Is it me or the Facebook experience is still horrible after about 7 months?

My BB phone is out for a few days and Facebook has become my only source of communication, since thats the only thing that kinda works on the PB for communication on its own, and my god I have not noticed how many bugs and how horrible the experience is?

The Facebook app is always giving "Not Connected" error even when its clearly connected to a wifi network and everything else works. IT's okay when it actually works but thats like 20% of the time?

Giving up on the app, move on to the browser, the website sucks big time on the browser too. So many glitches, Can't get through with the FB chat either, and touch.facebook.com is a lie for PB, you send soemthing and nothing goes through.

So what's the solution here? Sure I can go on my laptop but..come on?
    11-08-11 12:40 PM
    Never had any of those problems on my app. I actually thought that the facebook app for Playbook was decent.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-11 06:32 PM
    The only bug I experience with facebook is in the messages section. Often times messages appear with the words in a vertical line and not spaced like this:

t
    h
    i
    s
    h
    o
    w
    t
    h
    e
    m
    e
    s
    s
    a
    g
    e
    s
    a
    p
    p
    e
    a
    r
    s
    o
    m
    e
    t
    i
    m
    e
    s

This is quite annoying.... Now if you have such a horrible experience with facebook on your tablet, come on, why not use your laptop????
    11-09-11 06:43 AM
    The only issues I have are regarding text in a post, but not what bounce007 describes, but rather than while scrolling, I'll notice text in a post shifts, like it is trying to readjust word wrapping but it is actually truncating a good chunk of the message. Really annoying. I tend to use the normal site though in the browser.
    11-09-11 10:21 AM
    The FB experience for the PB is not that great.

Every time I start up the FB app and click on something - it crashes. I get the message saying FB had to unexpectedly shut down - please restart the app. This seems to occur often.

Anyways as this increases my productivity (I now waste less time on FB) there is some silver lining.
    11-09-11 11:43 AM
    Aside from those bugs I've found that groups are still unsupported and links to posted people profiles go directly to the browser instead of taking me inside the app. Also, it would be nice in an update to address the lists that were introduced some time ago. I still can't get linked through the notification when a Best Friends or Family list sends me one u.u also, it would be nice that the chat history was brought as in the desktop site...

oh and has anyone else had the desktop site crashing in 2.0? This has happened to me since the new update
    11-09-11 12:06 PM
    I've never had any problems with my facebook app on Playbook or Bold 9930. I do like the way it is integrated to messages and other apps such as Scrapbook.

I love it.
    11-09-11 12:14 PM
    I have had none of those problems with my Facebook app.
    11-09-11 01:42 PM
    Here are a few pictures of the issue I described above

EDIT: Well above I said the words were not spaced but obviously some of my pictures refute this. My apologies lol.
    They are still vertical though
    Last edited by bounce007; 11-10-11 at 06:50 PM.
    11-10-11 06:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD