Am I the only one that thinks that the Facebook app for the PlayBook is awfully bad? Or...the fb apply for blackberries...I'd rather use the android app when I'm connected via wifi and the Facebook mobile site when I'm bridged , or even the desktop version when I feel that my speed is decent enough...
    Kerrstar likes this.
    01-22-12 06:24 AM
    I agree but isn't facebook garbage anyway? I thought is was Outlook with a picture section. someone on the planet doesn't like facebook!
    hackerguy and Lhendr like this.
    01-22-12 06:40 AM
    Lol good point, however I still can't like other comments using Facebook for blackberry :|
    01-22-12 06:50 AM
    If you don't like the app, facebook using the PlayBook's browser works just fine...
    revama likes this.
    01-22-12 07:32 AM
    someone on the planet doesn't like facebook!

Make that two.........I have no use for Facebook. I have a life.

I also don't have the delusion that my life is so important that people need 42/7 "Updates" about it.
    hackerguy and Lhendr like this.
    01-22-12 08:11 AM
    What bounce said! Jeez, everyone is so brainwashed by the apple app ecosystem - "there's an app for that". Apple wants you to buy apps because they get 30% of every app sale!

Just use the browser on your playbook!
    01-22-12 09:03 AM
    Tablet apps for sites like Facebook and Twitter aren't meant to replace the web experience. They're made to give you quick access to SOME of the features of the site. Which feature each platform (IOS/PBOS/Android/ etc..) chooses to highlight varies from platform to platform. So you may like something that IOS facebook does but I would hate it and perfer the PBOS facebook and vice versa, so I said all this to say.... You can't please everybody. If facebook is that important and you hate the full access to THE REAL FACEBOOK that the Playbook provides then buy an ipod or droid phone to go with your playbook.
    01-22-12 09:15 AM

I also don't have the delusion that my life is so important that people need 42/7 "Updates" about it.
    You must have a busier life than most being 42/7 and all.
    hackerguy and Richdog- like this.
    01-22-12 10:02 AM
    true the app is sort of lacking, but better than androin thats for sure. If your on the PB its a no brainer just ues the web, PB is a web device the rest are app launchers.
    01-22-12 10:42 AM
    I've always found those statements funny, even when FB was only a few years in, I've heard many comments like "I have a life or I don't have time for FB" but yet they're all active on there now. I used to be one of those people and honestly, if it weren't for FB, I'd miss out on a lot of updates & events since almost all of my friends use FB. FB has become the "standard" for communications. Where Evites used to be popular, people send FB events instead.

With those statements, I guess there are over 800 million people out there w/o lives, lol.

Oh, I agree the FB app for PB is sub-par but like one mentioned above, using the browser works fine.
    RunSilent23 and Richdog- like this.
    01-22-12 10:45 AM
    The Facebook app for PB and the phone are nearly worthless and thats what it costs. even as a free app it is not worth the space it takes up on device. stick with the browser webpage, unless you are one of those "better than you and too good for facebook" people who's lives are too full for FB but not too full too scan the forums.
    01-22-12 10:54 AM

How nice. So anyone who uses Facebook must not have a life. It seems you really don't have any idea what some of us use facebook for. For me, its a convenient way of keeping in touch with family and friends who are all over the world. None of my facebook family or friends give 42/7 "updates", or even 24/7 ones. Ignorant post.
    III 4U2NV III likes this.
    01-22-12 11:53 AM
    You must have a busier life than most being 42/7 and all.
    What I like about this forum. No mistake goes unpunished.
    Richdog- likes this.
    01-22-12 12:08 PM
    The only thing I would like on the Facebook for BlackBerry PlayBook application are notifications and it seems like it will be arriving with the OS2 update in the coming weeks.

Other than that, the smartphone application is rather enjoyable if you are using it to simply get things done. I like getting a notification, reading it, replying (or ignoring), and wait for the next thing to pop up. If I want to stalk you, or I need your Facebook profile to begin your biography desktop/laptop all the way.
    01-22-12 12:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD