This is the latest communication from Ximad, posted on their Facebook page.

"Hi There! How's everyone doing today?! ... Ahem... Hello! ... Is this thing on?

To Jerry: Hey Jerry! Is this thing on? Do I need to press something or whats the deal here?

Jerry: It's a facebook post, you dope! You're not on a stage with a microphone. You just type and then, if you're lucky, people will type stuff back.

To Jerry: Ok, thanks, Jerry! Thanks for the insult as well. That's doing wonders for my morale. Much appreciated!

Anyway... Hi everyone! Happy Holidays and Happy New Year!

My name is Rustam - I'm one of the game designers on the project. Thank you for your support this past year - we absolutely needed it. If it wasn't for you, we would have quit with this title a long time ago - it's been a hard year but we're finally starting to pick up steam.

In the next couple of months we're releasing some cool new updates:

- MORE ISLANDS! Finally, right? SORRY it took so long! But yes, it is certainly happening! My personal goal is for you to write to us - "Too many islands, man! Enough already!"

- MORE LEVELS and new content!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I would add more " ! " , but Jerry tells me I've hit my limit on the exclamation mark use and from now on, every new " ! " will cost me 50 cents! I don't care Jerry! This is too exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- We're revamping some of the old content - this one will be tricky, I'll be honest. But we strongly believe that you will enjoy some of these changes, and if not, you know how to reach us.

- Adding a brand new feature that will add a little more strategy into the mix! Can't wait to hear what you guys think - but we're really excited about it!

- A new store that will allow you to get more gems and some gems for free! And we will be certainly adding this store to the playbook platform as well. People on Playbooks are like, "Add a store so we can pay you!" And we're like... "We're not sure if it's a good idea..." Silly right?

- And bunch more tiny little changes that will make the game play a little smoother.

But the work certainly doesn't stop there. I think we have planned out about 4 months worth of new updates for Fantasy Islands. 6? Jerry says 6. So please stick around! We're sure you will love it! The game will continue to evolve as long as we have your support!

Thank very much!

All the best to you and your families in the new year!"
    12-24-12 07:38 AM
    At last!!!
    That's a good news!
    12-24-12 05:17 PM
    At last!!!
    That's a good news!
    Well, it's the same message we got 5 months ago. So it's good news if they follow through with any of it this time.

Update 1.0.67 is in App World. Couple of new buildings, quests, some new background music, removal of Hallowe'en and Thanksgiving stuff.
    Level max is 25, no bank, 11 islands is still the max.
    12-26-12 07:37 AM
    I don't receive any gems when I get to the next level and it's holding me back. Someone please help!
    12-26-12 10:15 AM
    I don't receive any gems when I get to the next level and it's holding me back. Someone please help!
    Getting gems for going up levels was removed with the first update to the game, in July or August, I think. Currently, there's no way for PlayBook owners to get gems besides completing some of the quests, and receiving the daily gem reward, unless your game is bugged. There's no way to actually finish the game yet, and buy all the gem-cost buildings, as the game hasn't been around long enough to let you accumulate enough daily gems.
    sha1984 likes this.
    12-26-12 10:31 AM
    Latest upgrade has several new quests, looks like most have gems as rewards.

Edit: it would appear that building recovery, in routine mode, is slower now.Guess the objective here is to get us to use turbo-ad option.
    Last edited by StanWiz; 12-27-12 at 09:41 AM.
    12-26-12 10:59 PM
    How can i get the latest Upgrade 1.067??? IT is Not in my blackberry app store!
    ThaSwapMeetPimp likes this.
    12-28-12 11:46 AM
    How can i get the latest Upgrade 1.067??? IT is Not in my blackberry app store!
    I've noticed this happening a few times on different PlayBooks, and not just with Fantasy Islands. Sometimes I'll get a notification that there's an updated version of one of my apps, but when I check the App Store, the App still shows the current version, and finding the App in My World shows the same thing. Sometimes the new version pops up after a couple of minutes, sometimes it takes a good while longer.
    gabmthc likes this.
    12-28-12 09:01 PM
    Happy New Year ! I have managed to hang in there and completed all Requests today
    Fantasy Islands-utf-8bsu1hxzawmdawnjixlmpwzw_zps296f89c6.jpg
    paso971 and tryfe like this.
    12-31-12 04:26 PM
    How do you get enough dwarfs to build a grocery store? I've been trying to get dwarfs to build a grocery store but I don't know how to all the stuff they are asking me for in the quests are stuff that are in the grocery store but I don't have enough dwarfs to build it. How do you get more? Please help!!!
    01-06-13 07:39 PM
    How do you get enough dwarfs to build a grocery store? I've been trying to get dwarfs to build a grocery store but I don't know how to all the stuff they are asking me for in the quests are stuff that are in the grocery store but I don't have enough dwarfs to build it. How do you get more? Please help!!!
    Build more 'dwarf' housing - with every building you construct your dwarf count increases.
    01-06-13 08:55 PM
    Hey just started this game and I'm loving it , I find that not having enough gems is slowing me down big time! And how do you start with the quests, not sure if I have an opportunity updated version or not....
    01-08-13 12:24 AM
    Nvm I totally figured it out lol, guess I'm not at a high enough level to be earning gems for completing my quests. Just xp points! Boo
    01-08-13 12:37 AM
    This is a counter-intuitive display. Next to the racial pictures, you have two numbers, available to work/living on your islands. The sceond number simply tells you how many of each race is currently living on your islands, determined by how much housing you've built. It's a relatively useless number, I think. The first number tells you how many of that second number are available to work in a facility for that race. Both numbers increase when you build housing, but the first number decreases by the appropriate amount when you build a facility, as that amount is no longer available to be put to work unless you destroy a facility.

Nvm I totally figured it out lol, guess I'm not at a high enough level to be earning gems for completing my quests. Just xp points! Boo
    As it stands, with the early removal of gem rewards for going up levels, and no bank, PlayBook players don't have enough gems to actually complete the game, as far as I understand it. Try to never use your gems unless a quest asks you to, in the building of a gem cost facility, and bear in mind that when you destroy a facility, you only get back half what you spent on it, even if it cost you gems. PS., love the profile pic.
    tallnerdygal likes this.
    01-08-13 08:52 AM
    This is a counter-intuitive display. Next to the racial pictures, you have two numbers, available to work/living on your islands. The sceond number simply tells you how many of each race is currently living on your islands, determined by how much housing you've built. It's a relatively useless number, I think. The first number tells you how many of that second number are available to work in a facility for that race. Both numbers increase when you build housing, but the first number decreases by the appropriate amount when you build a facility, as that amount is no longer available to be put to work unless you destroy a facility.

As it stands, with the early removal of gem rewards for going up levels, and no bank, PlayBook players don't have enough gems to actually complete the game, as far as I understand it. Try to never use your gems unless a quest asks you to, in the building of a gem cost facility, and bear in mind that when you destroy a facility, you only get back half what you spent on it, even if it cost you gems. PS., love the profile pic.
    Lol thanks! Still an x-men fan! of the real stuff! So you're saying with time I will get more gems? cause right now I'm at 0, and at level 12. I figured after I used my gems, I would slowly get some of them back, if I knew this I wouldn't have used any from the beginning! But it's been 0 for almost a day now, how much would I get a day? or is it like down until I restart a new game?
    01-08-13 11:38 AM
    The way to earn a ruby is every 24 hours you are rewarded a daily bonus Ruby,after three consecutive days you will earn your bonus ruby every day.At the welmart it gives you the option of doube speed if you accept ads.When you double speed you have to grab your Ruby every 12 hours and helps you to earn 2 rubys every 24 hours.If you don't collect ruby between 12 and 24 hours you lose your ruby bonus until you complete 3 more consecutive 12 hour days and you will start receiving your Ruby bonuses again.I have so far finished all quests on my playbook,but I had to Hock-trade in a lot of high ruby value real estate to get caught up
    01-08-13 04:38 PM
    well I've been on for 24hrs, is there going to be a message that pops up or something saying I've earned a ruby? or will it just show up in the top left hand side of the screen where the ruby's are?
    01-08-13 05:41 PM
    You have to do 3 consecutive days first to get the ruby started after that it's every day or every 12 hours at 2x speed at welmart. I will capture my next ruby reward screen and post for you to see.I shall get my second ruby for today in a couple of hours
    01-08-13 06:37 PM
    01-08-13 08:22 PM
    Alright got it guess in my mind it felt like 3 days lol
    01-09-13 02:04 AM
    well I've been on for 24hrs, is there going to be a message that pops up or something saying I've earned a ruby? or will it just show up in the top left hand side of the screen where the ruby's are?
    Unfortunately, it seems to be a common bug not to receive the daily bonus. I've read of quite a few people so far that have never once received a daily gem, despite playing every day allbthe way up to level 25. Playing the game fresh, first installation or reinstall, will start you with 125 rubies, and soon after an extra 50.
    malgpz900 likes this.
    01-09-13 06:20 AM
    Hi I have loved this game but. Have reached. Level 25 and can go no further. Playing this on my blackberry PlayBook. Please advise. When. This will. Change

Rachel
    01-16-13 08:54 AM
    I deleted it. Screw waiting around.
    01-17-13 09:43 PM
    New Update downloading now for F. I. Now
    01-18-13 04:47 PM
    Updated today, but sounds appear to be missing, music is fine though. Bought new island, that's all i could do.
    01-18-13 05:04 PM
377 ... 1112131415 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD