cool so i think we can work something out in the coming weeks of having a flexible save and load api. So you can only modify the file in the app folder ...

is this still an issue for version 1.0.0.6 ?
    KermEd likes this.
    01-02-12 04:51 AM
    I can confirm that the buttons loading offscreen is still an issue in 1.0.0.6.
    01-02-12 09:19 AM
    Good work, but there are two major problems:
    -Onscreen controls load offscreen, as such in the above post
    -ROMs either load or do not load at all, for example I put Legend of Zelda and SMB3, yet it only loads LoZ and upon loading another it closes. I've tried everything from chanign permissions to renaming, but no solution yet
    01-02-12 09:18 PM
    Good work, but there are two major problems:
    -Onscreen controls load offscreen, as such in the above post
    -ROMs either load or do not load at all, for example I put Legend of Zelda and SMB3, yet it only loads LoZ and upon loading another it closes. I've tried everything from chanign permissions to renaming, but no solution yet
    yep working on both issues. for the second one its actually better to have a lot of rom files in the dir. it could be my rom loader is not indexing properly causing the small list to fail.

one thing, you can rename the .bar to .zip ... and perhaps modify the sdl controls in here, delete fceuxpb ... reinstall your modified zip. just a suggestion until i solve the bugs.
    KermEd likes this.
    01-02-12 10:59 PM
    has anyone tried deleting fceuxpb and then installing ... this is how i test it ...
    01-02-12 11:07 PM
    has anyone tried deleting fceuxpb and then installing ... this is how i test it ...
    You bet,

I installed only the 1.0.0.6 release
    - It had the button issue.
    I removed it.
    Repushed it with DDPB.
    - Still has button issue.

With that said though, phenomenal work on this project. Glad to be testing it And thank you for all of your hard work on it!

I'm going to dig into the .ZIP now and see if I can modify it...

Update: Won't run. I stored a copy of the modified xml here: http://www.filearchivehaven.com/down...l-controls.xml

But it wont let me re-sign it (already signed) and it wont let me just rezip it (filesize/hash mismatch maybe?)

Cheers,

Ed.
    01-02-12 11:47 PM
    Thanks for looking into this Ed. looks like a new spin is the only way, still no idea why it looked fine for me.

1.0.0.8 release for OS2.0 hopefully fixing up the controls problem ..

- I've moved controls up a fair bit.
    - changed the misc/fceux/.fceux folder to just use misc/fceux,
    Samba will still not map these sub-dirs but they do exist. Note if you have current .sav files you wish to keep you'll need to ssh into the device and copy them from misc\fceux\.fceux\xxx over to misc\fceux\xxx. You can at least see the fceux.cfg file and change this as required but the other dirs won't be visible in the z:\misc\fceux directory.
    - rom loader tweaks.

FCEUXpb 1.0.0.8 for OS2

NOTE: I haven't spun a 1.0 version yet, my environment is screwed up and I'm feeling lazy.
    commodorefork and KermEd like this.
    01-03-12 01:45 AM
    Hi Guys, those who left behind like me.. (dont know to how to run this apps on PB.even after you side load bar file.. this apps not working). and EVEN POST ON THE SITE for HELP and noone really care about newbie ..so after day of my google. i finally make it work on my PB.. this is how i did on my PB. i am not sure its right or wrong but working for me.. but i still need to thank for bar code.

here's the steps
    1)First sideload the bar file
    2) create a folder under Z:\misc\roms\nes on the PB(NOTE : only misc folder exist, you need to create roms and nes folder .
    3) copy these two files i attached .. (DONT ASKED ME why we need smb3.nes)...

done
    click on the FCEUXpb on the playbook
    What you said worked for me on 1.0.8 but when i tap the top left of the screen it exits and dont change game is there anything u do or is it the same for you
    01-03-12 02:23 PM
    If you upload the v1 to another github, I would gladly get it up to date and package it.

also: there is a beta2 now for the 2.0 NDK, do you have it yet?
    01-03-12 02:42 PM
    If you upload the v1 to another github, I would gladly get it up to date and package it.

also: there is a beta2 now for the 2.0 NDK, do you have it yet?

There is zero code change between 1.0 and 2.0 it's just that my current setup is somehow failing to sign code properly so I can compile ok for 1.0 just can release a signed app. The code should work for both NDK1.0 and NDK 2.0

I'll look into beta2 technically though there is no real dependancy on 1.0 or 2.x it's just the pain in signing etc.
    01-03-12 02:54 PM
    What you said worked for me on 1.0.8 but when i tap the top left of the screen it exits and dont change game is there anything u do or is it the same for you

You need to put your .nes files ( as many as you like ) in the misc/roms/nes folder. Some .nes files simply don't work they cause a crash during ROM parsing other than this ... tapping the top left should cause cycling of the games you store. If you only have 2 or even 3 .nes files then it's possible only 1 is working. logs are generated but you would need shell access to look at the console output of the FCEUXpb application in order to debug.
    KermEd likes this.
    01-03-12 02:57 PM
    There is zero code change between 1.0 and 2.0 it's just that my current setup is somehow failing to sign code properly so I can compile ok for 1.0 just can release a signed app. The code should work for both NDK1.0 and NDK 2.0

I'll look into beta2 technically though there is no real dependancy on 1.0 or 2.x it's just the pain in signing etc.
    You're probably right, I was getting mismatched issues (due to the bar file) like :
    Warning: Cannot find x/rim/ndk/beta1/bps.so -- Which can be easily changed.

However: these are warnings? Seems kind of important to me. I can still successfully build the app. Going to troubleshoot it on my device tonight.

Everything should be hunkie-doray. I would be further along with this, but Star Wars: The old Republic is just too good =[
    01-03-12 03:34 PM
    Thanks for looking into this Ed. looks like a new spin is the only way, still no idea why it looked fine for me.

FCEUXpb 1.0.0.8 for OS2
    Offscreen button issue: Confirmed Fixed

Thanks mate
    01-03-12 04:28 PM
    While loading up roms, what I did originally was load a rom, check if it works, then load the next one, or else delete the one that broke the chain...

For me, metroid and zelda2 broke chain, but when I changed the file name, it started working! Don't know why this would be and if this will help out in anyway, but I just thought to let you guys know.
    01-03-12 06:05 PM
    While loading up roms, what I did originally was load a rom, check if it works, then load the next one, or else delete the one that broke the chain...

For me, metroid and zelda2 broke chain, but when I changed the file name, it started working! Don't know why this would be and if this will help out in anyway, but I just thought to let you guys know.
    This is helpful how did you change the name i.e. what was the broken name and what was the name that worked ?
    01-03-12 06:27 PM
    Offscreen button issue: Confirmed Fixed

Thanks mate
    glad, it was bugging the out of me.
    01-03-12 06:28 PM
    You're probably right, I was getting mismatched issues (due to the bar file) like :
    Warning: Cannot find x/rim/ndk/beta1/bps.so -- Which can be easily changed.

However: these are warnings? Seems kind of important to me. I can still successfully build the app. Going to troubleshoot it on my device tonight.

Everything should be hunkie-doray. I would be further along with this, but Star Wars: The old Republic is just too good =[
    That is important, it's the runtime libraries that are distributed along with FCEUXpb they're copied into app/native/lib. You should modify the bar-descriptor 'assets' and delete any broken paths. Add new assets i.e. just add the file that is libbps.so which is stored under /c/bbndk-2.0.0-beta1 or /c/bbndk-1.0/ in target/qnx6/arm7le/usr/lib or similar. It will automatically recognise it as a shared file or other type.

We need libbps.so libTouchControlOverlay and libSDL12. When you add an asset you add a relative or direct path. A direct path is a literal full path to the library, a relative path can be like this:

${workspace_loc}:/SDL/Device-Release/libSDL12.so
    or ...
    ${QNX_TARGET}:/usr/lib

First one is picking a file from your workspace/<projectname>/<some_sub_path>

libbps.so itself is the 'platform' library that is taken from the "QNX_TARGET" so it should be 1.0 or 2.0 depending on which NDK you are using.

Old Republic looks awesome ...
    01-03-12 06:34 PM
    You can play FCEUXpb in portrait mode , just rotate your pb into potrait and start the app there is no position detection magic it just draws content vertically with horrid stretching. Since we can tweak fceux.cfg directly now in z:misc\fceux it might be possible to tweak scaling so it looks normal.
    01-03-12 06:37 PM
    I just installed on OS2 beta. Can confirm the issue of FCEUXpb shutting down when I press the rom change area. I have 8 nes roms in the folder and it still crashes after loading the 1st rom.
    01-03-12 07:44 PM
    I just installed on OS2 beta. Can confirm the issue of FCEUXpb shutting down when I press the rom change area. I have 8 nes roms in the folder and it still crashes after loading the 1st rom.
    there is a problem with certain .nes files causing the rom loader to crash. assuming theyre not .zipped but unpacked 41kb files the nes loaddr routine dies dumping md5 checks or around this area i.e. the prg header dumps. Notably the rom images that failed for me are very old 1990s rips at least appear to be all capitols e.g. BALLOON.NES rather than say 'Ballon Fight (E).nes' or similar.

you can download the windows version of fceux.com and test the rom images in the app. it could be endian issues causing errors during load but so far for me at least its a small subset of nes files that cause the crash. first step is to prevent the crash at least ...
    01-03-12 11:41 PM
    Froggy, I can confirm that the buttons in the default configuration are still reverse of what is on a real nes controller. Need to just reverse b and a. Just play punch out to know what I mean.

Good work so far, getting very usable. Any confirmation on whether the save location is going to move again? I really want to start some RPGs and would like to know they are safe for at least a little while.
    01-03-12 11:54 PM
    this is awesome, thanks! just getting used to the controls though ahah
    01-04-12 12:31 AM
    i second the rom load issue. had 5 roms the first three: two contra roms and one supermario rom worked fine. two others broke the chain which were promptly deleted. Now with only three roms in the directory it now loads the two contras but not the mario. rom list cycling issue perhaps? also I've noticed that "press and hold the button" doesn't work. can get rather frustrating.
    01-04-12 12:55 AM
    Just a quick question... when do you think we'll be seeing this in app world? I'm pretty hyped to see something like this available for the PlayBook, plus showing it off to my iDevice family and friends would be much enjoyment to me lol.

I'd be interested in putting it on my Playbook (2.0) now but I absolutely wouldn't know where to start.
    01-04-12 01:15 AM
    This is helpful how did you change the name i.e. what was the broken name and what was the name that worked ?
    The original files where METROID.NES and ZELDA2.NES. I switched the metroid one to etr.nes and zelda to dada.nes, and they loaded up fine. I have since renamed them back to original names, and they work fine. I was going to try to replicate the situation, but the other games I've been trying out have loaded okay.
    01-04-12 02:02 AM
381 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD