FCEUXpb FCEUXpb Home( not in app world yet ... )

UPDATED 29/01/2012
    LATEST: FCEUXpb-1.0.0.18.bar

All users can download here -> v1.0.0.18

Use DDPB to install the .bar file

v1.0.0.17 changes

1. dpad 'contra doesn't go right' fix.

source code -> www.github.com/trevornunes/FCEUXpb

upload your *.nes roms into z:/misc/roms/nes which is /accounts/1000/shared/misc/roms/nes on your playbook.

NES pad like layout on bottom of screen in landscape mode. You can swipe down to see controls ( TouchControlLibrary + SDL ) and move keys around. A file called sdl-controls.xml defines the actual layout you can fiddle with this.

Tap top left of screen to load another rom in the directory.

There are 4 save slots numbered 0,1,2,3 with 0 being the default. The buttons are in a small grid layout next to the save. If you tap button 2 then save,load will use slot 2 and same for 0,1,3 ... The emulator supports 10 slots but I think 4 is enough!

Tap middle left for snapshot save ( swipe top down to see the actual button shown )
    Tap middle right for snapshot load ( swipe top down to see the actual button shown )
    Tap top right to insert coin for Vs. games
    Last edited by froggyface; 01-29-12 at 07:05 PM.
    12-28-11 05:05 PM
    this is pretty awesome
    12-28-11 05:48 PM
    Can someone sign this app for me to use? or how can i install it unsigned?
    12-28-11 07:20 PM
    One question. Why didn't you put up the signed file? Also how much code did you rewrite and how much performance optimization was necessary? Is this an interpreter style emu or dynamic recompiler?
    12-28-11 09:35 PM
    the link to the .bar is part of the qnx build ... i will put up a signed .bar shortly.
    not much code was modified since fceux supports SDL, i just disabled a few things and added the rom loading by top left tap, I am documenting this on tbotz.blogspot.com

its an intepreter style emu, the dynamic recompilation is only useful for performance on N64 and later since its much faster ... it runs full speed now without any tweaks.
    12-29-11 07:46 AM
    the link to the .bar is part of the qnx build ... i will put up a signed .bar shortly.
    not much code was modified since fceux supports SDL, i just disabled a few things and added the rom loading by top left tap, I am documenting this on tbotz.blogspot.com

its an intepreter style emu, the dynamic recompilation is only useful for performance on N64 and later since its much faster ... it runs full speed now without any tweaks.
    Nice app loved it
    Will the app be free or paid when it hits the app world?
    12-29-11 08:09 AM
    I've ported FCEUX for playbook. Some oddball thing going on with vendor registration so it's not submitted to app world.

source code -> www.github.com/trevornunes/FCEUXpb
    unsigned bar file -> https://github.com/trevornunes/FCEUX...Device-Release

upload your *.nes roms into z:/misc/roms/nes which is /accounts/1000/shared/misc/roms/nes on your playbook.

For now name at least one rom 'game.nes' I need to fix a few bugs in the rom loader and this is the first and expected .nes image to load. Also no .zip roms yet ... yeah it's a nuisance I'll fix it shortly.

NES pad like layout on bottom of screen in landscape mode. You can swipe down to see controls ( TouchControlLibrary + SDL ) and move keys around. A file called sdl-controls.xml defines the actual layout.

Tap top left of screen to load another rom in the directory.

video of it running...

Enjoy, hopefully I can get it submitted soon to app world ...
    How is the performance? Are you using the SDL library supplied by RIM on the open source git repository? If so are you using the 8bit update or the original?
    Snoman002 likes this.
    12-29-11 08:55 AM
    Outlines of controls would be good. Kind of like how DosBox does it.
    Video looks good though.

Nice work!
    12-29-11 10:12 AM
    Will need to give this a try, glad to see some work being done to bring Emulators across to the Playbook, especially as the Android ones don't work

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    12-29-11 10:39 AM
    OH MY GOD, i almost passed out when i watched that video. that is so AWESOME!!! so what how do i get this thing on my playbook ? SIDELOAD? and i hope it gets picked up by app word. keep us updated with the registation process. THANKS!!!!
    12-29-11 11:01 AM
    Here's a signed app, if someone wants to dump this on megaupload etc. feel free because it really shouldn't be on github!

https://github.com/trevornunes/FCEUX...pb-1_0_0_1.bar

The app and source code are totally free, open source, have fun!
    LimeTripBlog and Alt-F4 like this.
    12-29-11 12:12 PM
    if you swipe down from the top of the screen, the control outlines are shown ... You can also move them around if you don't like the position. I can add images to the 'keys' but I kind of like it hidden if you swipe down you can easily see the layout ...
    12-29-11 12:35 PM
    here you go
    FCEUXpb-1_0_0_1.bar

Doesn't work for me on the latest beta, crashes as soon as I open the app
    Last edited by sergeh; 12-29-11 at 01:04 PM.
    12-29-11 01:01 PM
    you must create a directory z:/misc/roms/nes and have at least one file called game.nes
    the rest of the files can be the regular named files as long as theyre the unzipped .nes

if it cant find any file it exits immediately ...
    peteygrizz likes this.
    12-29-11 01:13 PM
    im using latest beta also ...
    12-29-11 01:14 PM
    my bad, I should have read! It works perfectly, good job
    (some roms might be running a little too fast but I'll give a closer inspection when I have time)
    12-29-11 01:27 PM
    glad it worked. i have noticed a bug ... sound stops working on every second game that is loaded from the top left tap action ... just tap again for now to load another one and sound should be ok.

for controls when you top down swipe you can move each colored box around to a better a position i will fine tune this based on feedbsck but if your adventurous you can modify the sdl-controls.xml directly yourself and change the size and position of the 'keys'
    12-29-11 01:33 PM
    Tried it not working for OS 1.0.8.6067.
    Cannot install program via Localbar.
    12-29-11 01:33 PM
    How is the performance? Are you using the SDL library supplied by RIM on the open source git repository? If so are you using the 8bit update or the original?
    yes im using the rim supplied sdl with latest 8bit drivers but not the 8bit driver. I tried once with the 8bit driver but it froze on initialization. im not using the GL accerelation either since i need to update the code to use GLES or a wrapper ( there is one on googlecode somewhere ) no GLQuad or begin,end style setup but it appears to be used a simple way to hardware blit to scre
    12-29-11 01:40 PM
    Tried it not working for OS 1.0.8.6067.
    Cannot install program via Localbar.
    i did use the 2.0.0 ndk ... i will try the 1.0 but im not sure what would cause a failure there is no dependancy.
    12-29-11 01:43 PM
    my bad, I should have read! It works perfectly, good job
    (some roms might be running a little too fast but I'll give a closer inspection when I have time)
    PAL v NTSC switching ... i noticed it too. was thinking of adding more buttons on top to control this type of thing, force the clock speed etc.
    12-29-11 01:46 PM
    Hi guys, I am not an experts.. so trying to fit into PB group. i used the side loader to load this bar but not working. anything else i need to do? or this is for developers?
    Last edited by paranee2; 12-29-11 at 02:09 PM.
    12-29-11 01:50 PM
    I can not thank you enough! Awesome now I can play the classics.
    12-29-11 01:57 PM
    Hi guys, I am not an experts.. so trying to fit into PB group. i used the side loader to load this bar but not working. anything else i need to do? or this is for developers?
    12-29-11 02:10 PM
    This works perfect! thanks!
    12-29-11 03:10 PM
381 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD