So I've been playing a few games on the PlayBook - some great, some not so great, but I always seem to come back to one game:

Frog Race 3D.

It's a $1 game inspired by the old 'frogger' game, and it's amazingly fun!

You can play single player mode and try to see how far you can go on just 3 frog lives (although sometimes you can get bonus lives along the way). Dodging cars, and even better - getting close to cars to get bonus points! Risky!

The game gets quite intense as your score climbs higher and higher. Getting above 1 million is a massive accomplishment and something that takes time, patience and sometimes lots of risk!

Anyway - totally addictive!

Then there's multi player mode. Not internet, but two players on the one playbook! On a recent flight to Florida for BlackBerry World 2012, I kept myself occupied with Frog Race! Even playing with complete randoms on the plane who absolutely loved the game!

Oh, the music is awesome too!

Sometimes the simple games are the most fun, and I'm finding this to be the case with frog race.

So if you want to try something new, and don't mind sparing $1 for a load of fun, give it a go! Would love to hear from anyone else who plays Frog Race! I'm "Sp0rk" in the game

07-12-12 05:44 PM
    I also play this game and love it!

For a short while I was king of the Frogs (Picklehead), before my colleague Cucumbrhed overtook me.

Highly recommended, and worth every cent!
    07-12-12 05:46 PM
    I'll definitely have to check that out. I loved Frogger back in the day.

Also, this was one of my favorite Seinfeld scenes:

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-FbktgqCqY[/YT]
    higherdestiny and mgm1979 like this.
    07-12-12 07:27 PM
    You convinced me to purchase it.

I like the fact that I can play with my son at the same time! Of course, he's sleeping now... but, tomorrow! LOL
    07-12-12 10:18 PM
    Some things to try.

When you jump in front of a car, wait until the car almost hits you - then jump just in time - you'll get bonus points for the close call. If you manage to do this two times in quick succession, you'll get extra points - three times or four times and you'll get heaps!!!

Close calls also seem to increase the chances of coming across an extra life (heart). So try to gets lots of close calls, and keep moving quickly (this also seems to help) and you'll get lots of extra lives.

I tried this technique and got over a million!
    07-13-12 12:27 AM
    I've also found if you email Victor (the developer) he is happy to know that people play his game, and will reply back!
    07-13-12 12:37 AM
    07-13-12 10:23 AM
    Ooooh! A new update - seems to add some more bonuses to gameplay. I've noticed if you have 3 hearts and get another heart now, it gives you +20,000 points as a bonus.

Nice! Haven't noticed anything else yet, but it seems good!
    07-17-12 11:58 PM
    There's also a nicer, rounder pool =)
    07-22-12 02:43 AM
    A new pool!?
    07-24-12 11:54 PM
    07-30-12 11:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD